Thread: Ze Latest Buzz

Default Ze Latest Buzz

Let's talk about what's generating a lot of noise in the tech arena, what everybody seems to be talking about today.

Here are a few to start off:

-Bing, Microsoft's revamped search engine launched last month, has a sleek look & is gaining traction. As one analyst said, suddenly you don't look stupid for using a Microsoft product.

-Google Wave: currently in development phase, it takes communication and collaboration to new heights. I was impressed. Planned go live date is late 2009. Check out the preview video from the link.

-Twitter: yeah yeah, it's been around for a while, and "tweeting' has penetrated its way into the terminology dictionary. But just in case anyone has been stuck in the ice age and hasn't heard of it. However, isn't Twitter essentially a small subset of Facebook (the status update function)?

Please share what else is useful nowadays.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

DVDVideoSoft and ConvertTube are what I've been using a lot of lately...been putting all of the really great Youtube videos and songs on my IPOD and T-Mobile G1 with them.

While we're at it, let me toss in delicious, the social bookmarker. Collect your bookmarks on the web independent of browser, share them with friends, and see what they are bookmarking. I like it and have found useful information shared by other users.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    -Twitter: yeah yeah, it's been around for a while, and "tweeting' has penetrated its way into the terminology dictionary. But just in case anyone has been stuck in the ice age and hasn't heard of it. However, isn't Twitter essentially a small subset of Facebook (the status update function)?
    Didn't Facebook added that function to compete with Twitter? I recently registered at Twitter just so that I can read little spoilers from Hollywood show producers. It's a neat tool for that alone. I must say I'm surprised that these people even have the time to spend on the computer writing often time insignificant events.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Didn't Facebook added that function to compete with Twitter?
    Yes, I assumed so.

I must say I'm surprised that these people even have the time to spend on the computer writing often time insignificant events.
    I'm also amazed in the same manner. I think it's a combination of them liking the site and want to use it, and also they want to embrace this "new" medium (e.g. to get honest feedback from customers), so they are investing some time into it. But we'll have to see whether this enthusiasm sustains in the long run.

Didn't Facebook added that function to compete with Twitter? I recently registered at Twitter just so that I can read little spoilers from Hollywood show producers. It's a neat tool for that alone. I must say I'm surprised that these people even have the time to spend on the computer writing often time insignificant events.
    Haha, most people use Twitter in their mobile phone. I use Gravity Twitter App for my Nokia and there are loads of Twitter App for iPhone.

Internet Connection always available:

- 3G
    - Wifi
    - GPRS

You can always update your twitter at all times even on the moves. On your bed, Airport arrival hall, in the restroom LOL, in the cinema theatre, restaurant etc .

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Haha, most people use Twitter in their mobile phone. I use Gravity Twitter App for my Nokia and there are loads of Twitter App for iPhone.

Internet Connection always available:

- 3G
    - Wifi
    - GPRS

You can always update your twitter at all times even on the moves. On your bed, Airport arrival hall, in the restroom LOL, in the cinema theatre, restaurant etc .
    Yes, I'm aware of that. It's just that the people I follow Tweet from their computer.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Default http://www.twitter.com/deukgu

Yes, I'm aware of that. It's just that the people I follow Tweet from their computer.
    Yeah, it's always shown at the message footer, the device or twitter app you used to update your twit acct.

- Web (Web Browser)
    - Txt (SMS)
    - and hundred of Twitter apps (on mobile and Adobe AIR based Twitter App develop using Twitter API, for example Tweetie, TweetDeck etc)

The reigning champion with the highest numbers of followers is currently hold by aplusk (Ashton Kutcher) with 3,041,183 followers LOL.

No, I'm not one of the follower, prolly Demi Moore is

my twit acct - I'm currently recruiting followers for an evil takeover of the world

I think google wave will change the entire internet. Supposedly launching this year, I can't wait.

Have you guys tried Aardvark? It's a question and answer service, but your questions only get routed to the "right" people (those who have knowledge in that area), and you receive an answer within minutes. Makes use of your FOAF network (that's Friend Of A Friend).

I just got a preview invite to google wave. It's looking awesome. I'll see what kind of fun stuff I can do when I can get some friends together.

My bf's been talking about this Google wave thing. Great, even more stuff to make me feel technologically retarded.