Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 XAJH Greats vs. The 4 Greats

Default 4 XAJH Greats vs. The 4 Greats

Ren Woxing+Feng Qingyang+Fang Zheng+Chong Xu

versus

Let's make it Pre-16 Year Greats when Ouyang Feng and Hong Qi are still alive so:

Huang Yaoshi+Ouyang Feng+Yideng+Hong Qi
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 09-17-09 at 12:32 PM.

Don't see how the XAJH greats can win. If they can beat the 4 ROCH greats, DFBB may be WAY ABOVE Sweeper Monk...

Regardless...

If it's the LOCH greats, then it's still possible...

Ren Wo Xing could stand a chance against OYF (Before he goes mad).

It'll be interesting to see Feng Qing Yang fight Huang Yao Shi with both characters wide variety of "counters vs techniques".

FZ against YD, matachable too.

CX is the weakest link here... Don't think he stand a chance against HQG...

Replace Chong Xu with DFBB and it becomes a rather good fight imo.

I agree that Chong Xu is the weak link.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Chong Xu may not be the weakest link. For all we know, he only lost a sparring match to Linghu Chong, where Linghu Chong simply got lucky by poking the sword to the center. If Chong Xu had went all out instead of just taichi sword, the outcome could have been very much different. In all, we have not seen the best of Chong Xu as much as we have not seen the best of Feng Qingyang.

I think it can be agreed that Ren Woxing and Fang Zheng are certainly better than Chong Xu. That leaves Feng Qingyang. With the amount of respect Ren showed Feng, and how a much weaker version of Feng (Linghu Chong) was able to poke his way to victory, I think it's much more probable that Chong is weaker than Feng.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Don't see how the XAJH greats can win. If they can beat the 4 ROCH greats, DFBB may be WAY ABOVE Sweeper Monk...
    Why would that be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Why would that be the case?
    ASSUMING THAT THE XAJH GREATS CAN WIN, THEN:

LHC and XWT are both 90% of RWX. So, we'll just estimate they're both = ROCH great, since RWX can beat them.

That means DFBB can THRASH 东邪西毒北丐 in a 1 VS 3 fight, EASILY.

How can you not stand in AWE of that...

If we consider XF = GJ, that means DFBB can beat 3 XFs attacking together...

Thus, I don't see how the XAJH team can win.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 09-18-09 at 10:14 AM.

LHC/XWT/RWX are ROCH Great level?

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    LHC/XWT/RWX are ROCH Great level?
    That's why I say it's impossible that the XAJH greats win...

Else DFBB will be crazily overpowered.

(even though FQY might be a wildcard, but there's NO WAY we're gonna know how strong he is.)

I don't get your logic there still.

If DFBB is way above the ROCH greats, then the others need not be equal to the rest of the ROCH greats.

Just to use some numbers and assume powers are additive. ROCH greats are 100 each so they are 400 total. If DFBB is way above ROCH Greats, we'll give him 200. Then the rest only have to add up to 200 together, which means they can roughly be 70 each and win.

That's not what I'm arguing their numbers are, but I'm just confused at your statement as to why DFBB has to be "WAY above Sweeper monk" and then the assertion that RWX/LHC etc are ROCH Great level.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I don't get your logic there still.

If DFBB is way above the ROCH greats, then the others need not be equal to the rest of the ROCH greats.

Just to use some numbers and assume powers are additive. ROCH greats are 100 each so they are 400 total. If DFBB is way above ROCH Greats, we'll give him 200. Then the rest only have to add up to 200 together, which means they can roughly be 70 each and win.

That's not what I'm arguing their numbers are, but I'm just confused at your statement as to why DFBB has to be "WAY above Sweeper monk" and then the assertion that RWX/LHC etc are ROCH Great level.
    I said that RWX/LCH are NOT AT ROCH great level... =.=

"LHC and XWT are both 90% of RWX. So, we'll just estimate they're both = ROCH great, since RWX can beat them."

So you mean TOGETHER they're ROCH Great then? Your sentence is not very clear...

Erm... let's just forget about that. Cause someone asked me "why issit the case", so I'm trying to explain it's not possible for RWX or LCH to be greater than ROCH greats.

All the points I stated above are under the assumption that "IF" they are greater.

Ren Woxing had respect for Chong Xu's martial arts. The only thing Ren Woxing docked Chong Xu was for the fact that Chong Xu had no great students.

In terms of swordplay, Linghu Chong was able to defeat Chong Xu; plus no internal involved.

Well...RWX also felt that although Chongxu's sword art was high, "he wouldn't necessarily be able to defeat him", which, for Chinese people, is a 'polite' way of saying that he thinks he is probably superior to Chongxu, which is very likely even in swordplay alone, as the Sun Moon Sect actually possessed a copy of Taiji swordplay manual transmitted by Zhang Sanfeng which Chongxu did not have access to. In other words, although RWX obviously doesn't practice Taiji swordplay himself, he does have access to the secrets of the swordplay.

In addition, the power of Fangzheng's roar, which was not even directed at Chongxu but rather at the 6 Peach Fairies, disturbed Chongxu's internal energy IIRC.

Chongxu is definitely the weak link.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Well...RWX also felt that although Chongxu's sword art was high, "he wouldn't necessarily be able to defeat him", .
    Ren Wo Xing, POLITE!??! NEVER!!!?!?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I really want to see Dongfong Bubai fight a ROCH Great or something.

Ren Woxing is just so impressive that with gut instinct and without the DFBB scene, I think there wouldn't be any major objections if we placed him besides the ROCH Greats. Though I suppose we also imagine Chong Xu to be much weaker than Zhang Sanfeng, and Ren is probably only 10% or so better than Chong Xu and thus much weaker than a ROCH great. Ren has the same aura Xie Xun had in the first scene he appeared, except Ren has it throughout the book.

I think the time has come for us to accept the fact that DFBB is indeed THAT POWERFUL.

That he can take on QYF, HYS, HQG and YD in a 1 VS 4 handicap match and come out the winner...

It's not that RWX is weak... it's just that DFBB is just THAT DAMN STRONG.

I too have come to believe that DFBB can take on 1 Great, possibly 2. But all 4? Hm.....