Thread: Sealing Acupoints Through the Air?

Default Sealing Acupoints Through the Air?

While reviewing Xiakexing, I realized that Zhang San and Li Si are capable of sealing acupoints through the air!

众人见到李四凌虚解穴,以指风撞击数尺外旁人的穴道,这等高深的武功向来只是耳闻,从未目睹,人人已是惊骇 无已,[...]

"Everyone saw how Li Si sealed acupoints through the air, using finger wind to seal the acupoints of people at a distance of many feet. They had only heard of such a high level martial art and never personally witnessed it. Everyone was panic-stricken ... "

Now, in DGSD (arguably considered the 'peak' of JY martial arts), only Duan Zhengming/Duan Yanqing level fighters and above appeared to be capable of sealing acupoints through the air; when Zhong Wanchou (a 3rd Evil level fighter) saw Duan Zhengming display it, he damn near pissed himself.

Now, Li Si was only described as using 'finger wind', as opposed to the YYZ energy which Duan Zhengming sent, which can be argued to be inferior, but he isn't that far off; at the very least, he is much, much better than 3rd Evil level fighters.

Now, IIRC, Zhang San and Li Si were only mid-ranked fighters on the island, and yet they were able to produce feats which approach Duan Zhengming/Duan Yanqing level, and which terrified fighters like Zhong Wanchou. This to me suggests very strongly that the two Lords of the Island were at the very least equal to the Xiao Feng/Murong Bo/Xiao Yuanshan level in DGSD, and quite possibly superior...and sends Shi Potian into superman orbit.

Thoughts?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Even assuming upper bounds on your logic, that *still* puts SPT at ~ XZ level, which is where he's always been

When I read the descriptions of their feats, Zhang San and Li Si seem God-like in Ode to Gallantry. However, one thing I've learned from Athena is that "conventional" fighters (ones that we don't pay much attention to) have also displayed awesome abilities. For example, as impressive as 15 year old Murong Bo's one-hit KO'ing of then-Yellow Eyebrowed Monk, 20 or so year old Zhang Cuishan could also achieve a similar feat.

In terms of SOATTA, I think DGSD is the first novel where Jin Yong incorporated this feat, where it was considered elite. But in subsequent novels, Jin Yong seems to have used it more liberally. For example, in SPW even the Faeries (the 6 of them combined were no match for Fangzheng's roar) could seemingly do it (although the validity has been debated). There is also an instance in DOMD where Wu Liuqi performed a feat resembling [S/R]OATTA (although, the validity again, is debatable).

Like its cousin the LDA, SOATTA seems to have really taken off with DGSD, and then developed more fully (and became more common) in subsequent novels.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Xuzhu also did it when helping the Xuan monk.

虚竹左手如弹琵琶,一阵轮指虚点,顷刻间封了玄渡伤口上下左右的十一
    处穴道,鲜血不再涌出

当日虚竹得段
    延庆指点,破解无崖子所布下的珍珑棋局之时,鸠摩智曾见过他一面,此刻突然见他越众而
    出,以轮指虚点,封闭玄渡的穴道,手法之妙,功力之强,竟是自己生平所未见,不由得大
    吃一惊。
    Last edited by flamer; 08-27-09 at 12:06 AM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the two loard of the island were equal to the head of snow school, gentleman of great strength, hero bai. shi potian already surpassed him in inner power when he met his parents again for the second time. the two lord may be at du generation monk level or great at first huashan tournament level.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    the two loard of the island were equal to the head of snow school, gentleman of great strength, hero bai.
    How did you arrive at this conclusion? I would place Zhang 3, Li 4 at or even above his (Bai) level.

So:

1. SPT
    2. Long/Mu Island masters
    3. Bai/Zhang 3/Li 4

Zhang San and Li Si are definitely head & shoulders above the level of Bai Zizai. Even a servant (not a student) of Isle Gallant made Bai doubt his supremacy.

Agree with PJ. Bai Zizai is far inferior to Zhang San and Li Si.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

sorry, i read an extract where when SPT made the leap from the ship to the cliff and caught granny bai and her granddaughter, and sent them back to the ship. bai zizi pushed back someone from thr island who tried to catch his wife. i thought it was on of the lords but now i'm not sure. i thought he should be on a similar level to the lords to send them back with one attack. also bai zizi is said to be superior to the head of shaolin and other sects because of the medicine he ate when young that increased his inner power by 50yrs worth of practice.

I can't be sure, but he probably pushed back Ding Busi, which is quite likely in terms of the relative difference in MA cultivation and the plot/character development.

Yeah, it was Ding Busi.

SPT had reached an unprecented level of inner power first through mispractice of the extreme yin and yang energy through shaolin's basic internal cultivation. then combination through the life death accuipoint aided by the liquor of dark ice and blue fire which increased his inner power. then more increase through practice of the demon subduing divine arhat skill. additional increase through drinking and expelling the poison wine of zhang san and li si. last by eating the eight meat gruel wwhich increases inner power greatly. when SPT learnt the ode to gallantry skill. all his accuipoints and merdieans became connected and inner power flowed ceaselessly and his skills merged into one. it's unknown if his inner power increased more after this. at this point his inner power might be higher then either or both of the two lords; or his usage of inner power and moves were higher then the two lords so he could defeat them even with having only the same level of inner power(the two lords had been eating the eight meat gruel for a long time, so their inner power should have reached the top level already).