Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what movies are you dying to see?

Exclamation what movies are you dying to see?

i already have dibs this summer with The DaVinci Code & X-men 3. rain or shine, work or no work. i'm going to go see them this summer!

Ermmmm... Andy Lau and Fan Bing Bing's new movie.. anyways, its not even finished yet

Currently, I wanna watch Kungfu Sweetheart, Fearless, and The Shopaholics.

I want to watch:

Kung Fu Hustle 2
    Fearless
    X men 3
    new Superman
    New Pirates of the Carribbean
    ... (there will be more...)

I am very hopeful about a sequel for KFH. (i hope hehe)

added: Silent Hill
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 03-15-06 at 06:44 PM.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

that new jet li movie

Yeah, no way I'm going to miss Jet Li's Fearless.

Right now, can't wait to see Dragon Tiger Gate (Nic Tse, Donnie Yen, Shawn Yue)

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun
    Right now, can't wait to see Dragon Tiger Gate (Nic Tse, Donnie Yen, Shawn Yue)
    Seems like crap when u have Nic Tse and Shawn Yue in there. Im more excited for Fearless.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Brokeback Mountain - Since it won the Golden Globe, I want to see how good it is. The movie is still not available in Malaysia (Dunno whether it will ever make it to the cinema here or not, given the subject).
    The Barefoot Kid - I've been searching for this movie for years in local video shops. Can't find it anywhere. But I don't know it's worth buying from overseas or not. One of Aaron Kwok's earliest film.
    Dragon Tiger Gate - Just want to see Nic Tse.
    Autumn Remembrance - The cast is great. Chow Yun Fat, Gong Li and Liu Ye are all great actors and none of them I dislike. I'm neutral with Chow Yun Fat and like Gong Li and Liu Ye. The ancient setting of the movie is a plus.
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - Also can't find it anywhere locally. Actually I just want to see the cameo appearance of Michael Rosenbaum. So, not worth buying it from amazon. The storyline is not bad though.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-23-06 at 04:20 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

sorry double posting.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-23-06 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Brokeback Mountain - Since it won the Golden Globe, I want to see how good it is. The movie is still not available in Malaysia (Dunno whether it will ever make it to the cinema here or not given the subject).
    It's all about gay cowboys eating pudding. Not that interesting.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Superman Returns. I'm a fan of Superman: The Movie and Superman II so I'm curious about this one although this new Superman looks gay.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    It's all about gay cowboys eating pudding. Not that interesting.
    Why did I see this phrase everywhere? Any special meaning to it?

Ok, I get it already. It's a quote made by the main character of South Park about independant film being all about cowboys eating pudding, and then this movie (Brokeback Mountain) came out.

Autumn Remembrance - The cast is great. Chow Yun Fat, Gong Li and Liu Ye are all great actors and none of them I dislike. I'm neutral with Chow Yun Fat and like Gong Li and Liu Ye. The ancient setting of the movie is a plus.
    I'd second that. Some reports are already pegging it to be the most expensive Chinese film ever, surpassing The Promise. Effects work will be done by the studio responsible for Gladiator.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

i'm dying to see x-men 3

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

FEARLESS definitely!
    North Country
    Da Vinci Code
    Sympathy For Lady Vengeance - i looked everywhere but cant seem to find the dvd..sigh..
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Brokeback Mountain - Since it won the Golden Globe, I want to see how good it is. The movie is still not available in Malaysia (Dunno whether it will ever make it to the cinema here or not, given the subject).
    I agree. It pains me so much that some people are so close-minded about the homosexuality issue... they're still people! They're born like that, it's not their damn fault. And it looks supremely good, especially since it's nominated for so many Oscars too... I'm dying to see it.
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight-sonata
    I agree. It pains me so much that some people are so close-minded about the homosexuality issue... they're still people! They're born like that, it's not their damn fault. And it looks supremely good, especially since it's nominated for so many Oscars too... I'm dying to see it.
    religious fanatics are like that. A pastor church even ask the church members to boycott their local cinema until it stop playing Brokeback Mountain.

When asked why they didn't make a fuss about movies that involved murder, adultary etc, the pastor said that he doesn't like these movies too but these movies have been there too long they have become normal, but gay movies have not yet. So, he want to nip it in the bud to prevent it to become a normal occurance.

You should go read visit the Brokeback Mountain forum in imdb.com if u are interested. Very busy there. There are some homophobes who have not even watch the movie go there and say how this movie is bad. But there are also indept discussions about the plot of the movie. The forumers there are largely very defensive about the movie though. Imo, both sides (pro and anti) can be pretty fanatical. But I'm most annoyed with some straight viewers who are touched by the movie but insist that it's not a gay movie but a movie about love.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-06-06 at 03:04 AM.

Ditto the remarks on the close-mindedness some people have of the homosexual issue. I mean, homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality and should be treated with respect and understanding all the same.

Anyway, to get back to the topic, movies I'm looking dying to see for now are...

Brokeback Mountain
    The Constant Gardener
    X-Men 3
    Pirates of the Caribbean 2
    The Chumscrubber

Kidd, I've seen Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil mainly cos it starred 2 of my favourite actors (John Cusack and Kevin Spacey). Frankly, even when I thought the story was interesting and all before I watched it, unfortunately I thought the final product was dull and illogical in many ways. Not really worth buying, IMHO. But that's just a personal opinion, I have seen many favourable reviews on it so maybe some others will appreciate it more than I did.

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

Smile

I'd watched all the movies for January to Feb fm Fearless, Fun with Dick and Jane to Kungfu Sweetheart. Upcoming i'm waiting for Final Destination 3, X-Men 3, MI 3 ooppss all are part threes... heez
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown