Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old TVB Series

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I'm happy to report that I finished The Breaking Point. I think it's an OK series. It's sad that Deric's character got away with murder and getting the inheritance that rightfully belonged to Kathy. The death of Leon's dad was so unnecessary. I feel like they make it tragic for the sake of making it tragic, though not farfetched considering Leon's dad has always been rash and impetuous. I would have liked the series more had Leon's sister successfully poison Deric. Haha.
    I sort of agree. TVB has a habit of killing off al lot of people in the last few episodes to give the protagnost a good reason to fight back. I sometimes wish that if Angela (Leon's sister) had been stronger, that Deric would actually notice her more. I still don't see the appeal of Kathy's character execpt that she is very pretty. I just felt that if she has handled the situation with Deric better, then he may not see Leon as the third wheel. You can break up before of after an engagemnt party, but breaking up right in the middle of it in front of his family, peers and friends is just very timing and embarassing for Deric who has a large ego.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I thought that part was really sad when the sister tried to poisen Deric. If I recall correctly, he pushes her out of the balcony then eats the poisen cake and pushes the blame on her. I think she was probably the most tragic character in there.

I feel a lot of the modern series in late 80's early 90s are sad but quite memorable.
    If you want a good cry, then go and watch "Drifters". Super tragic but at least the ending is not so bad.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    If you want a good cry, then go and watch "Drifters". Super tragic but at least the ending is not so bad.
    I don't think I have seen drifters yet. Sorry, going back to the breaking point, I also don't see what the fuss was about Kathy aside from being pretty. I guess it was love at first sight. As for Leon, I actually prefer him with Maggie. Another tragic character was Bobby who only loved Maggie and protected her until the very end. Going off topic now but another tragic character I never forget from tvb series is Frankie Lam in "before dawn"

I don't think I have seen drifters yet. Sorry, going back to the breaking point, I also don't see what the fuss was about Kathy aside from being pretty. I guess it was love at first sight. As for Leon, I actually prefer him with Maggie. Another tragic character was Bobby who only loved Maggie and protected her until the very end. Going off topic now but another tragic character I never forget from tvb series is Frankie Lam in "before dawn"
    Oh! Kitty was very tragic in "Before Dawn".

Back to "Breaking Point", I never got the hype about Leon or Kathy's characters for so many people to like them and die for them. Reagrding Kathy, I think Deric just saw her a trophy GF. She has the looks.

Which is why I preferred "Looking Back In Anger" where all the people were more rounded.
    Cyril Connolly

Yes Kitty's character was tragic, but she had a happy ending right with Alex? I can't remember. I agree, looking back in anger was better.

Yes Kitty's character was tragic, but she had a happy ending right with Alex? I can't remember. I agree, looking back in anger was better.
    IIRC, he was going to be executed so she committed suicide.

Watching "The Blood of Good & Evil" now. TVB used to churn out all this good stuff.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    IIRC, he was going to be executed so she committed suicide.
    Oh no way, I really cannot recall the ending,
    Do you guys remember what happens to carol and marco at the end? I thought they were so cute. I need to find this series.

"The Blood of Good and Evil" is one of my favorite series. I really like Maggie and Deric here.

I'm trying to look for David Siu series =)

I am now watching this series with Moon Lee and Luois Fan on TVB's kungfu youtube page.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I am now watching this series with Moon Lee and Luois Fan on TVB's kungfu youtube page.
    Me too... I think its call fist of power. It's good to see so many familiar faces. I forgot Deric Kwok always play a bad guy in the 90s.