Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: When Heaven Burns 《天與地》

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    The Green Room interview with the young cast:

Yeung Chiu Hoi, Kelvin Leung, Angel Chiang, Stanley Cheung, Moon Law

http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/68707540-2534533994.html

I like Yeung Chiu Hoi, quite eloquent. He won acting award before, if not mistaken.
    The video has been taken down already. China seem to want to make it look like WHB doesn't exist.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Poor poor Bowman. So hurtful words from Hazel. She shouldn't do that. A man so true is very hard to find already. He really is a nice guy.

Why does Yan's father blame Joe?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I remember Joe advised him not to play share anymore. How come now he accumulates more debt, he told Angus it's Joe's fault?

Hazel seems to think that Bowman will forever be there for her. Did she take Bowman as a reserve lover or what?
    When that ex-girlfriend confirmed that she has been with Bowman, Hazel seemed surprised and not very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Hazel seems to think that Bowman will forever be there for her. Did she take Bowman as a reserve lover or what?
    When that ex-girlfriend confirmed that she has been with Bowman, Hazel seemed surprised and not very happy.
    Yeah, I think Hazel can be as selfish as the guys in her own way.

She got mad at Bowman/the waitress AND she got mad at her work friend for Arthur. I think it is a realistic (not out of character reaction) because Hazel can't move on and expects everybody around her to be the same way.

But this is another thing that keeps this series emotionally real because no one is a saint.

Why does Yan's father blame Joe?
    I remember Joe advised him not to play share anymore. How come now he accumulates more debt, he told Angus it's Joe's fault?
    I think he was eliciting sympathy from Angus so he exaggerated.

Are we done with spoiler tags yet??

Ben gives him more investment credit and gives bad investing advice. I think they were selling naked puts resulting in almost unlimited losses. The investment firm allows the client to use "credit" to make trades.

If the client "wins", client pays back the money to firm and takes extra money - so it is like a no interest loan.

If the client "loses", the account is liquidated, and client needs to pay back loaned money with interest + net losses in the market.

Such a ponzi scheme.

I just realized that Ronnie (Kenny) is an auditor/financial advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post

She got mad at Bowman/the waitress AND she got mad at her work friend for Arthur. I think it is a realistic (not out of character reaction) because Hazel can't move on and expects everybody around her to be the same way.

But this is another thing that keeps this series emotionally real because no one is a saint.
    Maybe what you said is true. She can't move on, so expect everyone around her to be the same.

Yes, she feel betrayed because all along Bowman expressed interest in getting back with her, but actually had a new gf already. She did not expect everyone to move on - including the trio. In the ending of episode 23, there were expectation on her face when she saw Angus, Bowman & Ronnie at the pub. And her frustration when they walked past (leave her) one by one. Btw, wonderful scene, 2 mins of no dialogue but so tenseful emotion.

I think he was eliciting sympathy from Angus so he exaggerated.

Are we done with spoiler tags yet??

Ben gives him more investment credit and gives bad investing advice. I think they were selling naked puts resulting in almost unlimited losses. The investment firm allows the client to use "credit" to make trades.

If the client "wins", client pays back the money to firm and takes extra money - so it is like a no interest loan.

If the client "loses", the account is liquidated, and client needs to pay back loaned money with interest + net losses in the market.

Such a ponzi scheme.

I just realized that Ronnie (Kenny) is an auditor/financial advisor.
    Daddy Yan is such a slime ball. Wanting his dead ex-wife money, borrowing from Bowman and lying to Drummer & Angus.

Kenny is supposed to be an (former) actuary. He was hired to work as financial advisor at Brenda's firm.

Kenny is supposed to be an (former) actuary. He was hired to work as financial advisor at Brenda's firm.
    When was that? Up to episode 23, he's still not working with Brenda.

In the ending of episode 23, there were expectation on her face when she saw Angus, Bowman & Ronnie at the pub. And her frustration when they walked past (leave her) one by one. Btw, wonderful scene, 2 mins of no dialogue but so tenseful emotion.

I wonder how did she expect them to act. Act like old friends? Impossible. Continue to beg for her forgiveness? Kinda pointless.

It's kinda fascinating and very true to human nature. Hazel expects Arthur and Bowman to keep pining for her and she can keep pushing them away without the fear that they will actually leave. She wants to feel secure that they will always be there for her not matter what she does, but, she doesn't want to commit to them. Very complicated.

When was that? Up to episode 23, he's still not working with Brenda.
    Oops, sorry for spoiling. He will, later... reason why will not spoil to you

I wonder what will Ronnie do back then 18 years ago if he didn't lost his memory if the incident. Will he confess?

This post said WHB was banned because one scene got a banner saying 「徹底解體中共」. I think it mean 'totally disperse central government'. It's supposed to be a Fah Lun Gong banner.

http://forum5.hkgolden.com/view.aspx?message=3457252
    Last edited by kidd; 12-28-11 at 03:02 AM.

I wonder what will Ronnie do back then 18 years ago if he didn't lost his memory if the incident. Will he confess?
    I have some faith in Ronnie that he would... but they would be given death sentence if (he) confessed while they were still in Autonomous region (Tianshan is located at Xinjiang).
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-28-11 at 03:38 AM.

I have some faith in Ronnie that he would... but they would be given death sentence if (he) confessed while they were still in Autonomous region (Tianshan is located at Xinjiang).
    Oh, I didn't think of the region. I thought it would be at most life sentence. The more reason for Angus and Drummer to lie.
    I think if Ronnie was to confess back then, maybe Drummer and Angus can still be spared the death sentence since it's Ronnie who killed Ka Ming.

Oh, I didn't think of the region. I thought it would be at most life sentence. The more reason for Angus and Drummer to lie.
    I think if Ronnie was to confess back then, maybe Drummer and Angus can still be spared the death sentence since it's Ronnie who killed Ka Ming.
    I think that would even weigh more heavily on Angus and Drummer's conscience if he did that.

Brenda was cute in ep 25. I'm glad Yan decided to let Bowman go.

On Brenda and Joe
    Do you guys think Brenda likes Joe? When those rich ladies were badmouthing Joe, she got angry. If he's a mere employee, why would she be angry?

On Brenda and Joe
    Do you guys think Brenda likes Joe? When those rich ladies were badmouthing Joe, she got angry. If he's a mere employee, why would she be angry?
    Oh darn! I wrote my last post before finishing the episode!

it was so sad about the accident. I really liked Brenda in this episode! Yes, to answer your question, she likes Joe.

Emma's dream sequence was very well played.

Another news item:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeOuZ3uiLj0
    Last edited by smurf120; 12-28-11 at 08:23 AM.

The full ending theme is actually really good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ0PkFvtYRg

Regarding Brenda & Joe:

I feel that Brenda like Joe because they are the same kind and she finds that he truly understands her rather than George who just sucks up to her like a "sugar-mummy". I think she sees a companion in Joe rather a sexual partner, but she is not in denial in thinking that he loves her. She knows full well that Joe is just using her for the job so she uses him back for her loneliness. I am happy that Emma finally feels the need to take up responsibility again and also try and see things from her sister's POV. I really liked the sisterly bonding scenes in ep 24 & 25. Her death scene is so sad.

I am happy that Ho Sir is back. He is my favourite character. He brightens up the whole atmosphere. I would certainly not mind if Yan ended up with Ho Sir (if not Bowman) in the end at all!

Regarding Bowman & Yan:
    Though Yan is willing to let go of Bowman and let him move on, I still think Bowman would have trouble letting go of Yan as long as she keeps popping up in his life. Even when he was going out with Paula, he rushed straight to the airport to pick Yan up when she returned from Australia. I don't think he would ever stop caring about her more than a friend would, so he better find a GF with an open mind. I still hope that Yan will accept Bowman again and theyw oudl start anew but judging from the letting go theme recurring in the series, the chances are slim.

By the way, anyone see the Lau Dan & Elaine Jin interview on "The Green Room" from Boxing Day? It is very nice to hear about the concepts of filming and character development. I wonder if Kenny woudl be invited on in the last week?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly