Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 95

Thread: Michael Jackson - What we approved and disapproved about him:

  1. #61
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    TC - there exists a huge different between molestation and rape. Both are bad, but just make sure you know the difference when you are accusing someone of either. Second of all, before you so certainly express the thought that MJ "molested/raped" those children, perhaps you should take a deeper look at the accusations (i.e., do some research), rather than basing what you say on whatever TMZ reports.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  2. #62
    Senior Member jiang bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post

    If Trien Chieu had posted a threat proclaiming Michael Jackson to be completely innocent, how many of you would immediately start bashing Jackson? I believe that TC is the kind of person who no one can imagine themselves agreeing with and therefore whenever he says something I am immediately inclined to think the opposite. But in truth I don't think he is completely wrong on this issue.

    This is all irrelevant to whether he is a good singer or not (in fact he is probably one of the greatest) or whether donating to charities is good (it is).
    I didn't read the whole thread but I didn't see anybody proclaim MJ's innocence from the posts that I read...

    And it's doubtful that people would start bashing MJ just because TC proclaims him innocent.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

    Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    meh - the man is dead.

    TC - be happy he cannot "molest" anymore boys!
    Of course I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Because you are known to be anti black... YES, I have seen you praise asians over other races before.... I bet if it was someone you like that was accused of molestation charges then you would react differently...
    If my idols molest/rape children, then they no longer my idols. I do not idolize criminals. I would not believe that they don't do anything while sleeping with young boys/girls in the same bed. I won't give them the benefit of the doubt. However, if they are caught partying, drinking and smoking, then I don't care as I do not expect them to be perfect.

  4. #64
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,642

    Default

    One aspect of Michael Jackson that most people approve: RECORDS, RECORDS, RECORDS. However weird the man and his personal life got, there were always great records.

    Except that last one. INVINCIBLE was horrible...not because of inept musicianship, but because the record was boring. There wasn't a "Billie Jean" or "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough" in the bunch.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Of course I am.



    If my idols molest/rape children, then they no longer my idols. I do not idolize criminals. I would not believe that they don't do anything while sleeping with young boys/girls in the same bed. I won't give them the benefit of the doubt. However, if they are caught partying, drinking and smoking, then I don't care as I do not expect them to be perfect.
    Well first of all, NO ONE is sure if MJ really did molest or rape those kids. He was ACCUSED of it which means that it did not mean that he really did it. BUT you just say that he did it without even doing any real research. I guess I should not be surprised since you are racist against blacks anyways so you would never give MJ or any black person the benefit of the doubt. However, MJ is now dead so can't you at least give him some respect and let him rest in peace??? GEEZ!!
    Last edited by Trinie; 08-30-09 at 10:11 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Well first of all, NO ONE is sure if MJ really did molest or rape those kids. He was ACCUSED of it which means that it did not mean that he really did it. BUT you just say that he did it without even doing any real research. I guess I should not be surprised since you are racist against blacks anyways so you would never give MJ or any black person the benefit of the doubt. However, MJ is now dead so can't you at least give him some respect and let him rest in peace??? GEEZ!!
    If he is green, it would be the same. Race has nothing to do with this. I simply don't believe a grown man sleeping with young boys and doesn't do anything to them. Don't you smell something fishy?? Perhap not rape, but there must be something wrong to it.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Cesare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Except that last one. INVINCIBLE was horrible...not because of inept musicianship, but because the record was boring. There wasn't a "Billie Jean" or "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough" in the bunch.
    I kind of liked some bits of You Rock My World, but I agree.
    I guess he was just trying too damn hard to catch up with the latest trends.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

  8. #68
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    I kind of liked some bits of You Rock My World, but I agree.
    I guess he was just trying too damn hard to catch up with the latest trends.
    I think that musically, the biggest mistake that Michael Jackson made was choosing to stop working with Quincy Jones after BAD. While I can appreciate an artist's desire to find new collaborators and new directions, none of Jackson's later producers were able to get the best out of him like Quincy Jones did. While DANGEROUS (Jackson's first post-Jones album) was still a fine record with some great songs, something was definitely missing...and would become increasingly pronounced with each new MJ release over the next decade.

  9. #69
    Member ChuckC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I think that musically, the biggest mistake that Michael Jackson made was choosing to stop working with Quincy Jones after BAD. While I can appreciate an artist's desire to find new collaborators and new directions, none of Jackson's later producers were able to get the best out of him like Quincy Jones did. While DANGEROUS (Jackson's first post-Jones album) was still a fine record with some great songs, something was definitely missing...and would become increasingly pronounced with each new MJ release over the next decade.
    That's TOTALLY what I was thinking. He just lost it after his split with QJ.
    He is, first and foremost, a pop dancer and performer. Musically, he needed Quincy.

  10. #70
    Senior Member HuangYushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under a pile of work ....
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I simply don't believe a grown man sleeping with young boys and doesn't do anything to them. Don't you smell something fishy?? Perhap not rape, but there must be something wrong to it.
    I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

    I participated in a children's camp in 2001. I slept with 10 young boys every night for the duration of the camp.

    SO ... do YOU SMELL something FISHY!!!???



    Due to the public nature of this forum, I shall refrain from using certain adjectives that I would very much like to use now ... in all 5 of the languages that I speak.

    HYS
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

  11. #71
    Member ChuckC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    I participated in a children's camp in 2001. I slept with 10 young boys every night for the duration of the camp.

    SO ... do YOU SMELL something FISHY!!!???
    HAHAHAHAHA ! Dude, that SUCKS!!!

  12. #72
    Senior Member jiang bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    To play devil’s advocate, if it wasn’t your job, you wouldn’t be sleeping with boys. MJ actively wanted to sleep with boys in his bed.

    But the thing with TC’s statement is, he doesn’t seem to realize that if a man isn’t a ped, it wouldn’t matter how many boys he sleeps with. He seems to think that a man can be led to be deviant sexually, typically conservative viewpoint… what with them fearing gay people “turning” their sons gay and what not.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

    Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

  13. #73
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If he is green, it would be the same. Race has nothing to do with this. I simply don't believe a grown man sleeping with young boys and doesn't do anything to them. Don't you smell something fishy?? Perhap not rape, but there must be something wrong to it.
    I have slept with my nephews and young cousins as well as other kids, but we did not do anything at all. You are really close minded and live in a well or something...I question if you have anything up there in your head or not.....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  14. #74
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I question if you have anything up there in your head or not.....
    Sure he does...but much of it is the wrong stuff.

  15. #75
    Senior Member jiang bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    It’s possible he’s just putting up an act. Though why he would do this I don’t know. It’d make him a worse person if he was indeed just putting up an act.

    I notice his grammar is perfect sometimes, but other times it sounds like he’s not 100% comfortable with English. Almost like he was deliberately changing the grammar.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

    Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

  16. #76
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    To play devil’s advocate, if it wasn’t your job, you wouldn’t be sleeping with boys. MJ actively wanted to sleep with boys in his bed.
    I think Yushi's act was more out of compassion than job. Same could be said about Michael Jackson (not saying it was the case, but it's possible).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  17. #77
    Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    562

    Default

    This will be out of the topic, but to TC:

    You keep on harping about karma and that you show your "approval" for MJ's death. Do you actually realize that you yourself is accumulating bad karma for condemning and badmouthing a man? It does not matter whether that man is wrong or right. What matters is that you are NOT JUSTICE. You have no complete knowledge of that man's entire life, you do not know exactly what good or bad he has done. So please think about your own actions and words before pointing at others.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

  18. #78
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    This will be out of the topic, but to TC:

    You keep on harping about karma and that you show your "approval" for MJ's death. Do you actually realize that you yourself is accumulating bad karma for condemning and badmouthing a man? It does not matter whether that man is wrong or right. What matters is that you are NOT JUSTICE. You have no complete knowledge of that man's entire life, you do not know exactly what good or bad he has done. So please think about your own actions and words before pointing at others.
    You tell him!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    This will be out of the topic, but to TC:

    You keep on harping about karma and that you show your "approval" for MJ's death. Do you actually realize that you yourself is accumulating bad karma for condemning and badmouthing a man? It does not matter whether that man is wrong or right. What matters is that you are NOT JUSTICE. You have no complete knowledge of that man's entire life, you do not know exactly what good or bad he has done. So please think about your own actions and words before pointing at others.
    If condemning child molester/rapist is accumulating bad Karma then be it.

  20. #80
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If condemning child molester/rapist is accumulating bad Karma then be it.
    So, what about your effort of "I wanna be Mr. Goody-two-shoes always", isn't it going down into the drain? And, isn't that some sort of double-standard? Or, triple-standard, maybe?

    Child, you're so confused.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Similar Threads

  1. Michael Jackson is dead
    By LuNaR in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 01-15-10, 09:13 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-08, 04:26 PM
  3. Would Gwok Jing have approved of this marriage?
    By Yeung Gor in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-15-05, 08:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •