Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson - What we approved and disapproved about him:

Default Michael Jackson - What we approved and disapproved about him:

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    He left because we don't deserve his genius anymore. When he's alive, we judged him, criticized him and laughed at him. Now, we'll never see him again.

Actually, MJ said that he shared his bed with the kids. He never admitted a sexual relationship with them. I'm pretty sure he touched those kids, but it seemed out of his vision of pure love. He's not the type of person who'd abide by social convention, just because others said he can't do it.

He'll always be remembered.
    I believe in Karma.
    I believe child molesters/rapists should get the punishment they deserve regardless of how rich/powerful,talented they are. Perhap it's Karma that he had lot of sicknesses and didn't have a long and good life. He is not my idol so doesn't affect me whatsoever. If my idol is a child molesters/ rapist, I would stop idolize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I believe in Karma.
    I believe child molesters/rapists should get the punishment they deserve regardless of how rich/powerful,talented they are. Perhap it's Karma that he had lot of sicknesses and didn't have a long and good life. He is not my idol so doesn't affect me whatsoever. If my idol is a child molesters/ rapist, I would stop idolize them.
    He was acquitted of all the child molestation charges, because there was not enough evidence that he did molest the kids. Yes, he had children come over to his house, but according to him and some of the children who went, they did not engage in any sort of lewd activities, and were only playing video games and things like that. In the end, there were only accusations, but no real evidence to convict him of any of the charges.

How is it karma that he was abused by his father since he was a child (before any of the supposed child molestation accusations even came out)? How is it karma that he had to suffer from vitiligo even before any of these supposed charges came out? How is it truly karma that a man who has done so much for the world (i.e. donating to charities), done so much to try to break the racial barrier (i.e. all the songs he wrote about race and the world), done so much for music, etc. has to suffer from constant ridicule and accusations that most of the time are not even accurate?

Please, don't give me the "karma" argument. Karma doesn't work like that, and if it does, it sucks. You clearly know nothing about Michael Jackson's life and are only pouncing on the one negative thing that the media keeps focusing on (that may not even be true).
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

i watched that interview with Oprah yesterday and i couldn't help but started to tear up the man was wonderful; so compassionate, genuine, and kind. i don't remember actually believing the accusations, but when it was exploited in the media, i remember just snickering and making fun of him as if he was really "dysfunctional". i regret completely that i hadn't shown the support he deserved through his tough times.. we've truly lost an icon, a memory, a talent, a LEGEND that has done and gave SO Much to the world. i'm still extremely saddened and shocked by this even 5 days after... i should stop before i start tearing up again

R.I.P Michael. Your legend will live on and forever be alive in our hearts. May god bless your kind soul for all eternity!!!

and TC_ usually, i'd just roll my eyes at your posts and leave it at that but honestly, i don't care if you're faking your stupidity or not, you should really shut the **** up this time. making such comments about the already deceased is beyond ****ing ignorant. you don't have to idolize him after his passing but at least show some respect and shut your trap.
    Last edited by kay &!*; 06-29-09 at 10:31 AM.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Like I said before - Michael Jackson's father was quite abusive (verbally and physically). He used to call Michael names and ridicules him for the way he looked, especially his nose, which may explain all the plastic surgeries he had done on his nose. Granted, Michael Jackson is not the most mentally stable person there is (you don't have to be a psychologist to figure that one out), but nevertheless, that does not justify people's accusations and ridicules.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    He was acquitted of all the child molestation charges, because there was not enough evidence that he did molest the kids. Yes, he had children come over to his house, but according to him and some of the children who went, they did not engage in any sort of lewd activities, and were only playing video games and things like that. In the end, there were only accusations, but no real evidence to convict him of any of the charges.
    He was acquitted because he had the best lawyers that money can buy. If he was innocent, he wouldn't settle his case for US$22 million.

How is it karma that he was abused by his father since he was a child (before any of the supposed child molestation accusations even came out)? How is it karma that he had to suffer from vitiligo even before any of these supposed charges came out? How is it truly karma that a man who has done so much for the world (i.e. donating to charities), done so much to try to break the racial barrier (i.e. all the songs he wrote about race and the world), done so much for music, etc. has to suffer from constant ridicule and accusations that most of the time are not even accurate?
    It's unfortunate that he didn't have a happy childhood life, but that doesn't excuse him for sleeping with boys in the same bed. Honestly, if an adult man doesn't have any sexual desire, he wouldn't sleep with the boys.

Please, don't give me the "karma" argument. Karma doesn't work like that, and if it does, it sucks. You clearly know nothing about Michael Jackson's life and are only pouncing on the one negative thing that the media keeps focusing on (that may not even be true).
    What do you expect from the media of the free world? Negative news sell. By the way I agree that the parents were pimping their children for potential big buck, but that doesn't justify what Jackson did to the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Like I said before - Michael Jackson's father was quite abusive (verbally and physically). He used to call Michael names and ridicules him for the way he looked, especially his nose, which may explain all the plastic surgeries he had done on his nose. Granted, Michael Jackson is not the most mentally stable person there is (you don't have to be a psychologist to figure that one out), but nevertheless, that does not justify people's accusations and ridicules.
    Why did they not report him to the authority?

I don't know if Michael Jackson was really a pedophile or not, but I do know that I haven't been able to stop playing "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough" during the past few days.

That song title means what it says.

It's unfortunate that he didn't have a happy childhood life, but that doesn't excuse him for sleeping with boys in the same bed. Honestly, if an adult man doesn't have any sexual desire, he wouldn't sleep with the boys.
    What? I shared a bed with my mom and dad when I was a kid, and so do many kids. You mean they've got sexual desire for their kids too? Aren't you too presumptous now.

Fear and love.

You probably never went through that before.

Anyway he's dead now, so let's just leave the man alone.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 06-30-09 at 12:17 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

What's wrong with sleeping in the same bed with the boys when there's nothing going on?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    What's wrong with sleeping in the same bed with the boys when there's nothing going on?
    If there wasn't anything going on, then there shouldn't be any accusation.

Out of love, like GX said. When you're in an abusive relationship, the cycle keeps repeating and yet you can't break free because you're scared you won't have anywhere to go to if you do, no one to turn to, no one believing you, etc. You haven't been abused so it isn't something you'd understand, but for victims, sometimes their fear of being punished for telling.. that can cause someone to withdraw.

If there wasn't anything going on, then there shouldn't be any accusation.
    It can be hypothethised that the 'victim' wanted to cash in. Obviously, the 2003 allegations weren't the first of its kind, and the family probably thought they could get a settlement, like in the 1993 case - the 'victim' and his family REFUSED to go through with the police case. If someone sexually abuses you, they've lost your trust and if it happened to me or someone I knew, I will never accept an offer for out of court settlements because I would want that person to be met with proper justice. The fact that the family accepted the settlements clearly showed they weren't sincere about the whole story and only wanted to take advantage of MJ's vulnerability and generosity.

Anyway, I think it's only fair we remember MJ as a great muso who inspired many generations of singers and performers. What are your favorite MJ songs? I absolutely love Smooth Criminal - the video is SENSATIONAL.
    Last edited by Sourplum; 06-30-09 at 01:04 AM.

TC, do all of spcnet a favor and shut the **** up.

my fav. are Billie Jean and Dirty Diana but i honestly love all of his songs. i never get sick of his songs even if i play it over and over again.. which doesn't quite happen often now a days with these new artists and their songs.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

People, let's stop feeding the troll.

Let's just use this place to remember some of the most amazing songs by one of the most amazing musicians.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Out of love, like GX said. When you're in an abusive relationship, the cycle keeps repeating and yet you can't break free because you're scared you won't have anywhere to go to if you do, no one to turn to, no one believing you, etc. You haven't been abused so it isn't something you'd understand, but for victims, sometimes their fear of being punished for telling.. that can cause someone to withdraw.

It can be hypothethised that the 'victim' wanted to cash in. Obviously, the 2003 allegations weren't the first of its kind, and the family probably thought they could get a settlement, like in the 1993 case - the 'victim' and his family REFUSED to go through with the police case. If someone sexually abuses you, they've lost your trust and if it happened to me or someone I knew, I will never accept an offer for out of court settlements because I would want that person to be met with proper justice. The fact that the family accepted the settlements clearly showed they weren't sincere about the whole story and only wanted to take advantage of MJ's vulnerability and generosity.

Anyway, I think it's only fair we remember MJ as a great muso who inspired many generations of singers and performers. What are your favorite MJ songs? I absolutely love Smooth Criminal - the video is SENSATIONAL.
    Totally agree!! I think that if he really MJ did do those things, why would the family accept the money and hush up? It is clear that they just wanted money.... They know that MJ is vulnerable and is pretty generous with his money.

MJ is truly one of a kind and will be greatly missed.... TC, I really wish that you can just be quiet because you don't know anything about MJ. Therefore, I don't think you even earn the right to criticize him....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    What? I shared a bed with my mom and dad when I was a kid, and so do many kids. You mean they've got sexual desire for their kids too? Aren't you too presumptous now.

Fear and love.

You probably never went through that before.

Anyway he's dead now, so let's just leave the man alone.
    I slept with my parents when I was young and so did my other siblings. Therefore, does that show that my parents had a sexual desire for us?? Do you have any common sense TC???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Totally agree!! I think that if he really MJ did do those things, why would the family accept the money and hush up? It is clear that they just wanted money.... They know that MJ is vulnerable and is pretty generous with his money.

MJ is truly one of a kind and will be greatly missed.... TC, I really wish that you can just be quiet because you don't know anything about MJ. Therefore, I don't think you even earn the right to criticize him....
    If MJ was completely innocent, why did he accept to to pay $22 million dollars for the settlement. If someone accuses you of something you didn't do, would you accept to pay money for the settlement? I think everyone would fight to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I slept with my parents when I was young and so did my other siblings. Therefore, does that show that my parents had a sexual desire for us?? Do you have any common sense TC???
    The key word is "Parents". MJ wasn't parent of those boys he slept with. It's clearly that the parents of those boys pimping their sons for money but MJ wasn't innocent either. Who in the world would believe a grown man sleeping with young boys who are not his children and does nothing?

If MJ was completely innocent, why did he accept to to pay $22 million dollars for the settlement. If someone accuses you of something you didn't do, would you accept to pay money for the settlement? I think everyone would fight to the end.

The key word is "Parents". MJ wasn't parent of those boys he slept with. It's clearly that the parents of those boys pimping their sons for money but MJ wasn't innocent either. Who in the world would believe a grown man sleeping with young boys who are not his children and does nothing?
    You clearly lack common sense so why do I or others even bother??? If he did NOT pay, then they will cause even more trouble for him.... He is a famous celebrity too. Even the little rumours for him would be blown up into something that will ruin his reputation.

You know what, you are in lala land... Parents abuse their own kids too you know... Where were you??? EXACTLY, the parents of those boys just wanted money!!

Michale was the perfect target. a weirdo looking guy with lots of mental problem. if i were a parent i would do the same and get pay from it. I respect MJ but when i am face with 20 million in one hand and MJ the other, MJ will lose everytime.
    TC please with do respect do some research before u run ur mouth in here. your opinion is being stated and people have gave the reason and the why fact to ur argument, no need to repeat yourself. If thats ur opinion i respect it but dont repeat it over and over with the same damn crap, unless u have something new to say please stop before u get ppl mad at u.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Let us all stop feeding the troll, guys. This is clearly a case when someone is obviously trying to stir our feathers just like he did in the Iranian election thread.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I'd like to point out something very interesting about how reaction to Michael Jackson's death (and life) differs drastically among different cultures.

Here at SPCNET, whose members are generally Asians, the disposition towards Michael Jackson is generally positive or neutral. The critical voices are in a decided minority.

At another forum that I regularly visit, which is dominated by Caucasians, the situation is completely reversed, with most of the members being hostile to Jackson and his few supporters decidedly on the defensive.

Same man, but the reactions at the two communities are as different as night and day.