Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
When Heaven Burns 《天與地》 - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 306

Thread: When Heaven Burns 《天與地》

  1. #81
    Senior Member sehseh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I notice that Bowman called Angus Mr.Sito when Angus was eating in Bowman's restaurant. Do you guys think it's a scripting error or Angus purposely hide his real name from Bowman? Angus's surname is Sung.
    I think he purposely lied, just in case Bowman mentioned him to Yan, which he did.

    I was LOL-ing when Yan advised Drummer to choose a better cologne for himself last night.

    click to show/hide spoilers
    Drummer was so nervous abt the smell on himself, he sprayed air freshener like cologne. Hahaha.

    Without realizing, they are like semi dating. Drummer fetching Yan after work, and Yan feeling disappointed when he didn't show up.

  2. #82
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    I think he purposely lied, just in case Bowman mentioned him to Yan, which he did.
    When did he mentioned Angus to Yan? I couldn't recall when.

    Yan joked that
    click to show/hide spoilers
    was it because Angus thought she's fat that he dumped her last time? This means that it was Angus who initiated the break up. I wonder what happen to make him initiated the break up when he loved Yan so much.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  3. #83
    Senior Member sehseh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    When did he mentioned Angus to Yan? I couldn't recall when.

    Yan joked that
    click to show/hide spoilers
    was it because Angus thought she's fat that he dumped her last time? This means that it was Angus who initiated the break up. I wonder what happen to make him initiated the break up when he loved Yan so much.
    When Angus was talking to Bowman in the restaurant (or rather Angus snooping updates abt Yan), Bowman mentioned that he often improvise his menu upon Angus suggestion and let Yan try first, which she likes very much. She even asked Bowman to introduce 'Mr Szeto' to her. Means that Angus knew Yan taste very well.

    click to show/hide spoilers
    Maybe it's break up due to petty argument. During the costume fitting interview, Charmaine/Moses mentioned that Yan broke up with Angus because he was too obsessed with music.

    Evidently, Angus regretted it but it's too late because Ka Ming came into the picture fairly fast afterward (Angus told Emma that Yan dated Ka Ming soon after their breakup).


    It's a recurring joke that young Yan is plump... but I didn't see wor.... LOL
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-01-11 at 10:20 PM.

  4. #84
    Senior Member sehseh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Ronnie have a very determined mind. Somehow, I feel a little eerie in episode 9 last night

    click to show/hide spoilers
    When he decided to cook closing his eyes. His calmness and precision scares me.


    The young cast goofing around for their upcoming magazine interview



    In the last pic, they mimic WHB poster, with addition of Ka Ming. Kekeke...
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-02-11 at 02:27 AM.

  5. #85
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Ronnie have a very determined mind. Somehow, I feel a little eerie in episode 9 last night

    click to show/hide spoilers
    When he decided to cook closing his eyes. His calmness and precision scares me.
    I like this scene too. It not only shows Ronnie has a determine mind, but, also a very sharp mind, a mind that can calculate and estimate to great precision. It shows that he's a very 'sai sam' person. I agree that his calmness can scare a person because of the power it display. No wonder he did so well in his job until he can retire early.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-02-11 at 08:56 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  6. #86
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    The young cast goofing around for their upcoming magazine interview

    In the last pic, they mimic WHB poster, with addition of Ka Ming. Kekeke...
    Ka Ming should stand in Maggie's place since Maggie is missing. Then, it will be perfectly mimic the poster.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  7. #87
    Senior Member sufan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    717

    Default

    This is an intersting series...a lot of people though can't embrace the idea of cannibilam...its horrid..but for some reason I find the storyline very different...

    I think this is going to be a sad series though..

    I like the ending song that the 3 male charactyers sing..it really matches the storyline...and they actually do a good job singing it...

    btw i've been trying to click on spoilers but for some reason cannot does anyone know why?

  8. #88
    Senior Member sehseh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sufan View Post
    btw i've been trying to click on spoilers but for some reason cannot does anyone know why?
    It's a system glitch in the forum. Just click 'reply with quote and you'll see the spoiler box content.

  9. #89
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    I wonder if it's the intention of the scriptwriters to speak up for Union workers. In episode 9, the series show us how thankless Drummer's job is as a union worker fighting for the workers' benefit. The union workers ended up being blamed by the very people they tried to help. Union workers like Drummer and Uncle Chuen give their whole life to the union and it ends up causing them their family. But, the scriptwriters are also very fair. They also present the situation from the companies' and employers' POV. It's pretty sad.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Does anyone have any feelings that this series is trying to be artistic in some ways?


    I like the series so far and it moderatly grabs my attention, but I can't seem to relate to any of the characters.


    Just my 2 cents

    QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

  11. #91
    Senior Member sehseh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Trivia: The raining scene / Charmaine-Stanley time crossing was actually suggested by Catherine Tsang


  12. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    I guess they are matching the mood of the series?

    But it also depend on personal preference. I've been wearing black before (mostly not so superstitious friends weddings), but I will ask first if their parents or in-laws are superstitious. Black looks good on everyone and easy to buy.

    Spoof banquet menu from hkgolden forum. How come I don't find it funny?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I find that menu extremely funny :3

  13. #93
    Senior Member smurf120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    Does anyone have any feelings that this series is trying to be artistic in some ways?


    I like the series so far and it moderatly grabs my attention, but I can't seem to relate to any of the characters.


    Just my 2 cents

    QF
    Apart from the idea that their 1993-1995 was the time I was a teenager, this series mirrors my life in that several of my very good friends are from the period when I was a teenager. As adults many of us do not have anything in common as we are all in different stages of family (single, married, kids, divorce), different careers, some even went to different schools, but yet we are still very close friends.

    We can goof-off (i.e. folding paper planes to throw around a ballroom) like when we were younger, be critical of each other, and be incredibly supportive.

    I find very few relationships developed as "full adults" can be all of the above at once.

  14. #94
    Senior Member sufan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    717

    Default

    I must have missed it -- can anyone tell me how come ronnie (the character with 2 children) lost his memory? he moved to canada after the incident and just returned to hongkong when the series starts?

  15. #95
    Senior Member christinatran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Is the serie any good?

  16. #96
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sufan View Post
    I must have missed it -- can anyone tell me how come ronnie (the character with 2 children) lost his memory? he moved to canada after the incident and just returned to hongkong when the series starts?
    He was very sick while trapped in the snow mountain 17 years back. After he was rescued, he lost his memory of the incident. Yeah, he already lost his memory when the series starts.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  17. #97
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Apart from the idea that their 1993-1995 was the time I was a teenager, this series mirrors my life in that several of my very good friends are from the period when I was a teenager. As adults many of us do not have anything in common as we are all in different stages of family (single, married, kids, divorce), different careers, some even went to different schools, but yet we are still very close friends.

    We can goof-off (i.e. folding paper planes to throw around a ballroom) like when we were younger, be critical of each other, and be incredibly supportive.

    I find very few relationships developed as "full adults" can be all of the above at once.
    This is very true. My school mates still goof off and act like children during reunion. Although seldom meet, there will still be a closeness there.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  18. #98
    Senior Member sehseh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,562

    Default




    Interview of the younger cast. They also recorded The Green Room interview today, Though it will be pretty short (5 person in 25 mins interview), it's good opportunity since newbies are hardly invited on The Green Room, mainly leading cast.


  19. #99
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    They look so different with neat short hair, especially young Angus and young drummer.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  20. #100
    Senior Member sehseh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Bowie Lam kick @ss.

    click to show/hide spoilers
    The hint of murderous look in his eyes when Angus warned him to stop pursuing Yan, and breaking the guitar in rage... Bowie is really good as the emotionally repressed Drummer.

    Actually, Drummer has moved on with his life while Gina wants to reconcile. Interesting....

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-09-10, 04:33 PM
  2. Last One Standing 《與敵同行》
    By triumph2004 in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 10-26-09, 09:29 AM
  3. Cold Blood Warm Heart 《天地男兒》
    By apokalypse in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-19-09, 11:56 AM
  4. Secret of the Heart 《天地豪情》
    By cherrie in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-18-07, 11:59 PM
  5. Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre 2000 《倚天屠龍記》
    By boss_tweed in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-25-06, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •