Thread: Mongol Vs Manchu

Default Mongol Vs Manchu

Which side is better?
    The mongol conquered much larger land but only last for short period of time whereas the manchu conquered much smaller land but last much longer. However, the mongolians still have their own country called Mongolia whereas the Manchu lost their own territory and no longer have their own country.

Any thought?

I have the idea that the Mongolians were stronger, and had a much more mobile army.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    the mongolians still have their own country called Mongolia whereas the Manchu lost their own territory and no longer have their own country.
    had it not been for the russians butting in, mongolia wouldve still been part of China now just like manchuria.

History is your friend, don't fight it. I usually don't post but love a history topic.

The mongol did not "only last a short period", as you say, but broke up into many empires and khanates which lasted for hundreds of years. Some, for example, like the Mughal empire who ruled Pakistan/India well into the 19th century. Babur the first Mughal Emperor, was a descendent of Genghis Khan.

a full blasted war between the two? The "technical Mongolian Empire" might have more soldiers, though the Manchu would probably have more modernized weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    a full blasted war between the two? The "technical Mongolian Empire" might have more soldiers, though the Manchu would probably have more modernized weapons?
    That's not fair. They didn't exist in the same time period!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    That's not fair. They didn't exist in the same time period!
    all is FAIR in love & war

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    all is FAIR in love & war
    I sell time machine, you can buy in bulk, you want one?

What's your exact definition of better though?

Personally, I like the Mongolians more, not only did they have a direct massive impact on the world, rising from obscurity to conquer half the world with horses and arrows. They also have more descendants.

So in an evolutionary sense, they won too.

Manchus don't have a country any more. However, a lot of industries in China are controlling by Manchus. Especailly the culture industry. Think about more than half of the Chinese ancient dramas are about Qing and they are mostly compliments about the Qing period and the emperors. According to the statistics they are the ethnicity with the highest education among all Chinese ethnicities higher than Chinese Koreans and way higher than Han Chinese. They are somehow a bit like Jews in the US.

It seems to me that the Manchus are more outward thinking. They "employ" the Chinese to help in the running of their dynasty. They are also better in having "stable" homes while the Mongols are roaming around for centuries. Indeed, when my boss visited Mongolia, she lived in a tent - though it is modern with proper doors, bathing facilities/air-cond/heater. Something like a hotel room but it is still a tent.

Quote Originally Posted by CJMcRoyal View Post
    Manchus don't have a country any more.
    This is not important and they are not complaining unlike the some people from Tibet, Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang, ect.

However, a lot of industries in China are controlling by Manchus. Especailly the culture industry. Think about more than half of the Chinese ancient dramas are about Qing and they are mostly compliments about the Qing period and the emperors.
    Good for them and other people are ok with it as well. I never heard of any Han Chinese complained about too many ancient drams are bout Qing Dynasty or set on Qing period.

According to the statistics they are the ethnicity with the highest education among all Chinese ethnicities higher than Chinese Koreans and way higher than Han Chinese. They are somehow a bit like Jews in the US.
    Good for them. It's always better to work hard and succeed than keep complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    It seems to me that the Manchus are more outward thinking. They "employ" the Chinese to help in the running of their dynasty. They are also better in having "stable" homes while the Mongols are roaming around for centuries. Indeed, when my boss visited Mongolia, she lived in a tent - though it is modern with proper doors, bathing facilities/air-cond/heater. Something like a hotel room but it is still a tent.
    In modern days, even though Mongolians have their own country but their situation is way worse off than the Manchus who no longer have their own country.

When Ming difference against Mongolians... internally they were very organized for yrs...but until dun know Which empire take over..then internally corruptions starts plus nature disaster and then Quing take chance over throw Ming.
    Translation Agencies and Service Providers at visiontranstechindia.org