Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: missing Yale student's bod found

Default missing Yale student's bod found

The poor girl was supposed to get marry over the last weekend, but she never made it. She went missing last TUE and finally her bod was found inside the wall in the lab where she worked. Clearly the killer is someone she knew.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_286632.html

My guess is a psycho coworker with a crush. Last attempt to keep her from marrying perhaps?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post

My guess is a psycho coworker with a crush. Last attempt to keep her from marrying perhaps?
    Or someone who's dead jealous of her, and the last straw was that she's going to be happily married.

Psychos everywhere. Sigh.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

i've been reading a lot on her, and it's just not fair that a hard working student like Annie, that could've enjoyed the rest of her life and offer a lot to society would ended up in a tragedy like this. who would've done something like this to a small girl? that's just sad...for some reason she kept reminding me of the girls on spcnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kadaw View Post
    i've been reading a lot on her, and it's just not fair that a hard working student like Annie, that could've enjoyed the rest of her life and offer a lot to society would ended up in a tragedy like this. who would've done something like this to a small girl? that's just sad...for some reason she kept reminding me of the girls on spcnet.
    Body size will not play into factor once someone decides to kill a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Body size will not play into factor once someone decides to kill a person.
    It kinda does. You need more ooomph to kill a big guy.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    It kinda does. You need more ooomph to kill a big guy.
    It just changes your strategy. But the main decision to finish off the guy is still there.

So the prime suspect is reported to indeed be a coworker who was obsessed. Apparently she was the friendly sort. I guess perhaps she was nice to the killer, who wasn’t used to cute girls being nice to him, so he develops a crush and goes psycho when she rejects his advances. This appears to be a killing in the heat of passion (i.e. he flipped out, not that they were making out) without premeditation.

PS, obviously, I am only making guesses here.

Life is rarely fair. Enjoy your life. Live it to the fullest.

RIP, Annie Le.

So the prime suspect is reported to indeed be a coworker who was obsessed. Apparently she was the friendly sort. I guess perhaps she was nice to the killer, who wasn’t used to cute girls being nice to him, so he develops a crush and goes psycho when she rejects his advances. This appears to be a killing in the heat of passion (i.e. he flipped out, not that they were making out) without premeditation.

I heard about this and have been really shocked and sad. What a big tragedy... I just cannot believe someone can do such a horrible thing. I was making the same guesses as Jiang Bao was as well since I find it strange that someone would want to kidnap and kill her just days before her wedding.... It could have been an obsessed psycho that was going after her but she kept rejecting him because she was already taken. Therefore, he got mad and decided to murder her.... So sad... RIP Annie...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

This serves as a reminder for everyone to be careful in their dealings with those around them. This wasn't your everyday ax man poised for the kill in the dark; it was someone who knew her. Ah, you just never know....

May she rest in peace, and may the killer be dealt with accordingly.

I read that the autopsy results will be released this afternoon.

Statistically, most people who are murdered know their killer.

Pretty much on target, Ah Bao. She was friendly, popular, and brushed up. Unfortunately she attracted a psycho.

This is giving me the chill. She was kidnapped and murdered RIGHT INSIDE HER WORKPLACE DURING WORKING HOURS! I used to work in the basement animal facility too!
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Here's a pic of the suspect.
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/i...pect-1.1449054

This dude is screwed whether he did it or not. His pic has now been posted as a suspect. Even if he's cleared, he still will have a stigma stuck to him.

Edit: The Daily News went one step further... It's the dude dressed up as the devil LOL! Ya gotta love the press... Notice how suspect pix always are of them looking scary while vict pix are always of them smiling .

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...rest_tues.html

So late evening update says he's been cuffed.
    Last edited by jiang bao; 09-15-09 at 11:19 PM. Reason: updated info

Here's a pic of the suspect. I guess the cops are awaiting DNA results before they officially arrest the dude.
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/i...pect-1.1449054

This dude is screwed whether he did it or not. His pic has now been posted as a suspect. Even if he's cleared, he still will have a stigma stuck to him.

The press really should at least wait until he's actually arrested to post his name and pic.

And it's funny how they always post pix of suspects where they look suspicious. Never a smiling pic.
    The press is on a race to get more sales, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Pretty much on target, Ah Bao. She was friendly, popular, and brushed up. Unfortunately she attracted a psycho.

This is giving me the chill. She was kidnapped and murdered RIGHT INSIDE HER WORKPLACE DURING WORKING HOURS! I used to work in the basement animal facility too!
    so lesson of the day, don't be too friendly with your co-workers.

I don't think she was leading him on or anything. Nutjobs will see what they wanna see no matter what you do. You say good morning to them normally, and they think you want them.

I don't think she was leading him on or anything. Nutjobs will see what they wanna see no matter what you do. You say good morning to them normally, and they think you want them.
    So it turns out that this "person of interest" is already engaged to a girl whom he is currently living with. The suspect, his sister, and brother-in-law all live together and work at the same job. They were all missing from work on the same day. Certainly suspicious. His gf has posted in the past on their myspace regarding rumors that he was having an affair with a Yale student (Annie?). Maybe they did have an affair, and maybe they didn't. We won't know the details until the whole thing is over with.

Those types of popular, friendly girls tend to really attract everyone, including psychos. It's really sad. I hope they bring the killer to justice. She had so much going for her. I can't imagine the pain that her family and fiancee are going through right now. May she RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    So it turns out that this "person of interest" is already engaged to a girl whom he is currently living with. The suspect, his sister, and brother-in-law all live together and work at the same job. They were all missing from work on the same day. Certainly suspicious. His gf has posted in the past on their myspace regarding rumors that he was having an affair with a Yale student (Annie?). Maybe they did have an affair, and maybe they didn't. We won't know the details until the whole thing is over with.

Those types of popular, friendly girls tend to really attract everyone, including psychos. It's really sad. I hope they bring the killer to justice. She had so much going for her. I can't imagine the pain that her family and fiancee are going through right now. May she RIP.
    Thanks for the extra info.... Hmm.. maybe this is more complicated than we all think. Ok, I am not going to make any guesses until more info is released. But anyways, what a tragedy... May she rest in a peace and I hope that her killer will be bought to justice as well... I bet her family and fiance are really in a lot of pain right now and I wish the best for them....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Nutjobs will see what they wanna see no matter what you do. You say good morning to them normally, and they think you want them.
    I hate those people!

Why murder someone in a highly monitored place? Did he want to get caught so soon?

RIP Annie.

Officially death by strangulation. That requires a lot of motivation. They either did have an affair and he couldn't handle her marriage or he was seriously obsessed.