Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad Palms, emphasis on power or techniques?

I think Sad Palms is the expression of Yang Guo's intellectual complexity (techniques) and single minded emotional intelligence (power).

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Do you think YG can beat Sweeper with Sad Palms if Sweeper KO XLN in front of him?
    I think it save to say no but he would murder the likes of ZWJ easily with sad palms when he turns into "super saiyan" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think it save to say no but he would murder the likes of ZWJ easily with sad palms when he turns into "super saiyan" LOL
    Cheung Mo Gei might not win all the fights that he should, but he could soak and rebound from damage with the best of them. Nobody short of the Janitor Monk or Hui Juk can kill Cheung Mo Gei "easily."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Cheung Mo Gei might not win all the fights that he should, but he could soak and rebound from damage with the best of them. Nobody short of the Janitor Monk or Hui Juk can kill Cheung Mo Gei "easily."
    When super sad YG's sad palms would simply overpower ZWJ's 9 yang and injure him severely. I actually think GWM was a better figher than ZWJ and look what happened to him...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    When super sad YG's sad palms would simply overpower ZWJ's 9 yang and injure him severely. I actually think GWM was a better figher than ZWJ and look what happened to him...
    We already said that Sad Palms doesn't work that way.

Moreover, we don't know what might happen when Sad Palms encounters Tai Chi Fist and Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee. The outcome is by no means certain.

The more I think about QKDNY, the more crappy it feels to me, but it might just be because Zhang Wuji is the one showcasing it. Yang Dingtian was probably the most powerful guy alive next to Zhang Real Man, so it must be pretty decent, but just that quote about it being inferior to Central Plains arts makes me rank it below most other consummate arts like Taichi, Dragon Palms, 9 Yang, etc.

How is it compare to the Murong Family version?

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Do you think YG can beat Sweeper with Sad Palms if Sweeper KO XLN in front of him?
    I don't know, but I would bet that if YG saw the scene of XLN being "raped", he could blast a hole in the Sun all the way from China.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    I don't know, but I would bet that if YG saw the scene of XLN being "raped", he could blast a hole in the Sun all the way from China.
    He doesn't have enough internal energy to do that, no matter how depressed YG gets. And IMHO, I feel the idea that YG's sad palms is unlimited in potential is as silly as saying an emotion gives it's practitioner UNLIMITED power beyond his culminated years of training. If that's the case, then any Greats lvl practitioner could spend 5-10 years in a cave creating Anger Fist; or sexual repression kick; or smiley palms (which ZBT would get stronger the more mischievous he gets).

No matter how everyone likes to discuss and simulate how strong Sad palms are, it is still technically limited by YG's internal. Nothing in JY canon has broken this limitation. Even in XAJH, LHC's super surprising DG9J is improved once he had more internal.

So no matter how efficient an external technique is, it can't go beyond what the user can handle in terms of internal cultivation.

Both of immense power and bizarre technique..
    - Full powered Sad Palm
    Internal 10
    External 10
    - Normal Sad Palm
    Internal 8
    External 10
    - Happy Sad Palm
    Internal 6
    External 8
    Just IMHO

Full powered and Normal are the same thing. He didn't get any stronger than the Normal ones we saw him use against Zhou Botong, he was just weaker and turned normal again. Though after reuniting with XLN perhaps he can never use them again in that manner, so maybe there is no normal level, just full powered or not.

Not true when he fought ZBT/HYS he's not at "full power" perhaps around 80-85% of his strenght that's why he only fight to draw ZBT/HYS but when the power was unleash 100% he can defeat Greats (i.e Jinlun) also I think at the end of the story he can use his full powered Sad Palm more effectively than before..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Not true when he fought ZBT/HYS he's not at "full power" perhaps around 80-85% of his strenght that's why he only fight to draw ZBT/HYS but when the power was unleash 100% he can defeat Greats (i.e Jinlun) also I think at the end of the story he can use his full powered Sad Palm more effectively than before..
    He didn't use 100% inner strength and go all out, but he used the skill to it's full effectiveness at the intensity they were fighting. With Jinlun, the same exact strikes he was using lacked the essence of the skill and were just plain weaker than any strikes he was used to throwing out.

Imagine someone bench pressing. He has perfect form but did not go for the maximum amount of weight he could lift. That is his fight with ZBT/HYS

With Jinlun, he initially had sloppy form but went for his maximum weight anyway and failed.

Later in the fight he corrected to his previous form and succeeded in his maximum weight.

It's a shame we didn't really see YG go all out with them more than once.

IIRC, when he fought ZBT, he was literally calling out one move at a time and ZBT still found it hard to defend.

I would've expected YG to extract as much as DGQB's philosophy into his Sad Palms which would make it very powerful.

His spar with HYS was similar, it seemed as if he was 'powering up' during each exchange but HYS ended up using a neutralizing move.

Would've been cool if there was at least ONE clash between GJ's 18DP and YG's Sad Palms.

Yeeeeep just like I wrote above with number..