Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Spreading the hate...

meh. hate is a strong word, and i hate a lot of ppl
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

This will also spread hate:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dirtrag.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23079&stc=1&d=12101140 53')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.djmonkeyboy.com/clothing/haterade-2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.djmonkeyboy.com/clothing/haterade-1.jpg')

So delicious! I drink a big cup of it every morning for breakfast and always have a jug handy when I'm watching wuxia series or posting at SPCNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    In some cases, it's personal.

Very deeply personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi
    Personally, I don't care...
    Great sequence of posts.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    A little hate is good for one's health, I think.

I would question the sanity of anybody who did not have at least some hatred.
    No, having hatred is never good for health.

What's good for health is letting go of the hatred.

*important: It's 'letting go', not suppressing and pretending it doesn't exist.

It's normal for a human being to have anger and hatred, but, not good to keep this feeling inside you for years over the same issue.

You can shout it out, hit some sandbag, just let it off, then don't go and mull over it anymore.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I concur! A little hatred can add up to alot as time passes. Hatred is the drive for someone into the path of evilness.

And, spreading the hate is as evil as farting in a concealed room where air can barely escape.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Anger and hatred give a sort of...power that one normally does not have.

Normally, one is so paralyzed by fear that one is afraid to act.

Under the spell of anger and hatred, however, fear dissipates (or is projected onto others)...it gives power and strength that is usually not accessible.

You know what I mean:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://c2.api.ning.com/files/V3d3OCp3A2MLbERwMVCTpLUirpi6pecwnuV-MdnaqlL15nGjQhQIY5V1GugVbU0QnwZ4WFLwclbRmJXHlqTwn4 AOcIhl5XEK/EmperorPalpatine.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.webthrowdown.com/throwdowns/anakin-skywalker-437-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://troglopundit.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/evil-anakin.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sfsignal.com/mt-static/images/darthVader.jpg')

...... and in exchange, you live in misery for the rest of your lives.

The end.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Anger and hatred also make you do stupid stuff you regret later.

You know those temporary insanity murder cases? Yeah, those murderers were so filled with power and strength at the moment that they weren't afraid of the consequences of their action at all, and thus commit the unthinkable and most probably spend a lifetime carrying the feeling of guilt and regret in them.

If power is what you seek, then maybe yes. But take note that Darth Vader didn't exactly enjoy his life as a bad guy that is filled with hate. We all know how he felt about giving in to his anger and hate when it comes to Padme.

Hate takes a lot of energy too and it uglifies you. If you enjoy hate it's best to take kidd's advice of seeking some professional help.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Anger and hatred also make you do stupid stuff you regret later.

You know those temporary insanity murder cases? Yeah, those murderers were so filled with power and strength at the moment that they weren't afraid of the consequences of their action at all, and thus commit the unthinkable and most probably spend a lifetime carrying the feeling of guilt and regret in them.
    I *do* guilt-trip often between anger outbursts.

It's been a recurring pattern for much of my life...but more intensely during the past two years than before. It's a cycle of rage...guilt...rage...guilt...rage...guilt...rage. ..guilt.

Next, you're going to tell me to break the cycle. If I had the slightest clue about how to do that, I'd have done it ages ago.

I *do* guilt-trip often between anger outbursts.

It's been a recurring pattern for much of my life...but more intensely during the past two years than before. It's a cycle of rage...guilt...rage...guilt...rage...guilt...rage. ..guilt.

Next, you're going to tell me to break the cycle. If I had the slightest clue about how to do that, I'd have done it ages ago.
    Inhale... and exhale. Deeply. Then look at the beautiful skies and think of beautiful things. Take a walk and get busy with your Gundam fanfic plotting.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Inhale... and exhale. Deeply. Then look at the beautiful skies and think of beautiful things. Take a walk and get busy with your Gundam fanfic plotting.
    The thing that has bothered me so many years...the target of my rage...the thing I can't be happy with until I see it destroyed, defiled, and discarded...isn't a person or a physical thing. It's a CONCEPT...an idea...a principle...an abstraction.

I want to destroy it, but I can't because it isn't physical.

If only I can destroy this idea, I might be free of this, but I don't know how. I've always believed the way was to have as many people see the concept the way I see it and hate it as much as I do, but that's proven almost impossible to achieve.

- Psychotherapy, Counselling
    - Anger management class
    - EFT
    - Climb up the mountain and shout it out
    - Go to gym and punch at the sandbag
    - Do something different to break the monotony of your daily life

Even if you have a clue ages ago, you wouldn't have done it. You will give yourself a lot of excuses not to do it. Remember what you told me when I sent you info about EFT? You said it's unwuxia to solve your problem that way.

Breaking a cycle and changing one's perspective on things is scary because it will seem like losing your sense of self and identity (that you most probably take pride in). You are going into unsafe territory you are unfamiliar with.

If only I can destroy this idea, I might be free of this, but I don't know how. I've always believed the way was to have as many people see the concept the way I see it and hate it as much as I do, but that's proven almost impossible to achieve.
    That's not destroying the idea or being free of it. That's just making you feel better having people hate the same thing as you do to justify/validate your hate. That's feeding your hate, not destroying it. You are the only one who can free yourself from something not others. You want to free yourself of something, you yourself have to change, not other people changing to accommodate you.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-23-10 at 02:31 AM.

-
    Breaking a cycle and changing one's perspective on things is scary because it will seem like losing your sense of self and identity (that you most probably take pride in).
    I know. I have the biggest ego in the history of all humanity (see?). I take that whole Frank Sinatra thing to extremes (i.e. "I did it myyyyyy....waaaaay!")

I know. I have the biggest ego in the history of all humanity (see?). I take that whole Frank Sinatra thing to extremes (i.e. "I did it myyyyyy....waaaaay!")
    Well, the key to being happy in 'I did it myyy... waaaay!' is not be bothered my what others think of you. But, that's really really really hard because human crave approval. I want to be able to do it too, but couldn't either, especially when everyone around you want you to do it their way.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-23-10 at 02:45 AM.

Well, the key to being happy in 'I did it myyy... waaaay!' is not not be bothered my what others think of you. But, that's really really really hard because human crave approval. I want to be able to do it too, but couldn't either, especially when everyone around you want you to do it their way.
    This is the problem right here: I want to to it "myyyy...waaaay," but I want the entire world to think that it's supercool too.

And therein lies the problem: I can't necessarily always do both at the same time. In fact, *most* of the time, I can't do both at the same time. Hell, most of the time, it's hard enough getting even one of them right, let alone both simultaneously.

And maybe what I hate about...uh, a certain wuxia character (or a whole set of them) is that they ALWAYS get to do BOTH...at the same time.

So kidd, just tell me honestly that I'm not alone and most other people in the real world have this same problem not because there's something wrong with them, but because...well, that's life on Earth-Reality?

So kidd, just tell me honestly that I'm not alone and most other people in the real world have this same problem not because there's something wrong with them, but because...well, that's life on Earth-Reality?
    Well, I haven't read or done any statistics on how most other people in the real world think. But, I can safely say that you are not alone.

Well, I haven't read or done any statistics on how most other people in the real world think. But, I can safely say that you are not alone.
    OK...I'm not alone...but is my company weird freaks that everybody else hates, or just normal people with normal problems?

OK...I'm not alone...but is my company weird freaks that everybody else hates, or just normal people with normal problems?
    I guess it's normal people with normal problems since I don't think you are a weird freak that everybody else hates.