Thread: Kim Mo Tuk Ku Kau Pai

Default Kim Mo Tuk Ku Kau Pai

I wonder why they dont remake this series.

Summary------>http://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/Kim-...view-r708.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia_FTW View Post

Because it's a substory that TVB invented and not Jin Yong. Actually, I don't know why.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia_FTW View Post

This series was based on the legendary character Tuk Ku Kau Pai. The series was about the life of TKKP, not about his martial art. The martial art in this series is amazing, so cool. TKKP's sword play is so cool, hardly find anything look that great in other series. Despite good storyline and wonderful artists with great martial art, the series is a big tragedy. It's simply too depressed to rewatch.

Generally, TVB is lacking talent in writing wuxia script anymore... it's been a good few years since TVB produce any wuxia series.

i think this series would be awesome if they can rewrite the storyline a little better. maybe mainland chinese writers can do this better than TVB.

Hehehe I still have this on VHS. I enjoy the seires alot. Felix, maggie and Hugo did a good job here. I really hated Hugo's character here, heh I wanted to see treasure raider because they reunite int here, but I didn't find it in my Language so there was no luck for me! Hey Gordon Lui look so young in here too! He had a serious roll, somehow I can't see him in these rolls anymore , probably from his aging and i keep seeing him in silly rolls!

Ah, I remember this series, I think I still have it somewhere at home. I remember it was really good but at the end, it was too tragic for me so I didn't want to rewatch it. Hugo is a very talented actor. Felix and Maggie was also very good. I agree Gordon Liu was very young and very serious here, very different from his silly roles. I like the themesong very much.

I just found this series super depressing and I never want it watch again. I didn't not know how I made it through it the first time The last two eps were pure torture and it was disturbing. One of the saddest ending ever for a TVB series. And I would have rathered Ah Hong die or wander the lands alone than have that girl follow him around.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

But a lot of old tvb series are depressing. I think that was just how some of the dramas were written during that time. There was one with Frankie lam and bobby au-yeung, I don' remember what it was called but it got too depressing for me so I stop. I think Lawrence Ng steals bobby's gf and was always giving Frankie and his friends a hard time. Bobby ends up killing Lawrence in a car crash.

Turbulent decade and the breaking point were also sad.

But I agree with you the last two episodes were super depressing. I think it started off good then it just keep getting very tragic. Hugo looked pretty cool with his bloodshot red eyes. I heard a lot of ppl didn't like him after this series because he was just so evil. You know how back in the days the audience yells at the villain and stuff.

I never thought about it that way having ah hong by himself. I guess ah serng was okay but I prefer chi yin.

I think now if I were to watch it I would fast forward a lot of the parts and skip the ending. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    But a lot of old tvb series are depressing. I think that was just how some of the dramas were written during that time. There was one with Frankie lam and bobby au-yeung, I don' remember what it was called but it got too depressing for me so I stop. I think Lawrence Ng steals bobby's gf and was always giving Frankie and his friends a hard time. Bobby ends up killing Lawrence in a car crash.

Turbulent decade and the breaking point were also sad.

But I agree with you the last two episodes were super depressing. I think it started off good then it just keep getting very tragic. Hugo looked pretty cool with his bloodshot red eyes. I heard a lot of ppl didn't like him after this series because he was just so evil. You know how back in the days the audience yells at the villain and stuff.

I never thought about it that way having ah hong by himself. I guess ah serng was okay but I prefer chi yin.

I think now if I were to watch it I would fast forward a lot of the parts and skip the ending. >_<
    The world is a different place now. Back in the old days, if one played a villain, he would be stuck as a villain for the rest of his career. But now, the audience is more accepting of villains or grey characters. Hey, if KMDGKB was a current series, Hugo would probably get an award for his superb acting.

A lot of TVB series were depressing. "The Intangible Truth" was sad from the minute it started to the minute it ended. "Looking Back In Anger", "Breaking Point" and "Drifters" were also super depressing series. And I cried buckets by the end of "The Legend of Master So" with Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yim and "The Final Verdict" with Adam Cheng. There was also one with Francis and Frankie where they played long-lost brothers, but Francis stole his GF and money and made Frankie go to jail. ATB also have their run of classic tragic series with super depressing endings ("Heaven's Retribution", "Cheung Sam Fung", "Dynasty", "Fatherland 1, 2 & 3", "Gone with the Wind", "Secret Battle of the Majesties 1&2", "The Silver Tycoon", etc...

Despite my complaints, I actually do not mind sad endings as long as they make sense and make the whole series more complete. LBIA would not be as memorable today if Carina and Felix walked away hand in hand instead of the open ending with Felix shouting in misery and anger. "War & Beauty"'s ending also made it more poignant and brings out the themes. I actually hate endings where everyone suddenly ends up with cancer or in a coma just to create some tears when they recover.

As for Duk Gu Hong, I think ending up alone suits him more. After all, his wife just passed away very recently and in such a tragic way. Him ending up with any girl, even if in a platonic matter (unless it is a girl condor) doesn't suit the name Duk Gu Kau Bai which exudes loneliness. After this series, I have always thought of him as a man who could had the world at his feet yet chose to pine way in loneliness and regret as he lost his one and only true love, Chi Yin.

(And I have retyped this message twice already, why does SPCNET keep blocking me when I reply?)
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I agree with you, if it was made today, Hugo would win an award. But yeh back then they were stuck in a villain role forever. I think this happen with Deric wan too, after looking back in anger it seem like he was always a bad guy.

It seem like ah hong liked both girls so I wasn't sure. Personally I prefer him with Chi yin since they were married and been through so much together.

lol I cried a lot too watching looking back in anger, breaking point , and legend of master so. I enjoy the beginning for looking back in anger but hate the ending. It seems like almost everyone in the series dies.

I agree with you, if it was made today, Hugo would win an award. But yeh back then they were stuck in a villain role forever. I think this happen with Deric wan too, after looking back in anger it seem like he was always a bad guy.
    Deric got heaps of good guy roles after "Breaking Point"; such as "The Blood of Good And Evil", "All about Tin", "Vengeance" and "Conscience." His acting is great, but he never got another role as memorable as Ding Yau Hong or Ko Tin Jun. However, he is a jerk in real life and his career was wrecked with scandals about women and court cases so he never got the full support of the audience.

I think actors/actresses promoted after the mid-1990's fared a lot better as villain roles actually got them in the spotlight, such as Deric Wan, Gallen Lo, Ada Choi, Patrick Tam, etc...
    Cyril Connolly

I think in the 90s people started off as villians. I remember ada was very good in the link. She plays a very good villain very different from her character in all about tin.

I didn't know deric was a jerk in real life. I loved his music as a kid. I just remember looking back in anger, breaking point, blood of good and evil, and all about tin. I really like him in the beginning of breaking point. I always did wonder what happen to him until he came back with that series with sonija kwok. Now I think he's in mainland. But I guess regardless of his lifestyle, he was a good artist.

I don't really recall Patrick being in much series besides hitman chronicles, justice pao, detective files investigations, and angel of mission.

lol, I think we are kind of going off topic from this thread here too, if I can find this movie later, i'll try to put up some pictures. Maggie is very pretty in this series. =)

I think in the 90s people started off as villians. I remember ada was very good in the link. She plays a very good villain very different from her character in all about tin.

I didn't know deric was a jerk in real life. I loved his music as a kid. I just remember looking back in anger, breaking point, blood of good and evil, and all about tin. I really like him in the beginning of breaking point. I always did wonder what happen to him until he came back with that series with sonija kwok. Now I think he's in mainland. But I guess regardless of his lifestyle, he was a good artist.

I don't really recall Patrick being in much series besides hitman chronicles, justice pao, detective files investigations, and angel of mission.
    I'll message you about the scandals.
    Cyril Connolly