Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: When Heaven Burns 《天與地》

Who is 771?

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    Who is 771?
    The producer Chik Kei Yi.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Gina keeps saying to Drummer's friends that she's not their friend, that they don't consider her as friend. But, from flashback, I didn't see it. At least, Yan was very friendly towards Gina. When Yan met Drummer and Gina at the staircase while bringing her radio up to the rooftop, she instinctively pull Gina's hand to go with her. When Yan thought of marrying Ka Ming, she discussed with Gina. A person won't do these things if she doesn't consider the other party a friend.

From my view, I felt that the 4 friends of Drummer did consider Gina their friend. Less close, but, still a friend. It's Gina who does not consider them as friend.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Watching episode 10. I like how Ronnie's daughter is so concern about him going out at night that she asked him to bring a torchlight and reminded him to bring his cellphone so he could call home if anything happen. But, if I were in her place, I would have insisted on going with my dad instead of letting him go alone. Why didn't she?
    I need to rewatch this part. I think she suggested to go with him but Ronnie asked her not to? Ronnie son is so spoiled leh

I feel that Emma is quite 'hang fook'.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Although Angus doesn't really love her the most, he treats her very well. They are very sweet together.
    But I feel sad for Brenda, her only sister rather believe Angus than her.

Episode 11

Why did
    Angus burn Drummer's poster?
    He is jealous at Drummer. He was more angry at Drummer more than Ronnie, because it was Drummer who persuaded him to eat Ka Ming. Also in episode 15, it revealed more of Drummer selfish personality and how he manipulated the young Angus to lie.

If you remember the scene before, Yan was defending Drummer, AND Drummer get to profess his feelings to Yan and still maintained close friendship with Yan as confidante. All these that Angus was yearning and stalking Yan for years but didn't dare to do, while Drummer, who he can see through his fakeness can do all this. He is tortured for 18 years, so Drummer do not deserve to be happier than him because he should be worse.

Happy to see Cheng Tse Sing appear in the series as the humorous detective

Lol...the Gummy bear has gone viral in FB and weibo today

Kelvin Leung weibo: The three boys eating Ka Ming

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/730cc29djw1do3obot93hj.jpg')

Stanley Cheung weibo reply: F U!! Hahaha, dying from laughter!

So a friend of mine asked me what this series is about.

My reply was " It is about 3 grown men who can't get over their teenage crush"

It sounds about right don't you think?
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    So a friend of mine asked me what this series is about.

My reply was " It is about 3 grown men who can't get over their teenage crush"

It sounds about right don't you think?
    To me that's a shallow answer for people who can't watch past 5-10 episodes, and shouldn't waste their time continue watching the series while to attempting to throw wise-cracking generalization.

The so-called crush is just one of the element in the WHB, maybe those who have been spoon fed with the usual TVB fanfare will naturally zoom in to romance, triangle relationship what not.

Well, not asking if I'm right or not.

p.s. This series is not for everyone, surely some people will find it tedious and long but the above generalization is way off the point of the series. No point belittling the series if you never have the heart to watch it seriously.
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-16-11 at 11:43 AM.

This week Mingpao... When Heaven Burns

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6482e5f1gw1do5duqupawj.jpg')

http://www.ihktv.com/mingpaoweekly-2...avenburns.html

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    To me that's a shallow answer for people who can't watch past 5-10 episodes, and shouldn't waste their time continue watching the series while to attempting to throw wise-cracking generalization.

The so-called crush is just one of the element in the WHB, maybe those who have been spoon fed with the usual TVB fanfare will naturally zoom in to romance, triangle relationship what not.

Well, not asking if I'm right or not.

p.s. This series is not for everyone, surely some people will find it tedious and long but the above generalization is way off the point of the series. No point belittling the series if you never have the heart to watch it seriously.

Saw this on Golden Forum. So funny.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/c16x2.gif')

Apple Daily news on the possibility of WHB being cut short. I hope it won't happen. It's also kind regretful that they cut short '5 Easy Pieces' which was a very good series but slow in building up the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Huv5Ul-hc

Apple Daily news on the possibility of WHB being cut short. I hope it won't happen. It's also kind regretful that they cut short '5 Easy Pieces' which was a very good series but slow in building up the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Huv5Ul-hc
    Boooo. I hope it won't happen too. If so they better release the uncut version on DVD. I love this series.

Saw this on Golden Forum. So funny.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/c16x2.gif')
    Hahaha. Ho Sir is quite quirky.

I really like Ho Sir. Glad that Timothy Cheng has been given this interesting role deviating from his usual stereotipic jerk roles.

After watching ep 18, it shows that Drummer is still the manipulator. No matter how outwardly aggressive Angus seems to be, Dummer is the one who controls the pace of the band, past present and future. He automatically schemes and lies as if by second nature whereas Angus still shows regret or hesitance at times.
    Last edited by charbydis; 12-18-11 at 08:17 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Blogger supporting WHB, fanmade lyrics...lol

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I really like Ho Sir. Glad that Timothy Cheng has been given this interesting role deviating from his usual stereotipic jerk roles.

After watching ep 18, it shows that Drummer is still the manipulator. No matter how outwardly aggressive Angus seems to be, Dummer is the one who controls the pace of the band, past present and future. He automatically schemes and lies as if by second nature whereas Angus still shows regret or hesitance at times.
    People are wondering if Ho Sir is the Boss (aka ultimate villain) because they are used to seeing Timothy Cheng in villainous role. Hahahaha... he remind me of Dayo Wong in To Catch the Uncatchable

In episode 18, his real target is Angus, not Yan. He started the conversation on why he chose to be a drummer despite knowing how to play guitar. Yes the guitarist is eye catching and gets all the limelight, but it's the drummer who control the rhythm of the band. If he plays the tempo slow, they have to go slow, if he goes fast, they have to follow. So no matter how unwilling the guitarist (Angus) is, he still have to follow the drummer's lead. Angus biggest weakness is Yan, and Drummer intentionally exaggerate the graphic details of Ka Ming death, just to provoke Yan. It's a challenge thrown by Drummer to Angus, does he dare to confess the truth to Yan, do he dare tell the details to her, do you want her to have another mental breakdown?

If it was Ronnie sitting there instead of Angus, he won't take this kind of shi.t from Drummer. Angus, is still the emotional and mentally weak Hak Zai. He knows what kind of person Drummer is, but still end up being led by the nose.

Going back 18 years ago... it revealed more of Drummer personality. He isn't a bad guy, he still have conscience. But he is also a gambler, he will take risk, finding opportunity from danger. It's funny that 18 years ago, Drummer has the least credibility (Angus, Ronnie & even Yan suspected him of stealing the money) but after 18 years, Yan trusts his words more than Angus and Ronnie.

Just finish watching episode 14. Why did Uncle Chuen
    shake his head when he heard Drummer's support % in the survey has increased? Just because his support vote has increased, Uncle Chuen suspect his speech is not sincere and is a strategy? I don't get it. Drummer was still speaking the truth in the interview. Why just because the result turn out to be unexpectedly favourable, he suspect him?

Just finish watching episode 14. Why did Uncle Chuen
    shake his head when he heard Drummer's support % in the survey has increased? Just because his support vote has increased, Uncle Chuen suspect his speech is not sincere and is a strategy? I don't get it. Drummer was still speaking the truth in the interview. Why just because the result turn out to be unexpectedly favourable, he suspect him?
    It will be explained further in episode 15. In short, Uncle Chuen knew that all these PR stunts are actually created by Bowie himself.

Interview with Jonathan Chik & Chow Yuk Ming
    http://site.douban.com/widget/notes/...ote/190717202/

潇湘晨报:三个男人好像一直在保护叶梓恩,除了愧疚是不是还有爱情?

周旭明:我觉得不是爱情。叶梓恩对他们来说就等于家明啊,家明就等于他们年轻时做人的理想。三兄弟把他们的 理想杀掉了,然后每个人都在用自己的方式记住。其实我们也一样,要赚钱啊要生活啊,每个人用不同的方法把理 想杀掉了,但我们会很怀念,希望能够保护当年的自己。叶梓恩就是他们不敢去面对却又非常怀念的 人物。

Question: The three men seems to be very protective toward Yip Zhi Yan, apart from guilt, is there any romantic love?

Chow Yuk Ming: I don't think it's love. To them, Yip Zhi Yan is equal to Ka Ming. Ka Ming to them is their dreams and life principles during youth. The three brothers killed their dream, and each person have their own way of remembering it. Actually we are the same, we need to earn money and survive, everyone used different ways to kill their dreams, but we still missed our dreams, hoping to retain a part who we used to be. Yip Zhi Yan is someone they don't dare to face but missed dearly.