Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Default Inglourious Basterds

Another great film by Quentin Tarantino. All the typical elements were there that we have admired his films for.

How good was the acting by Chistoph Waltz - he spoke and acted brilliantly in 4 languages, always had such screen presence that dominated every other actor/actress in scenes with him, maybe bar the laurent scene at the cafe.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Another great film by Quentin Tarantino. All the typical elements were there that we have admired his films for.

How good was the acting by Chistoph Waltz - he spoke and acted brilliantly in 4 languages, always had such screen presence that dominated every other actor/actress in scenes with him, maybe bar the laurent scene at the cafe.
    Exactly - this is the type of actor that I like to see on the big screen. Christoph Waltz completely stole the movie. Great mix of elegance, precision, and brutal intelligence. You can make much more culturally sweeping films when the characters are able to cross ethnic lines.

Not only that, I loved Diane Kruger as Von Hammersmark, who can speak French, German, and English, actually toned down her English to fake the German accent. Her English is fluent, and she's not American. Truly beautiful woman.

In addition, Julie Dreyfus, who played "Sophie" in Kill Bill Vol. 1, can speak fluent French, English and Japanese. She played Francsca Mondino, Dr. Goebbels' mistress. She's genuinely beautiful, no plastic.

Just a brilliant, dynamite cast that blows away most films in America. What do we have? Hannah Montana? Shia LeBoeuf? Megan Fox?

Yeah it was great casting. There are many brilliant foriegn actors and actresses that's under recognised. To think that Waltz was a small time actor for mini tv series, what a find by Tarantino and casting crew.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

I'm not a big fan of Tarantino and his latest movie didn't change that. I don't like graphic ultra-violence and this movie abounds. I did however enjoy the excellent performances from the cast.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 09-08-09 at 09:23 PM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I want to see this Quentin Tarantino movie but I'm going to wait for the DVD. In the past, I've liked about half of his movies, and disliked half. The previews look great, but my friends say it is very, very violent...

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Tarantino and his latest movie didn't change that. I don't like graphic ultra-violence and this movie abounds. I did however enjoy the excellent performances from the cast.
    I like and dislike the sly and rat-senses Hans Landa aka The Jews Hunter .

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
    Not only that, I loved Diane Kruger as Von Hammersmark, who can speak French, German, and English, actually toned down her English to fake the German accent. Her English is fluent, and she's not American. Truly beautiful woman.
    If my memory serves, Diane Kruger is originally a German descendant, or both her parents are German.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-25-09 at 01:32 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?