Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The defend YG thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Then are all those girls in ROCH who still fell in love with YG not hotties?
    I was talking about in real life, not wuxia. How many hotties out there would fall for an one-armed man?? Would you??

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I was talking about in real life, not wuxia. How many hotties out there would fall for an one-armed man?? Would you??
    You can't be too sure. There's lots of weird women out there, with some of them dying to marry serial killers with bad breath.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    You can't be too sure. There's lots of weird women out there, with some of them dying to marry serial killers with bad breath.
    These women are psycho themself. They are not the nice and decent women like the ones in ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    It will just be candide saying how hot she is and it would be fun to tame her; and TC saying how beautiful she is and what she did wasn't that bad and how she is a better choice for YG than XLN because of her virginity; and KC being glad that she maimed YG. Haha I am just baiting you guys for a response.
    Aha, you understand TC too well.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    These women are psycho themself. They are not the nice and decent women like the ones in ROCH.
    Still, you can't be sure what lies beneath the "nice and decent" appearance. Many "nice and decent" people had been exposed as psychopathic serial killers and etc., something that of course shocked the life out of the people who knew them.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Yang Guo's the type of guy who will make your life miserable is you treat him badly. But if you are nice to him, he will pour his heart and soul for you. He's a little judgemental sometimes, but he will admit his mistakes and try to improve himself. So what's wrong with a character who is human?
    That seems about right, Yingying~!

Nevertheless, I would use "quite" judgmental instead of "a little" though.

He is more temperamental than emo, which the latter draws some difference to the former, IMO.

In my definition,

Temperamental = still is conscious of his doings despite conquered by his wilfulness.

Emo = irrationally conquered by emotions and losing one's head (i.e in a fad of Low EQ-ness)
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-07-09 at 12:29 AM. Reason: minus the comma
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    It will just be candide saying how hot she is and it would be fun to tame her;
    I don't tame women. I prefer them free, wild and spicy.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    That seems about right, Yingying~!

Nevertheless, I would use "quite" judgmental instead of "a little" though.

He is more temperamental than emo, which the latter draws some difference to the former, IMO.

In my definition,

Temperamental = still is conscious of his doings despite conquered by his wilfulness.

Emo = irrationally conquered by emotions and losing one's head (i.e in a fad of Low EQ-ness)
    Yes, YG really isn't emo. He's hot headed, but that's not the same as emo imo. Temperamental, as you say, is more apt.

I do think that Yang Guo is an emo character.... (gosh... wouldn't he be hot with eyeliner & black fingernails??!!)

Anyway, I really don't understand how ppl can dislike Yang Guo - but there seems to be a whole heap of people who don't like him... and I can't really see why... except that he's in many aspects .... AWESOME.

He's hot, smart, fun, nice, kind, intelligent, strong, etc...and he had such a sad upbringing.... >_<

I disagree that he treats ppl who treat him like crap badly in return... Guo Fu was hardly nice to him (at least on the surface... since supposedly she 's in love with yang guo unknowingly....)... and Huang Rong was hot/cold to him.... and Yang Guo saved their lives sooo many times.... and he did it with the thought that ..what the heck... he just can't see them get hurt... he's a super nice person!!!

Guo Fu practically ruined Yang Guo 's life so many time.... and the Wu brothers..... totally Aholes to him~ and he saved their As...

i think it's quite safe to say Yang Guo doesn't really have an evil bone in him....
    He totally does not deserve the negative response he gets~~!!
    he never strives to be a hero or righteous person... but he unknowingly IS ~ unlike Guo Jing & Yuan chan ji and Zhang wu ji, etc.. who purposely sought to be righteous dudes~~ (i 'm a fan of them too... welll.. yuan chan ji in the 2nd ed of sword stained with royal blood anyway...)

BUT one thing similar to what is said about him is that... IF you treated him nicely in any way or form... he'll forever think that you're great and whatever u do, he'll regard u as an awesome person... so i think it's better to say that if you treat him well, he'll treat you 10 times better...!

that's why he would have never killed guo jing cos he believes guo jing was nice to him (which he was .. but that can't be said for huang rong or guo fu)~~
    Last edited by ccchelsea; 09-11-09 at 01:16 AM.

I like this thread.

ccchelsea:
    i think it's quite safe to say Yang Guo doesn't really have an evil bone in him....
    He's got quite a few.

Yang Guo stepped forward, he was just about an inch away, he wanted to fling the saber away and kiss her on her eyelids when he suddenly thought, “She’s touched by the respect that Yelu Qi treats her with, could it be that I’m inferior to him? Huh, I want to beat him in every department.” He lowered his head and swung it; the handle of the saber touched her waist and unsealed her pressure points. He offered the handle to her.
    Wanyan Ping did not take the saber; her knees bent down onto the floor and said, “I beg Master to teach me, I’ll be forever indebted to you if I can avenge my parents.”
    Yang Guo quickly picked her up and took the saber from his mouth, he said, “How can I be your Master? However, I can still teach you a method to take Yelu Qi’s life.”

I think that was when I more or less stopped even trying to like the brat.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post

I think that was when I more or less stopped even trying to like the brat.
    Hmmm. Interestingly, I found that to be one of his less objectionable moments.

He doesn't know a shit about the whole affair and he puts a decent guy's life at risk because the girl is hot (and - I think - reminds him of GuGu when she cries or some such silly thing) - and because he's got his own little vendetta thing going on.
    It might be understandable, but that means very little. I mean... I can understand Zhao Zhijing as well.
    Last edited by Cesare; 09-13-09 at 03:27 AM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

He doesn't know a shit about the whole affair and he puts a decent guy's life at risk because the girl is hot (and - I think - reminds him of GuGu when she cries or some such silly thing) - and because he's got his own little vendetta thing going on.
    It was slightly risky (actually, maybe VERY risky), but I think Yeung Gor truly believed that if push came to shove, Yeun Nan Ping would NOT kill Yeh Lut Chai. Fortunately, he called this one accurately.

Wowzers. I got Ken to defend YG.

Yeah, he probably believed that - but it didn't seem to be of as much concern to him as it perhaps should have been. ;-)
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Wowzers. I got Ken to defend YG.

Yeah, he probably believed that - but it didn't seem to be of as much concern to him as it perhaps should have been. ;-)
    He was absolutely confident that he had judged Yeun Nan Ping's character and her feelings for Yeh Lut Chai accurately. He really wasn't worried that Yeun Nan Ping would strike Yeh Lut Chai down.

Of course, he was only betting a man's life on his judgment, so he sure as hell *had* to be right. Considering the stakes, it was reckless even though he did call it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    He was absolutely confident that he had judged Yeun Nan Ping's character and her feelings for Yeh Lut Chai accurately. He really wasn't worried that Yeun Nan Ping would strike Yeh Lut Chai down.

Of course, he was only betting a man's life on his judgment, so he sure as hell *had* to be right. Considering the stakes, it was reckless even though he did call it correctly.
    I don’t recall that YG was confident that she wouldn’t kill him. Is this in the 2nd edition or the 3rd?

Anyway, she was gonna kill herself so either he saves her and gives her a reason to live or she tries to kill herself later on. She being a cute girl who reminds him of Dragon Girl, and he sympathized with her desire to avenge her parents. He picked her over the dude he has no connection to. Maybe he viewed YLQ as a rival, who knows. Another good looking dude with good kf skills, and the son of a big shot no less. Wouldn’t surprise me if YG did resent him.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I don’t recall that YG was confident that she wouldn’t kill him. Is this in the 2nd edition or the 3rd?
    TVB '83, actually. Maybe the script deviated from the novel to make Yeung Gor look better, but this depiction made it clear that his intentions were benign, and that there was no way he would have risked Yeh Lut Chai's life if he really thought Yeun Nan Ping would kill him. At this point, you couldn't say that Yeung Gor and Yeh Lut Chai were close buddies because they had only just met, but he clearly respected and liked the other dude and thought of him as a friend...at least enough that he wouldn't INTENTIONALLY set things up so that Yeh Lut might be harmed or killed.

The way the series sets it up, it seemed more like Yeung Gor was trying to teach Yeun Nan Ping a lesson about revenge (which is a bit ironic considering what would happen with Yeung Gor later) rather than seriously helping her to get revenge. His attitude seemed to be, "I've got this under control and nothing bad is going to happen...chill."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    TVB '83, actually. Maybe the script deviated from the novel to make Yeung Gor look better, but this depiction made it clear that his intentions were benign, and that there was no way he would have risked Yeh Lut Chai's life if he really thought Yeun Nan Ping would kill him. At this point, you couldn't say that Yeung Gor and Yeh Lut Chai were close buddies because they had only just met, but he clearly respected and liked the other dude and thought of him as a friend...at least enough that he wouldn't INTENTIONALLY set things up so that Yeh Lut might be harmed or killed.

The way the series sets it up, it seemed more like Yeung Gor was trying to teach Yeun Nan Ping a lesson about revenge (which is a bit ironic considering what would happen with Yeung Gor later) rather than seriously helping her to get revenge. His attitude seemed to be, "I've got this under control and nothing bad is going to happen...chill."
    Unusually for Jin Yong, he doesn't explicitly explain the reasoning behind everyone's actions and thinking, but he does describe the train of thought to some extent. From chapter 10: The Young Hero.

Wanyan Ping’s face was pale white, her left hand raised her saber, her
    right hand pointed at Yelu Chucai and said, “Yelu Chucai, you helped the
    Mongols kill my parents; I won’t be able to take my revenge in this
    life. We’ll sort this out in hell!” After she finished her words her
    left hand raised the saber and moved it towards her neck.

Yang Guo heard her words and saw that her eyes and expression was cold
    and mournful. His heart jumped, his chest was in pain, his voice cracked
    as he said, “Gu Gu!”

Yang Guo quickly replied, “No! No.” When he saw Wanyan Ping’s eyes
    showing a feeling of hurt and grief, her expression was bleak; it was
    just the way Xiao Longnu had looked like when she left him. After he saw
    this he was sentimental and mad; he didn’t know where he was.

Yelu Yan said, “Second Brother, why did you let her go again?”

Yelu Qi said, “What?”

Yelu Yan smiled and said, “If you want her to be my sister in law then
    you shouldn’t have let her go.”

Yelu Qi’s face turned serious and said “Don’t talk rubbish!”

Yelu Yan saw that he was serious, she was afraid that he would get angry
    so didn’t tease again.

When Yang Guo heard Yelu Yan say ‘want her to be my sister in law’, for
    no reason at all his heart ached slightly. He saw that Wanyan Ping was
    heading in a south easterly direction and said to Lu Wushuang, “I’ll go
    and take a look.”

The series did not make clear the Yeun Nan Ping/Little Dragon Girl connection that the novel established. At most, it obliquely referenced it later when Yeung Gor requested that Yeun Nan Ping allow him to kiss her on the *eye* (which without the proper context, was a sort of weird request).

The way the series did it seemed to presage what the older Yeung Gor would do when he was famous as the Divine Condor Hero. He saw what was going on between Yeh Lut Chai and Yeun Nan Ping, and his line of thought seemed to be (based on his actions and demeanor), "Well, this isn't good: these two shouldn't be fighting," so he intervened in a way that he thought would end their conflict and reset their relationship on friendlier terms. It seemed like he had good intentions, and it was one of the few moments I actually couldn't hate the guy.