Thread: The White Hair Maiden(80s? version)

Default The White Hair Maiden(80s? version)

I'm on a mission to replenish my video collection and I'm in desperate search of this serial. I tried googling this but fail to find the version I'm searching for. I for one do not know the names of the actors in this series but any help would be appreciate it. Its the oldest version of this adaptation as far as I know.

i think savio tsang played the male lead. oh yeah, i came across this site just for you.

http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=645
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i think savio tsang played the male lead. oh yeah, i came across this site just for you.

http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=645
    Yea, I saw this version floating around but this is not the version I'm looking for. The version I want, I'm pretty sure its mainland or Taiwanese because there isn't a single HK actor in it.

Are you sure it's from the 80s?

It was mentioned in this thread along with the TVB version too:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14150

I think you're looking for the Singapore version. They had a youtube clip for it too, but the video has been removed.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Are you sure it's from the 80s?

It was mentioned in this thread along with the TVB version too:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14150

I think you're looking for the Singapore version. They had a youtube clip for it too, but the video has been removed.
    actually, it might be even before the 80's. 80's at the latest. Come to think of it, it might be a Singapore version. Its definitely not HK.

BTW, its definitely not the Julian Cheung version. I already mentioned it doesnt contain a single HK actor, and besides its way before Jullian's time.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    I'm on a mission to replenish my video collection and I'm in desperate search of this serial. I tried googling this but fail to find the version I'm searching for. I for one do not know the names of the actors in this series but any help would be appreciate it. Its the oldest version of this adaptation as far as I know.
    there's a film made in China back in the 80s starring some Taiwanese stars

http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4474
    http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum (Your gateway to the global wuxia discussion on web)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet View Post
    there's a film made in China back in the 80s starring some Taiwanese stars

http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4474
    wow, i actually havent seen that version, but its not what I'm looking for. I manage to find a clip of this drama on Youtube. Now I just need someone to identify the title for me! I dont think its called the white hair maiden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l1yCJ0GhcY
    Last edited by i_fotted; 08-07-09 at 03:45 AM.

wow, i actually havent seen that version, but its not what I'm looking for. I manage to find a clip of this drama on Youtube. Now I just need someone to identify the title for me! I dont think its called the white hair maiden.

This is Return of the Condor Heroes Taiwanese version, it's not White Hair Maiden

Seems like you got the title mixed up.
    Last edited by chickenfeet; 08-07-09 at 09:35 AM.
    http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum (Your gateway to the global wuxia discussion on web)

It's not The White Haired Maiden because it isn't remotely about The White Haired Maiden. It's some other story.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet View Post
    This is Return of the Condor Heroes Taiwanese version, it's not White Hair Maiden

Seems like you got the title mixed up.
    It's not even the old Taiwanese version of ROCH.

Fotted-- Are you sure this is the series you're looking for because I don't recall any of the characters in WHM with names as those written in the subs of that clip.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

It's not The White Haired Maiden because it isn't remotely about The White Haired Maiden. It's some other story.

It's not even the old Taiwanese version of ROCH.

Fotted-- Are you sure this is the series you're looking for because I don't recall any of the characters in WHM with names as those written in the subs of that clip.
    Sigh, this is definitely not ROCH guys. To be honest, this is the only version of the White Hair Maiden that I have seen entirely. It may not be the story you guys are accustomed to.

This is a short summary to my knowledge.

1. A couple(husband and wife) with exceptional martial art is plotted and killed by the entire Wulin.

2. They get fortunate and survived but the husband is separated from his wife and his daughter. Both party thought each other was dead.

3. The husband and wife went on to create their own evil clan to seek revenge against Wulin to avenge their love ones.

4. The wife/mother was given the title Red Flower Demon and her daughter was titled Evil Snow White Maiden because they are always dressed in Red and White respectively. The daughter was an exceptional beuty who will eventually fall in love with the Hero of this drama.

5. The main Hero is a member of one of the main sects in Wulin. He will go through many hardships to become an elite fighter and has to overcome many obstacles to be with the girl he loves, the Snow Maiden.
    Last edited by i_fotted; 08-07-09 at 02:41 PM.

Are you sure you aren't thinknig of Red Fox of Snow Mountain? Because that is what it sounds like, and it is also what comes to my mind about what you list there. The video link looks more like RFSM to me then anything else. I'll see if I can find anything. Have you an idea of what the title is in its original language? (tudou is pretty good on ancient series at times)
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

Quote Originally Posted by Lianazhu View Post
    Are you sure you aren't thinknig of Red Fox of Snow Mountain? Because that is what it sounds like, and it is also what comes to my mind about what you list there. The video link looks more like RFSM to me then anything else. I'll see if I can find anything. Have you an idea of what the title is in its original language? (tudou is pretty good on ancient series at times)
    Sorry, I don't know the the title in its original language, although the copy I'm searching for is in its original language since I'm not a fan of dubbed.

The sad part is, I'm Vietnamese but I can't translate the title because my Vietnamese is so weak. I can speak fine, but the title is in poetic words and I have no idea what some words mean. I think there are Vietnamese speakers here that can help.

There are 2 titles.
    QUỶ BẢO (THẦN CHÂU KIẾM KHÁCH)

Sorry, I don't know the the title in its original language, although the copy I'm searching for is in its original language since I'm not a fan of dubbed.

The sad part is, I'm Vietnamese but I can't translate the title because my Vietnamese is so weak. I can speak fine, but the title is in poetic words and I have no idea what some words mean. I think there are Vietnamese speakers here that can help.

There are 2 titles.
    QUỶ BẢO (THẦN CHÂU KIẾM KHÁCH)
    Sadly I only know Mandairn and Traditional chinese characters for writing and reading. But I'll see what I can do. from the link you posted up it apepars to be possibly a newer 80s version of TWHM, (the only old version I know of that is still on youtube is from 1956 and I could only find ten videos) There is also trhe 1994 version with Ada Choi (which I can't even find on tudou or youtube)
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first

Come to think of it, I don't think White Hair Maiden is the same story because I read a few synopsis and the 2 stories arn't really similar. Sorry for the confusion. I'm still looking for the Chinese title though.

Okay. The clip you showed had Violet/Angela Pan Yin Tze as the main lead.

On her profile here, it lists most if not all her series and movies. The one you're looking for is made in 1985, titled The Bride with White Hair (*Chinese name uses imitation of Condor Heroes' Title) (神州俠侶). Her character name is Xiao Yu Xue (蕭玉雪). Costar is Mun Fei (孟飛) . The series was made byChina Television Company, Ltd.(中國電視公司).

That's the English title, but I doubt the story is anything like The White Haired Maiden.

Here's the theme video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnE5x33_uC0

and a video clip of a scene from the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnAZU9-p6xA
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-07-09 at 07:24 PM.

For a few minutes I watched the first vid link posted, it looked similar to the series with Shui Ling as the main role. (which is how I found and fell in love with Shui Ling in the first place!), that series was made in 1999. the series before that (the ones I recall) were the movie with Brigitte Lin (Bride with White Hair 1993), the TV series with Ada Choi in 1994, and also the series in 1956 a year or so after the books were published (of which I'm still trying to located the only english copies, but my sister Kaeryn has them both... in Tradi, and they areready to fall apart they've been read so much)

But all the series, each with their own stars and take on the story is definantly worth seeing IMO

Thanks for bringing it up Fotted

~Brother Zhu

Okay. The clip you showed had Violet/Angela Pan Yin Tze as the main lead.

On her profile here, it lists most if not all her series and movies. The one you're looking for is made in 1985, titled The Bride with White Hair (*Chinese name uses imitation of Condor Heroes' Title) (神州俠侶). Her character name is Xiao Yu Xue (蕭玉雪). Costar is Mun Fei (孟飛) . The series was made byChina Television Company, Ltd.(中國電視公司).

That's the English title, but I doubt the story is anything like The White Haired Maiden.

Here's the theme video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnE5x33_uC0

and a video clip of a scene from the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnAZU9-p6xA
    Thanks Suet, you are awesome! I'm not familiar with the story of "The White Hair Maiden". If anyone has seen "The Bride with White Hair", can you tell me if the stories are similar? I know the title is what got me, and in "The Bride with White Hair" her hair also happens to turn white :P.

Personally I love the storyline of "The Bride with White Hair". Yea, its typical wuxia, but its still a unique story IMO.

That pretty much happens in all the series based on the books. Even in the 1993 movie with Brigitte Lin, the main female lead's hair turns snow white. And now that i think about it, that series is I think on youtube under that link you posted.... maybe. :S

in 1950s LYS published the book as a two part series, in the scant years following a TV series was made, but I don;t know if it aired or not. (only recalled seeing a few eps links on youtube and tudou)

in 1984-5 the series came out again, a little nicer, but also pretty much by the books themsevles. (in some scenes lacking the write effects and such, but well made nevertheless)

then in 1993 the movie was made, and it pretty much set the stage for anything of a good romance martial arts movie for Hong Kong.

In 1994, the series with Ada Choi was created and aired, I haven't seen this version of the series yet. But I think it is pretty good.

Then we come to 1999, the book and miovie were both used as a base and they worked off that from what I can tell, and understand from my sisters translating for me. From what I know, every series or version, they all are the same in the respect that the main female leads hair changes color to white. No matter the acxtress playing her, they all do a grand job

~Brother Zhu

I can't believe I found this thread! This was my all time favorite series when I was young. I watched it over and over, even cry at the end over and over. I really love this series! I feel in love with Savio in here, I thought he was the most handsome , next to Michael Mui back in the 80's! Bonnie was so beautiful in here! I love how she was so serious with everyone else but so kind to Yi Hung! There was not enough scene with them together! I wished there were more! Ahh It would be lovely if they ever to reunit ( both still look great ).

I happened across this post because I was searching for the english titles of "Quy Bao" (Quỷ Bảo) and I found out that there is a longer title

Quỷ Bảo (Thần Châu Kiếm Khách, 神州俠侶)

I'm watching clips on youtube, great movie I'm going to try and find it I can buy this. It looks interesting.

Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=961y9...eature=related
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^