Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 50 Hong Kong Beautiful Actresses (aged Under 40)

have u guys seen bernice's recent photo.... she looks so bad now
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    have u guys seen bernice's recent photo.... she looks so bad now
    really? pics please...

You mean the one where she had on the red sweater and the black skirt? I think she's still pretty despite the bad photo, but I'm not too fond of the short curly hair though ^_^!

I really don't buy how she looks bad now. I mean, its not like she is over the hill age wise. She is at the prime age for a woman, she should look her best.

I'm not sure if this is the photo Lunar is talking about, but anyway here it is

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8633/83072251.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/134/000fa.jpg')
    not her best photo but still pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfish View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the photo Lunar is talking about, but anyway here it is

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8633/83072251.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/134/000fa.jpg')
    not her best photo but still pretty.
    yes this one

but her curley short hair look is really not attractive on her
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

far out...i thought that was sheren tang untill i read the caption...bernice looks so old and haggard...what happened to her?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    far out...i thought that was sheren tang untill i read the caption...bernice looks so old and haggard...what happened to her?
    The photos were obviously taken without her knowledge or consent and it's badly taken. I don't think she has turned old and haggard. She just has a bad hairstyle and wearing baggy frumpy clothes that are comfortable but made her look fat.

You can check out her recent photos here.
    http://blog.tvb.com/berniceliu/photo/artiste_photo.php

Most other top beauties that is above 30 will most probably look as bad if they dress like Bernice in the photo. I don't think even Gigi Lai can look good in that hairstyle.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-16-09 at 09:32 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

What's the problem with those pictures? They are kinda blurry so you can't really make out her face.

To be honest, those pictures look normal to me. She is in normal closing and she looks like a normal person. Just because she is a celeb doesn't mean she has to look drop dead gorgeous at all time. Nobody can be like that.

Eh what is she wearing Berniece - bad taste.

Btw: whos #14???
    TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Ha! GEM Tang came #1? She still under 18 right? ~ perverts
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    The photos were obviously taken without her knowledge or consent and it's badly taken. I don't think she has turned old and haggard. She just has a bad hairstyle and wearing baggy frumpy clothes that are comfortable but made her look fat.

You can check out her recent photos here.
    http://blog.tvb.com/berniceliu/photo/artiste_photo.php

Most other top beauties that is above 30 will most probably look as bad if they dress like Bernice in the photo. I don't think even Gigi Lai can look good in that hairstyle.
    Thank god!!!

so glad she's not old and haggard, i've always liked her for her vibrancy.

Hong Kong's population may have reached a point where no more "class A" (Athena Chu, Gigi Lai, Catherine Hung Yan, and Michelle Reis) beauty can be "raised." I've learned something very important in making Athena Chu videos, and that's there's a big difference if someone is "born" or "raised" in China or Hong Kong, and that the economy(specifically, GDP per capita) and enviroment is a much more important factor than the population. Just because a country has the most people, doesn't mean that it's going to have the most beautiful people. If anything, it appears that the more people a country has, the more "ugly" celebrities there are, though that doesn't make sense intuitively.

It appears that something must have happened during the 1980's that stunted the growth of the "class A" celebrities in Hong Kong, because I've noticed that THE most beautiful Hong Kong celebrities were born in the 60's and 70's. It could be increased pollution due to increased population, or it could also be that their economy slowed down where parents don't have enough to raise their kids (of course, I'm talking about the average, like 1 in 500000 here, so just because your parents make a certain amount of so and so, doesn't automatically mean that you will look so and so).

Also, after comparing the photos of Whites and Hong Kong celebrities, I theorize that diet also makes a big difference. The Whites celebrities tend to have bigger noses, which I attribute to their diet of milk and protein(although avoiding protein is pretty iffy, because it's possible that protein is necessary for "big eyes"). Also, for all their blessings, you'll notice that Whites tend to want nose jobs. The nose is made of bones and cartilage, which are made of chondrocytes, which are made of protein. The lip is made of protein and fat, etc. So basically to me, the more you eat, the more the nose and lip grow out of proportion(which is why most cute people are short, and why the younger sibling tends to look better than the old, and probably why "tall and handsome" is such an attractive trait, because it's rare).

Now the issue of protein is pretty interesting, because it's very possible that you can grow tall and still be good looking by eating lots of protein, provided that the protein doesn't get deposited in the nose cartilage. Protein is not like fat where if you eat too much and don't exercise, it will automatically go to the "wrong places." Also, the slit-eye syndrome is said to be caused by weak muscles, so if you have this problem, you may have no choice but to consume lots of protein.

The most important thing here is that there appears to be no genetic difference among the races. After looking at many pictures of Whites, Asians, and Blacks, my conclusion is that Black women look the worst simply because they have the biggest noses and lips(they also happen to be the tallest, which IMO evolution doesn't favor, as they require more energy. Eating a lot will also make you die faster, google calorie-restriction.) And the best photos are almost always where the nose appears small. Being symmetrical is a factor, however, most pictures I've seen are symmetrical anyway, so that shouldn't be a concern. And if you were to compare on a celebrity-population ratio, Hong Kong actually beats the US by a good margin. I conclude then that if you were to replicate Hong Kong's economy and conditions to all the Asian countries, then the most beautiful women in the world would be Asians, not Whites.

Even if the difference is genetical, it could change in a generation or so. It could be as simple as just thinking about being beautiful(you have to let your genes "know" that being beautiful is "advantageous.") Someone said that beauty is simply an arrangement of the protein sequence or something like that, that's true. The trick is to let the body "learn" of that sequence, and pass it on.

Anyway, there are a ton more information that I could post here. If you have kids or know someone who has kids and want to help me out with my theory, PM me. I will show you just what exactly you're putting into your kids' body(the next time you order your kids a pizza or Chinese food for "convenience," be aware that you're making him/her look "uglier" each day.) It's a lot easier to grow up beautiful or even to become a "popstar" than people think(certainly, it should be a lot higher than the ratio of beautiful Asians to the cute Asian kids that I see.) It's just that most parents just go to work, order their kids fast food, and leave it at that. The kids grow up, do the same things, and the cycle continues.

Anyway, here's a link that kind of verify what I've learned(the Chinese are said to be working 17 hrs per day, right there we can see why so few beautiful celebrities come from China, no one can grow up beautiful under that kind of stress, and probably no healthy, "symmetrical" eggs can form either):

http://www.viewzone.com/attractiveness.html

Interesting theory, TP222

Here are my Top 3 Beauties. These ladies would make my head turn if I saw them in real life...hehehe....I might even get whiplash!

Yang Mi: In ROCH as Guo Xiang, she was simply stunning. She had the whole package: the expressive doe-eyed look, the gorgeous bone structure and stunning smile. She's lost plenty of weight and her looks have gone downhill since then (this is a pity since she's still so young), but she is still a very pretty girl.

Cecilia Cheung: Rewind time back to when she first started her career at age 18, Ceci was a breath of fresh air. Her long flowing hair and porcelain skin was just so lovely to look at. Her acting is also very good and she had a sweetness about her that's so attractive. Then...things went from good to bad. She went through an anorexic stage and then there was the infamous Edison Chen scandal. Now, it looks like she's back to being pretty again after the birth of her son where she gained some much-neede weight.

Erika Sawajiri: Like Cecilia Cheung, she began her career with as a fresh-faced beauty. Being a quarter French, she definitely has beautiful facial features. Her acting in "1 Liter of Tears" just made me fall in love with her. But, after her "Betsuni" scandal where she was rude to the media and getting married, Erika sems to have disappeared of the face of the earth. Still, her beauty has made an impression on me and combine that with her strong acting, I think she should make a comeback.

i thought this was a hong kong thread? why did you bring Yang Mi and Erika Sawajiri into this?

i don't know much about TP222's theory, though it does make sense but i don't think it could ever been a proven fact. but i do agree on working and stress really dampers the looks. though i thought SHu Chang who is very hard working and had pretty tough life looked alright.

I think it can be proven. I just need people with kids who are willing to listen to my advice. I've already told my sister about this(whose kids are ALL cute), so we'll see what happens(if you must eat fast food, then subway is what I recommend. The rest will at the very least make your skin look worse, at least if you don't exercise. What happens is this, if you eat more than your body needs and don't excercise, the body starts to convert the food into fat. If you have a genetic disposition to be fat, then you'll keep growing fat. If you don't, then once the body runs out of normal places, i.e your thigh, to store fat, it will start to break through on your skin).

Also, when I was in college, I knew a Chinese guy who was like 5 feet tall, and girls kept telling him how cute he is. Most of the cute girls I notice are short, so I'm fairly confident that my theory works.

your limiting your reasoning to a small pool of people around you, generally we consider skinny people to be more attractive because our society views it as such, but some cultures actually consider rounded girls cuter.

as for height, we think small = cute, but if you count it that way, most Russian girls are not cute.

your idea is more based on personal preference then actual fact, the fact that you think black people are less attractive simply because their features are bigger.

if your attracted to asian girls, then sure, in your eyes asians are much prettier, (i think so too) but if your attracted to european's or american's then you would find asian girls not that pretty, most of the comments i hear from my european's friends is that asian girls look to much like a child.

It's not just my preference. There was a post a while ago where someone posted a study in what people "all over the world" considered attractive, and from what I remember, those characteristics were high eyebrows, high cheekbones, small nose, big eyes, and narrow jaw. Being symmetrical is also possibly a factor, though you have to define what unsymmetrical first, because most pictures I've seen are symmetrical.

Even with out those studies, I think most people would agree that, for girls at least, small noses and big eyes are attractive(no coincidence these are what Asians look to have surgery on the most.)

High and thin eyebrow, I'm not too sure(but if you want to know how to achieve it, well, eyebrows are to protect your eyes from sweat, so I guess you have to avoid extreme heat(just like what that article mentioned) when growing up). High cheekbones, well, I don't even know what this is. Narrow-or (heart-shaped) jaw would seem pretty similar to small lips.

Anyway, I've looked at a couple of HK videos, it appears that the pollution in HK has greatly increased in the past decade, just like what I predicted as one of the factors. Man, I feel like I'm so close to discovering something great here(was going to make some youtube videos about it, but damn software takes so long. I'll definitely make them though. You could say I'm seeking to "evolve," so to speak, haha). Now obviously, pollution isn't the only factor. What I'm trying to say here is that the environment and possibly your diet greatly control your features when growing up, for example, if there's too much pollution, then the nose might have to grow bigger than it would otherwise to compensate, and if that's the case, then maybe we can control it "in our favor." Now I'm not saying that you can become beautiful, no matter how ugly you were born as(genes do certainly still play a big factor), but I think it's very possible to be born an 8 and become a 10, instead of becoming a 6 or 5, like what I've noticed.