Thread: Did Gwok Jing favor any of his Freaks teachers' martial arts over the others'?

Default Did Gwok Jing favor any of his Freaks teachers' martial arts over the others'?

Before he learned the Hong Lung 18 Palms from North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, Gwok Jing relied on the skills taught to him by his Gong Nam 7 Freaks (well, six considering that Cheung Ah Sang died before he could teach anything to Gwok Jing) teachers to protect himself from the likes of the Yellow River Three Ghosts, Sa Tung Teen, and Pang Lin Fu (Gwok Jing really wasn't able to take on anybody more powerful than that with his limited skills).

Much has been made of the fact that because each of the Freaks practiced very different martial arts, Gwok Jing's training was stilted by the contradictory martial arts principles that he would learn from his six teachers. Only after Ma Yuk advised Gwok Jing on fundamental Cheun Jen Sect inner power techniques was Gwok Jing able to bring it together into a usable, cohesive body of skill.

That said, did Gwok Jing favor any one of his Freaks' teachers skills over the other? Did he tend to use Ohr Jen Ngok or Chu Chung's skills more than he did Nam Hei Yan or Hon Siu Ying's? Or did he really mix and match a bit of everything from each of his teachers' individual repertoires?

One observation: Gwok Jing was known as a slow learner, but having his six teachers give him contradictory lessons didn't help matters. Possibly even quicker learners such as Yeung Gor or Cheung Mo Gei would have struggled (at least initially, although likely not as much as Gwok Jing) to make sense of six disparate martial arts approaches.

For some reason I remember him using the Scholar's acupuncture and joint dislocation kungfus the most. But that might have just been an instance or two whereas I don't really remember JY ever specifying him using the other Freaks' kungfu even though he clearly used it before he learned the dragon palms.

He used Zhu Cong's bone dislocation skill against Yang Kang, but I don't recall any of the others' skills being specifically named.

According to this manga I have, in the fight vs the 4 ghosts he used specific skills from Han Xiaoying, Nan Xiren, Quan Jinfa and Han Baoju, as well as some philosophy from Zhu Cong about leaving an opening in defence to draw your opponent in.

He opened with Han Xiaoying's Yue Maiden swordplay, and later on used the four ghosts' weapons against each other. Nan Xiren taught him how to counter a spear using a single sabre in anticipation of Yang Kang's Yang family spear, and having disarmed his opponent, he used Quan Jinfa's spear skill to fend off his next attacker. He also kept one of Han Baoju's whips around his waist, which he used in the fight.

I'll need to check if this happened in the novel, though.