Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: When Heaven Burns 《天與地》

I thought my eyes deceived me, but in episode 20, it shows that the old bandroom can be seen from Yan bedroom window!

I like the illuminated wall of Yan's bedroom, very cool.

Promo at Hard Rock Cafe (21/12/2011)

I wonder if Ronald Law specially learn to play the drum for this role or he already know how to play beforehand. I know Stanley Cheung has experience playing in a band before. What about the others? I only know Ronald has won singing contest before. But, I don't know whether he know how to play the drum or not at that time.

Ronald looks a lot better in short hair than long curly hair. Haha, I like to call him Sunny (his character's name in FH3).

That camera person must be Ronald's fan. All the time, the camera fix on him only.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-23-11 at 11:19 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I wonder if Ronald Law specially learn to play the drum for this role or he already know how to play beforehand. I know Stanley Cheung has experience playing in a band before. What about the others? I only know Ronald has won singing contest before. But, I don't know whether he know how to play the drum or not at that time.

Ronald looks a lot better in short hair than long curly hair. Haha, I like to call him Sunny (his character's name in FH3).

That camera person must be Ronald's fan. All the time, the camera fix on him only.
    Yes Moon Law learned drum for WHB. The curly hair looks good on him because he has a long, thin face, balance out the geometric as bit :P

The part when Stanley wrote the Delicious Ka Ming letter to the 'mature' cast and Bowie giving belts to their younger selves are so funny.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw600/70e120a9tw1docrxwu2k7j.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw600/70e120a9tw1docry3hvyvj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw600/70e120a9tw1docry72c5fj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw600/70e120a9tw1docrydsnebj.jpg')

This week tabloid said that Angel (Yan) & Kelvin (Ronnie) is dating. Angel immediately denied and replied to fans in the weibo. Pity, they will make a cute couple.

Angel personality is very straightforward and blunt, she has more buddies rather than girlfriends in the industry.

I was just watching the original sales presentation of WBH back in 2009 and found some interesting stuff.

Bowie's character was supposed to be called Cheung Kin Sang, which in the broadcasted version, is the name of the political opponent that smudged Drummer's name during the election campaign.

Also, Moses's character was surnamed Szeto which became an alias that Angus used to approach Bowman to know more about Yan.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Charbydis, you are right! Lol, no wonder Cheung Kin Sang sound so familiar... hehehe

p.s. Did anyone spot Chik Kei Yi (producer) in the series?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377782_10150415066117569_546527568_8759162_1428812 933_n.jpg')

He usually will appear for split seconds in his series, remember the recorded ones are Gem of Life and Ada's Fly

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    p.s. Did anyone spot Chik Kei Yi (producer) in the series?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377782_10150415066117569_546527568_8759162_1428812 933_n.jpg')

He usually will appear for split seconds in his series, remember the recorded ones are Gem of Life and Ada's Fly
    When did he appear in GOL?

BTW, does it mean that WHB's ending is going to be shown on New Year's Eve? Everyone would be out and no one would be at home to boost the ratings!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Yes Moon Law learned drum for WHB. The curly hair looks good on him because he has a long, thin face, balance out the geometric as bit :P
    He can carry the curly long hair, but, I still prefer him in short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I was just watching the original sales presentation of WBH back in 2009 and found some interesting stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JLUEBbyIgs

Bowie's character was supposed to be called Cheung Kin Sang, which in the broadcasted version, is the name of the political opponent that smudged Drummer's name during the election campaign.

Also, Moses's character was surnamed Szeto which became an alias that Angus used to approach Bowman to know more about Yan.
    The lady who supported Bowie in the political campaign, play by Kan Mung Wah, has become Charmaine's colleague in the broadcasted version.

When did he appear in GOL?

BTW, does it mean that WHB's ending is going to be shown on New Year's Eve? Everyone would be out and no one would be at home to boost the ratings!
    Can't remember clearly, only remember that he quickly drove his car past (from the screencap I saw back then)

Yes, finale will be on 1st January. The TV ratings for WHB is pretty low already, but I'm sure the online hits and downloads will continue to top the charts

Btw, TVB will be airing Let it Be Love / Four in Love on Jan 30th. It's also another series produced by Jonathan, written by Chow. Looks like TVB is eager to push out Charmaine's remaining series during low seasons. It's a romantic comedy, but again I think the duo have something up their sleeves when it comes to the execution of the storyline.

Luckily for the other older series (the psycho killer one starred by Moses & Adam Cheng) will still have chances to be aired at better slots since 1. Moses is TVB biological song, 2. The series is also quite 'heavy taste', not to be recommended to air near WHB.
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-24-11 at 06:20 AM.

Watching episode 19. Watching the scene of Yan listening to Ka Ming's recording on the birthday present. I think her feeling at that moment is guilt/self-blame and regret. If she has not introduced Ka Ming to the band, he would not have died.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-25-11 at 12:52 AM.

I remember seeing this back in 2009. Which version is beter. This seems like a completely different version. I find it hard to decide which one would have been better. If they were to release this version I think it would have had better ratings than what it is today base on the cast and not being as dark as the one today. Anyone know why this version was thrown away? It seems like it would have been approved by alot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    I remember seeing this back in 2009. Which version is beter. This seems like a completely different version. I find it hard to decide which one would have been better. If they were to release this version I think it would have had better ratings than what it is today base on the cast and not being as dark as the one today. Anyone know why this version was thrown away? It seems like it would have been approved by alot of people.
    The old version is what the management suggested/want, because revenge/corporate struggle/love triangle is the formula that sells. Jonathan & Chow were sick of filming these kind of storyline (especially after Gem of Life) and wanted to do other stuff. They only retained the cannibalism stuff and worked on another angle instead. A totally different ballgame, as quoted.

True that they were pressured for ratings, but as usual, Jonathan and Chow doesn't give much damn. They rather produce the TV series they like, rather than a fully commercial series. 'Approved by lot of people' refers to the rating contributor, no? Well, think they leave it to the 99% of other TVB series.

They might have lost ratings, but won approval from professional critics, which is very rare for HK TV scene.

p.s. Not that ratings is important. I would rather say that the series caters for a different group of people, and majority of these people are not in the sample group of ratings, and prefer to follow through online streaming like myTV and PPS, Youku etc. The online hits are very high, beating even FH3 and Curse of Royal Harem (TVB ratings topper this year)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/682b8426jw1do8r7eh26bj.jpg')

The result was on 20th Dec, so it will definitely increase more for WHB.

I too am surprised by Yan's choice in ep 19. Their friendship probabaly run deeper than either we or she really realises.
    I'm also curious of Yan's choice. What was her reason. Was it because of friendship or she wanted to deny them the chance to atone for their crime (Angus said paying for his crime will make him feel better)?

Watching episode 20. Feel bad for Uncle Chuen. I think he really cares for Drummer and seeing Drummer has turn to be like this, he must be very heart-broken. Seeing his heart broken expression, I also feel heart-broken for him.

Drummer's speech was great and really true. 一針見血.

The thing Uncle Chuen said to Gina is also very true. Very very true. Smart people can cause way more damage if he decide to do something bad.

This really is a social commentary series.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-25-11 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I'm also curious of Yan's choice. What was her reason. Was it because of friendship or she wanted to deny them the chance to atone for their crime (Angus said paying for his crime will make him feel better)?
    Personally I feel that she really wanted to obtain justice for Ka Ming when the policeman (recently, I started watching Detective Investigations VI and saw him acting as a doctor and he looks really young!!) came to tell Yan they found his body. After she injured Angus, she left. You could see the hatred in her when she stabbed Angus. There was no hesitation at all. I got so freaked out because she look as if she was out to KILL. During the period when she left, I believed she had a long struggle... maybe she thought about Ronnie's family... Drummer's wife etc. Everybody have their own life and if she was to choose to obtain justice for Ka Ming, not only the 3 killers will be affected but also their innocent family members. Also, I believe the stab that she gave Angus released all her anger and during the struggle, she chosed not to testify Ka Ming's body and turned back to save Angus. The "older" version shows how Charmaine Sheh decides to take revenge and it's so nice to see Nick Cheung back in TVB. I felt quite angry at first when Nick Cheung decided not to participate in this drama when he won the Best Actor awards. I read from some articles that he wanted to join WHB because he wasn't doing well in the film industry and asked the director to help him out. I miss the golden age of TVB with Louis Koo, Tony Leung etc.

I thought that both versions of WHB will be great. This version is more artistic. Although it is more slow in pace, causing me not to be as excited to watch each episodes as I was for the first 15 episodes, I enjoy watching it. It is refreshing and I would really want to know how Bowie Lam will end up. The music fits the drama perfectly and I can see how remorseful Angus is. It freaked me out when I saw Drummer eating the raw beef... he is becoming another Angus but even worse. It's so freaky but yet so realistic... because Drummer is still Drummer. Despite trying to make atonements for what he had done to Ka Ming and trying to change his nature, he failed to because the moment he meets obstacles, he will do anything to overcome it, sacrificing anything.

Yan is not perfect either. She plays with Bowman which I don't think is really nice. When she said to Bowman that it just happens that day, it was him and she wanted companionship so they went on bed. That was... gosh, a playgirl LOL. Yan's father is an idiot. I think that Drummer is trying to harm him on purpose. But why?? I think Angus is gonna make a comeback to stop Drummer. Jessica is a nice girl and I hope Angus can treats him better. I feel that Jessica suits Angus more than Emma but I don't think they will end up together. sigh.
    Last edited by ycdahiong; 12-25-11 at 04:21 AM.

Want to ask about Ben (KK).
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Jessica said he betrayed Angus. But, what did he do? I only see the part he hit Angus in a boxing match i.e. he decide to not follow Angus anymore and turn to follow Brenda. But, what act of betrayal did he commit? Die he scheme behind Angus or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    Personally I feel that she really wanted to obtain justice for Ka Ming when the policeman (recently, I started watching Detective Investigations VI and saw him acting as a doctor and he looks really young!!) came to tell Yan they found his body. After she injured Angus, she left. You could see the hatred in her when she stabbed Angus. There was no hesitation at all. I got so freaked out because she look as if she was out to KILL. During the period when she left, I believed she had a long struggle... maybe she thought about Ronnie's family... Drummer's wife etc. Everybody have their own life and if she was to choose to obtain justice for Ka Ming, not only the 3 killers will be affected but also their innocent family members. Also, I believe the stab that she gave Angus released all her anger and during the struggle, she chosed not to testify Ka Ming's body and turned back to save Angus.
    I also suddenly thought of this. After she stabbed Angus, she went home and washed her hands profusely. I wonder if at that moment, she was able to feel what the 3 felt 18 years ago and this has many made her understand them more and feel a certain empathy for them?

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    It is refreshing and I would really want to know how Bowie Lam will end up. The music fits the drama perfectly and I can see how remorseful Angus is. It freaked me out when I saw Drummer eating the raw beef... he is becoming another Angus but even worse. It's so freaky but yet so realistic... because Drummer is still Drummer. Despite trying to make atonements for what he had done to Ka Ming and trying to change his nature, he failed to because the moment he meets obstacles, he will do anything to overcome it, sacrificing anything.
    Maybe if in these 18 years, Drummer has lived the life Angus or Ronnie lived, he wouldn't have become what he became now. Remember he said he has wasted too much time, waste 10+ years. Now, he's trying to chase back something for himself.

I wonder if 18 years also, Angus has chose the path of Drummer and Drummer has chose the path of Angus, how would they be now.