Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 XAJH Greats vs. The 4 Greats

If RWX = 1 ROCH great... Then yes, all 4 would be no kick for DFBB...

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    ASSUMING THAT THE XAJH GREATS CAN WIN, THEN:

LHC and XWT are both 90% of RWX. So, we'll just estimate they're both = ROCH great, since RWX can beat them.
    hold up, as much as i hate absolute numbers being applied to wuxia comparrisons, where do you get the basis that LHC & XWT are each 90% of RWX?!

Also, which LHC are you looking at? Is it LHC at his peak of brilliance (able to identify and counter ALL of his opponent's weakness) or LHC who couldn't even fight off a few thugs w/o a sword?
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 09-18-09 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I really want to see Dongfong Bubai fight a ROCH Great or something.

Ren Woxing is just so impressive that with gut instinct and without the DFBB scene, I think there wouldn't be any major objections if we placed him besides the ROCH Greats. Though I suppose we also imagine Chong Xu to be much weaker than Zhang Sanfeng, and Ren is probably only 10% or so better than Chong Xu and thus much weaker than a ROCH great. Ren has the same aura Xie Xun had in the first scene he appeared, except Ren has it throughout the book.
    He was pretty impressive throughout. The most inglorious part was probably him getting suckered and losing to Zuo Leng Chan. And Zuo got suckered and lost to Yue Bue Qun. Meaning that RWX just might have lost to YBQ as well if he met palms with that trick needle.

But RWX gets STYLE POINTS.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    He was pretty impressive throughout. The most inglorious part was probably him getting suckered and losing to Zuo Leng Chan. And Zuo got suckered and lost to Yue Bue Qun. Meaning that RWX just might have lost to YBQ as well if he met palms with that trick needle.
    Yue Buqun CHEATED with the hidden needle in his hand. So not a fair assessment.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Would Zuo Leng Chan have lost if Yue Bu Qun fought using PX swordplay right from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yue Buqun CHEATED with the hidden needle in his hand. So not a fair assessment.
    Thats my point. If he had fought RWX and used that same trick, would RWX have been similarly punked?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Thats my point. If he had fought RWX and used that same trick, would RWX have been similarly punked?
    The problem is ZLC TOTALLY underestimated YBQ. He didn't even have a chance to "do his best". RWX looks like one that'll do something like tat as well.

Important note: ZLC was suckered into using a fake PXJF that was riddled with flaws, while YBQ was using the real one, so with every single move they exchanged at that time, ZLC was at a huge disadvantage, and only his high level of skill saved him until he was blinded.

That wouldn't be the case with RWX.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    I think the time has come for us to accept the fact that DFBB is indeed THAT POWERFUL.

That he can take on QYF, HYS, HQG and YD in a 1 VS 4 handicap match and come out the winner...

It's not that RWX is weak... it's just that DFBB is just THAT DAMN STRONG.
    NEVER. I am going to hide in my blessed ignorance. DG9J completely throw comparisons off between trilogy and SPW. Every other feet in SPW demonstrates trilogy level, blinding people with 0 internal energy, near 0 physical strength is Sweeper monk BS.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Yeah but can ppl in SPW jump across the ocean, resurrect the dead, set a timer to freezer blood not immediately but only after 7 days?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yeah but can ppl in SPW jump across the ocean, resurrect the dead, set a timer to freezer blood not immediately but only after 7 days?
    actually, Ping 1 Finger did ressurrect one of the peach fairies

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    actually, Ping 1 Finger did ressurrect one of the peach fairies
    And write on wood, and put footprints on ground, and have invisible qi controlling musical technique, and eunuch inspired divine martial arts ...
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

put footprints on ground
    As Athena alluded to, numerous people in HSDS were capable of this.

The other feats show that SPW and other novels are roughly banjin baliang; each has its own quirks.

But I do have to hand it to Yue Buqun of SPW, for his TOETTA: Transmission Of (internal) Energy Through The Air without physical contact. This is a feat that I'm sure no other individual from Jin Yong universe has had the honor of reproducing.

jumping across the ocean was reproduced by a low level fighter, Rong Cai, from SSWRB.

You can also add the letters, 'BAH', for 'Behind A Wall', to YBQ's feat...
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

didn't you guys watch the legend of the brown sugar chivalries? basically the main villain is dfbb so i would say it is probably the strongest of all jin yong characters with sweeper monk.

link to series
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rduMOMhp5w

I don't think XAJH people are that strong compared to the condor trilogy/DGSD. I think the thing is that even though individual characters are really strong in XAJH, they are only strong within their context. In my opinion, DFBB is at most as strong as a great. The only thing he has going for him/it is that he attacks quickly using needles.

usually, I see the Shaolin FZ's as somewhere below a greats level. since RWX kinda tied/lost to the XAJH's FZ, I don't think RWX is that strong.

you can say that YBQ doing that internal transmission looks wonderful, but you can't say no one else can do it because you don't know if anyone else can do it or not.

i still think the xajh are equals to the condor heroes/dmgsd characters, here r some reasons:

1. the 9 recluse stance is able to defeat all techniques since its so fast and complex. especially if the person using it is fong chi yang, he doesn't care about people so he'll go for the kill, but ling hu chong who has it also also learned that sacred scroll from shaolin that xiao feng learned as well which boost up your internal skills dramatically.

also You Tanzhi(masked guy in demi god) learned it as well and he was a nobody n became strong or equal to Ding Chunqiu who alot of people feared. then Jiu Mozhi learned it and i remember his internal energy was equal to xiao feng or stronger but due to him learned different internal energies it misfired causing duan yi to take his energy.

if if ling hu chong was to fight the greats he can just do his 9 recluse sword stance at same time he will be absorbing their energy like he did to that wudang leader.

so ren wu xing who has the absorbing technique would make him strong since he can absorb like dragon palm or other type of energy projectiles like he did to the shaolin leader, but due to him having 1000 palms, it was useless since it was just palms, but if guo jing or something was to due dragon palm he would be able to absorb it easily boosting his energy. also his fighting skills is among the best in the state of divinity series along with his swords style could be rank top 4 along with the 9 recluse, lotus sword stance, taichi sword.

2.dong fong bu bai was so powerful, they beat him because he really didn't care much n his lover was attacked. other then that the 9 recluse, and absorbing technique didn't phase him much since the lotus stance could be used as swordstyle as well, but it gives you huge amount of energy boost considering lin ping zhi who wasn't great learned it and was able to easily defeat ching chung leader who was powerful.

since dfbb had like 40 years or so in energy and martial arts history of course he'll be so powerful after cultivating that much energy into the lotus stance. also lotus stance had that phoenix reborn stance where if your nearlife death your vital parts will be protected and make you go into a false death. and remember his needles are so fast that rwx couldn't just use his chi to deflect them but had to redirect them by absorbing it so i sorta doubt one of the greats would be able to do that.

if you notice in condor heroes trilogy, when someone throws some type of weapon they would dodge it or hit it away, we never seen them use their chi to deflect the weapons.

the only time we seen this is in the new condor heroes 2008 with hu ge n ariel, at the beggers meet, all those beggers threw their staff at guo jing and he used his dragon palm to make em stop them deflected them, also ou yang kei did same thing in the battlefield when attacked by the mongolians going to jin.

also ou yang fong in 2008 deflected i think it was a dagger that huang rong thrown at him that was targeted to hit hong qigong that ou yang kei thrown by using his toad stance but that toke a while considering the distance he had to do the toad stance, so other then that the condor hero people would have to literally use their projectile moves to deflect dfbb needles rather then their chi when it hits their body, but we know from knowledge that dfbb is also moves fast as well as throws alot of needle which would be hard to shoot all at once from different directions.

i think thats probably why i like state of divinity more is because the main villains lost due to some technicality, dfbb to protect lover, yue bu quin was being absorbed by linhu chongs technique then stabbed, zhu leng chan blinded, not sure from the novel but in 95 he was killed by linghu chong, in 2000 with richie ren he got acid, not sure about the li ya peng version or 80s version or novel how he died. Ren wu xing not really sure other but in 95 he died exhausting too much energy, in richie ren he got stabbed in face then destroyed the building, in 2000 with steven ma jing tong n fann wong he exhausted his power as well then yue bu quin shot a energy slash at him which killed him.

but all in all i think the state of divinity people is on par with condor heroes trilogy etc in terms of fighting style, and internal energy. it would all depend on battle of wits.

in version 3, i think YTZ's thing that he learned was changed to some yoga thing, not YJJ.

RWX's star sucking skill is a watered down version of BMSG and HGDF. it might be able to absorb FZ's attack, but there's no way it can absorb Dragon palms as easily. 1. dragon palms is a much stronger attack. 2. the people who use it are usually stronger than Shaolin FZ's IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    in version 3, i think YTZ's thing that he learned was changed to some yoga thing, not YJJ.

RWX's star sucking skill is a watered down version of BMSG and HGDF. it might be able to absorb FZ's attack, but there's no way it can absorb Dragon palms as easily. 1. dragon palms is a much stronger attack. 2. the people who use it are usually stronger than Shaolin FZ's IMO.
    XXDF might be weaker compare to BMSG, BUT I don't think it's weaker than HGDF... There was some discussion on this b4, that XXDF could do somethings the other 2 could not.