Thread: Lunch Queen

Default Lunch Queen

Has anyone ever watched this series titled Lunch no Joo aka Lunch Queen that was aired on Fuji TV in 2002?

Eeyore recommended it to me, and i had just finished watching.

This series revolve around Natsumi Mugita played by the cute Yuko Takeuchi, who is a waitress who loved lunch. One day, she was bribed with a omurice to act as a fiancée of a stranger, in order to let him back to a family that runs a japanese-western style restaurant.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tv5txSkxgj...kotakeuchi.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04tEIXOi4QU

The ensuing drama surrounding Natsumi and now "future-in-laws" and their struggle for love and good food makes this a great funny drama.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I watched this last year or earlier this year. I liked it a lot. The ending is unclear with whom the main heroine ends up with. It's an all round good drama. I started making my own omurice, without the special demi glace sauce.

I think that she ended up with the 2nd son- there are clear hints that she would have accepted his proposal earlier.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I think that she ended up with the 2nd son- there are clear hints that she would have accepted his proposal earlier.

Han SOlo
    For some reason I feel torn between the 2nd son and the other one that gave her the surprise kiss.

It had some great laugh out loud moments that made it a quick watch.

ARe you on your one week break again? I'm surprise to see a doc having time to watch Japanese dramas.

woah that was quick! you finished watching them already? but then, it's a good drama, especially the food

I also trying to make my own omurice when I finished watching this drama. The guy that play Natsumi's ex-bf is member of my fave j-pop boyband, Morita Go from V6. I didn't recognise him before, but he only have image of bad boy, the real person is sooo different, he's even afraid of chucks/birds and monkeys lol... sorry OT.

I prefer her end up with the 3rd son though, hehehehehheee... but I didn't really got a clear impression who she's end up with, but put aside, their omurice look really nice, especially the one that using 3 eggs plus demi-glaze sauce.

Are you looking for another recommendation? food-related? I'm really surprise you can spare so much time to watch dorama.. hehehehhee...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I had always been someone who will try to watch a series from start to finish asap -part of my addictive personality. Therefore, I watched the series up till late late night -causing me to miss a research proposal.

Did I made it up?

I thought natsumi told the second son that she was on the verge of accepting his proposal when the eldest son returned.

Next up for me will probably be another old fashioned Japanese drama- please god give me more time ( or something like that)

Han Solo
    Last edited by Han Solo; 09-23-09 at 10:54 PM.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

anyone have any omurice recipe?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    anyone have any omurice recipe?
    Here's a recipe with pictures: http://mykoreankitchen.com/2007/04/3...-rice-omurice/

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I had always been someone who will try to watch a seriesfrom start to finish asap -part of my addictive personality. Therefore, I watched the series up till late late night -causing me to miss a research proposal.

Did I made it up?

I thought natsumi told the second son that she was on the verge of accepting his proposal when the eldest son returned.

Next up for me will probably be another old fashioned Japanese drama- please god give me more time ( or something like that)

Han Solo
    One of the series that really makes me forget my sleeps was Change, Kimura Takuya as Japan PM. It was really good! I'm sure you going to enjoy it. It's got a conclusive and nice ending too.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.