Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Spreading the hate...

Default Spreading the hate...

I've never been much of a hater so i really don't understand why people could passionately hate something so much they would willing spread it? and seem to take joy out of spreading it?

i'm not just talking in the "i hate this actress/actor..." but also on anything else, its very evident on this forum which member hates which character and which actor/actress.

but even in our society, we have anti-gays and racism and those people feel it necessary to demonstrate their hatred by any means possible.

why then if you hate something so much why can't you just pretend it doesn't exist instead of using so much energy into hating it?

I'm sorry but i've never been the type of person who could 'hate', a general dislike would be as far as i can go.

What i really dislike are anti's...of any sort....even if i didn't like whatever it is they don't like but their attitude and inclination to spread the hate really gets on my nerves.

for instance, i've always been uncomfortable with 'gay' characters on tv but due to the amount of anti-gays out there i have learn to tolerate them.

same goes for those anti-actress/actors.

Does anyone else feel the same?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I usually don't waste my time hating because it's a waste of energy. People carry on hate because it somehow brings them pleasure to see the object of their hatred get abuse. But it only reflects on their inability to let go emotionally so in the end they suffer for it.

Personally, I don't care either way so long as it doesn't affect me. Like, transvestites freak me out. But I got nothing against them, but there might be trouble if my sister wanted to marry a transvestite.

As for racism and bigotry. I think those people just want to have a level of control on their whole world, and when something that doesn't agree with their world view pops up, they can't stand it.

Like most racist people you see, are probably perfectly ok if they never met someone outside their own ethnicity in their entire life. But because they see and deal with them on a daily basis, there's dissonance between what they want their world to be, and what it really is, and it bothers them.

Hatred is a moment of blindness. For that moment people were blinded by anger/hate. I call it a challenge to ovecome a hatred, which is also the exercise of EQ. Many times others can't talk one round and it's up to one's self to stop hating someone or something. Many times, hatred is a moment of foolishness too.

I think too much of hatred roaming around. It's time to reduce it by not contributing to the spread.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i usually ignore it but it doesn't seem to go away, i was on another forum, imdb, the amount of hate on there is just so over the top. every single forum had a load of people who just come there to spread the hate.

i see it here too. i don't want to name names but i really don't see how their kind of hate can be personal? so they're hate is just weird.

as for personal hate, like if say someone killed someone you love then its understandable, but these type of people don't spread their hatred.

i find that personal hate don't spread its more of the people who just have no reason to hate that likes to spread it.

They want the hated to be condemned. Not just by themselves, but by everyone else, so there will be the feeling of deep satisfaction, part of which came from the sadistic delight that the hated is "getting what they deserved".
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Hatred and discrimination swing both ways. Like you said, there are some who hates an actor/actress, blacks, gays/les etc. But there are also some who hate whites, Christians, conservatives, pretty people, the rich, the successful, the "privileged" etc. Sometimes people grow out of it, sometimes not. This forum is filled with minors who have a whole life ahead to grow.

On more general terms:
    The "underprivileged" is an artificial term defined by shifting social trends. There is no true open-mindedness, only political correctness.

Discerning right from wrong is a virtue, but it is different from indulgence in self-righteous. There are many who spend time demonizing the "haters" they have "round up" for their own purposes. It is indeed good feeling knowing you are not "one of them unenlightened low lives who hate", isn't it? But how much love does that mentality breed? These enlightened ones are "too civilized" to gun those low lives down, but in their mind, they already did.

Of course, there is vast difference between people who physically kill and those who mentally kill. But we are not speaking about the legal system here, we are talking about something higher, much higher, of invisible things that can feed or destroy the soul. And the invisible cannot be fixed by the visible.

Social reforms, however well meaning, can only affect surface behavior. They will never be able to sway fundamental human nature. Hence reforms always sink into the same cycle: shake up current system, things seem better for a while, then humans adapt and find novel ways to abuse the new system. Even the best reform that initially solved some problems will eventually become a new problem itself.
    Last edited by expression; 09-20-09 at 12:29 PM.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I never udnerstood why people hate others, no matter who the "others" are. If we could actually figure out why people hate others, many of the world's problems could be solved. Though if I had to make a guess about why people hate - I'd say it's a combination of ignorance and fear.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Why you gotta hate on the hate?

I dunno...
    I think hate is a rather complex thing. Reducing it to a combination of "ignorance and fear" might be applicable in case of those sentiments aimed against a whole group - though I wouldn't oversimplify even in these cases of xeno/homo/you-name-it-phobia.

I can relate to feelings of extreme dislike - hatred even - because I've experienced them.
    But they're about as easy to explain as love.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

i think one of my problems is i've never expericence extreme dislike or hatred or even love, a great admiration or liking is the most i've ever experience.

is hate then like love is bound by how deeply we feel for things?

i don't think i spend time "demonizing" the haters, its just after a while of the same type of hateful poison being spread it gets really annoying and i start wondering why people won't let it go.

i understand people are privy to their own feelings but its hard to understand what drives that hate when the object of their hate is oblivious to them and very likely has not contact with them what so ever.

i know my father hates gays, because he was once 'courted' by a gay guy and it really bugged him, but those who have absolutely no contact with the gays, how can they hate something they don't know? is it the unknown that they hate? wouldn't that amount just to fear of the unknown though?

even religion, why does one religion hate the other while there is nothing between them to really hate?

we can all live mutually exclusive off each other, so why the hate still exist? if you don't like them just don't keep contact with them, isn't that much easier then trying to bring them down?

maybe i'm just to unemotional to understand this feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Why you gotta hate on the hate?
    A little hate is good for one's health, I think.

I would question the sanity of anybody who did not have at least some hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I've never been much of a hater so i really don't understand why people could passionately hate something so much they would willing spread it? and seem to take joy out of spreading it?

i'm not just talking in the "i hate this actress/actor..." but also on anything else, its very evident on this forum which member hates which character and which actor/actress.
    I may dislike actor/actress because I dislike the way they act but never hate them unless they done something wrong just like Gallen Lo did to BebeReen and her sister/friend.

Does anyone else feel the same?
    I am neutral to gay/lesbian. Neither dislike nor like them.
    As for hate, I hate criminals and their supporters (both individuals and institutions).

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I may dislike actor/actress because I dislike the way they act but never hate them unless they done something wrong just like Gallen Lo did to BebeReen and her sister/friend.
    Haha. Is that all it takes for you to hate someone? You are one scary dude. Single minded and black-and-white, as always.

1-Even if the event transpired as that poster posted, it didn’t even happen to you.

2-Stars are curt toward their fans frequently. The stars that you like now most likely have done similar things to brush off unwanted attention. You just haven’t heard about it. What? If someone on the net posts a story about one of your favorites, you gonna start hating her?

3-As numerous posters have explained, although Gallen and his people may have been rude, it was understandable and not that bad an action. But, trying to get you and the other poster to see the other perspective is not possible. I guess that makes us the idiots, continuing to bother to explain.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Fear leads to hatred. Ignorance spreads hatred.

EDIT: damn someone beat me to it
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    A little hate is good for one's health, I think. I would question the sanity of anybody who did not have at least some hatred.
    Agreed.

Some people and some things should be hated. When I hate, it's not out of fear or blindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    A little hate is good for one's health, I think.

I would question the sanity of anybody who did not have at least some hatred.
    Agreed 2.

Hate the behavior = know your principles.
    Hate the person = poisonous.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

you questioning my sanity then?

as i can truthfully say, i've never hated anybody.

I extreamly dislike and feel disgusted by pedo's and criminals of different sorts but i cant hate smeone i've never met and i haven't met anyone hateful yet.

No, the confusion arise from mixing hating people vs. hating behavior. As some say, hating a person often shows immaturity while others observed that hating certain behavior (like murder) actually shows you have some principles.