Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: When Heaven Burns 《天與地》

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    What does the heart shape (created by the red lens) on Ronnie book means?
    I also wonder. Maybe it's just a nice shape the director/cameraman want to show and doesn't mean anything.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Kelvin Leung (young Ronnie) look so much like Sammul Chan in this scene.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8365&d=1324806551')
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kidd; 12-25-11 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    Yan's father is an idiot. I think that Drummer is trying to harm him on purpose. But why?? I think Angus is gonna make a comeback to stop Drummer.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Her father is a greedy idiot. At first, Drummer just want him to stop gambling, but Ben went behind his back and allowed her father to continue buying the shares, despite the heavy debt. But after he learn about Angus secretly helping Yan father, he may want to sabotage him. Remember the incident about the soy sauce factory owner? Just another casualty between Drummer and Angus.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Want to ask about Ben (KK).
    Jessica said he betrayed Angus. But, what did he do? I only see the part he hit Angus in a boxing match i.e. he decide to not follow Angus anymore and turn to follow Brenda. But, what act of betrayal did he commit? Die he scheme behind Angus or anything?
    Yeah they didn't elaborate this part either but I guess it's revealing Angus past and maybe, the so-called henchmen for Brenda? (she threatened to kill Yan)

I also suddenly thought of this. After she stabbed Angus, she went home and washed her hands profusely. I wonder if at that moment, she was able to feel what the 3 felt 18 years ago and this has many made her understand them more and feel a certain empathy for them?
    I think so too. Also, she blamed herself for causing Ka Ming death by introducing them to the trio. That's why she hated Ka Ming recorded thank you message in the toy.

She did fix the toy though. And the part where she listen to the fanletter from another listener with the same name, it reflects her personality change. She become distrustful, critical and put her own desire above others.

About Cloris
    I watch the part where Gina smell Drummer's shirt and saw Drummer and Cloris have sex in her mind's eye. Is it her imagination or is it the truth?

I think so too. Also, she blamed herself for causing Ka Ming death by introducing them to the trio. That's why she hated Ka Ming recorded thank you message in the toy.

She did fix the toy though. And the part where she listen to the fanletter from another listener with the same name, it reflects her personality change. She become distrustful, critical and put her own desire above others.
    Yeah, I also see that she has now lack of trust for other people. It's a natural reaction from the lies she gets from her closest friends. As for her putting her own desire above others, is it about her sleeping with Bowman even though she doesn't have plans to get back with him? She's just using Bowman to sooth her loneliness?

I'm finally caught up to episode 24! the series really moved along after ep 14 (well relative to its former pace). so many thoughts about the series - I'll post after more people are caught up.

About Cloris
    I watch the part where Gina smell Drummer's shirt and saw Drummer and Cloris have sex in her mind's eye. Is it her imagination or is it the truth?
    That was a good trick by the director. We were led to think it didn't happened, just Gina imagination, then it shows her reading the sms message and it became more clear that it is indeed true.

Yeah, I also see that she has now lack of trust for other people. It's a natural reaction from the lies she gets from her closest friends. As for her putting her own desire above others, is it about her sleeping with Bowman even though she doesn't have plans to get back with him? She's just using Bowman to sooth her loneliness?
    Yes, it was just on a whim.

She originally doesn't want Bowman back, she was harsh to him telling that she just used him for sex. But after she heard from Bowman current (ex)girlfriend, she changed her mind again. Not sure whether it's because she sincerely want to reconcile with him, or just don't want to give him back to the other girl.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I'm finally caught up to episode 24! the series really moved along after ep 14 (well relative to its former pace). so many thoughts about the series - I'll post after more people are caught up.
    Wished they put equal emphasis on Ronnie too, rather than just Angus vs Drummer.

And poor Jessica. Ben is another sorry character.
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-26-11 at 09:26 PM.

And poor Jessica. Ben is another sorry character.
    Too bad Jessica doesn't love Ben. I believe Ben truly loves Jessica and would have appreciated Jessica more than Angus.

I don't like Cloris. I find her very very annoying. But, I still feel sorry for her. She doesn't deserve to have her faith and trust destroyed like this.

I feel sad for Bowman, he can't escape Hazel. Didn't want to see Joe show up....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/93a22856gw1doh2qwruvwj.jpg')

When Heaven Burns is getting banned in China.... _)_)@&!_&$_@!$(@#$$ The series episode has been removed from China sites as of today. No streaming of previous episodes as well.

I'm gonna kick @ss if PPS can't stream TVB live tonight!
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-27-11 at 02:13 AM.

Which broadcasting rule does the break? The cannibalism or the political criticism?

I feel very sorry for Gina. I disliked her coldness when she first appeared but gradually, you see her love for her husband. She sacrificed everything for the relationship all these years yet Drummer/Joe still cares more about himself than herself. I think Joe's indifference is more hurtful towards her than his betrayal. She is but a tool to him to further his career or to relive his past memories. Yet she is unable to retaliate due to guilt.

I actually am surprised by how much Ben loves Jessica. He actually is worried about her happiness and future rather than just being attracted to her appearance. Maybe one of the themes in this series is how people chose to be infactuated with someone who does not love them and ignore one who loves them and stands by their side all the way.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Which broadcasting rule does the break? The cannibalism or the political criticism?
    Could be the promiscuity factor. WHB does have a lot of extra-marital affairs and sleeping around which the Chinese government does not approve of.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I feel Yan is a very lucky woman. All the men she has been with truly love her and care for her. Angus, Ka Ming, Bowman, Arthur. They all loves her very much.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Could be the promiscuity factor. WHB does have a lot of extra-marital affairs and sleeping around which the Chinese government does not approve of.
    I suspect it was more of the political criticsm. No sense banning the series when it's already the final week (while the sleeping around was in the early/mid of series)

Last night, the episode was showing the newly elected senator making corrupted remarks. The speech by Bowie in previous episode, about politics may also contribute to the ban.

Added:

Yup, it's political

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/652c11a8jw1doh44cxs1gj.jpg')

p.s. Sohu site has also taken down any WHB related clip and links.
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-27-11 at 03:25 AM.

The Green Room interview with the young cast:

Yeung Chiu Hoi, Kelvin Leung, Angel Chiang, Stanley Cheung, Moon Law

http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/68707540-2534533994.html

I like Yeung Chiu Hoi, quite eloquent. He won acting award before, if not mistaken.

I suspect it was more of the political criticsm. No sense banning the series when it's already the final week (while the sleeping around was in the early/mid of series)

Last night, the episode was showing the newly elected senator making corrupted remarks. The speech by Bowie in previous episode, about politics may also contribute to the ban.

Added:

Yup, it's political

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/652c11a8jw1doh44cxs1gj.jpg')

p.s. Sohu site has also taken down any WHB related clip and links.
    Ok, WHB has officially become a cult series now. It will be illegally downloaded and youth and anti-establishment people will worship it.

Also, more controversial and noise for the series. At least, it will make history as the first TVb series being banned in China for the last 20 years.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-27-11 at 03:46 AM.

Where can we watch it now?

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    Where can we watch it now?
    For streaming, youtube and myTV still has it.

Live streaming, myTV Live has it but you need to have HK proxy.

For download you can visit sites like LOVEHK.ORG