Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: When Heaven Burns 《天與地》

Damn. I finished replying to Kidd post but came out error. Have to type again.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    The menu is not funny at all.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Why did all the guys like Yan? What is so special and likable about Yan? From the flashback, she seems like a bossy girl with princess sickness.
    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Well, young guys like challenges. To older people, Yan might be spoilt and annoying, but to young guys like Angus, Ronnie and Drummer, she was fun, pretty and cool. Plus they spend all this time together. It is inevitable that romantic feelings got entangled with friendship and emotional attachment. Yan was probably like this trophy that they guys were fighting over.

Did anyone find how Ronnie's family fumbled around in the darkness funny? I love their warm family scenes. Very fuzzy feeling!
    I think that Yan is more than just a girl they have crush on. As weird as this sound, she 'belongs' to them. No one can have her alone, that's why Ronnie and Drummer didn't pursue her after her breakup with Angus. Their friendship is more precious. That's also why they disliked Ka Ming at first, because he is the outside who 'broke the rules' and have Yan sole attention.

Even best friends of same sex get jealous when the other one get closer to a new friend. What more when it involves love interest.

I remember in secondary school, there will always be a girl or guy whom almost everyone have a crush on. From personal experience (ahemm), adolescent crush/young love tend to overlook personality flaws. Bringing snacks, loaning textbook, helping to copy homework... even if that person can be a jerk/princessy.

p.s. Gina is major pissy at Yan, she most probably was jealous of Drummer friendship with Yan since their dating days.

Last edited by sehseh; 11-27-11 at 08:45 AM.

Spoiler for episode 6. I saw it on Astro preview
    Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    p.s. Gina is major pissy at Yan, she most probably was jealous of Drummer friendship with Yan since their dating days.
    Gina was seen by Yan and Emma with her doctor lover. Yan tried to advice her to not have affairs by saying 'you are Drummer are both my friend'. But, Gina said, 'I was never your (plural) friend'. I also remember Gina also said 'Do you consider Drummer you friend? He has been feeling guilty all these years'.

Note: The last sentence, I forgot the exact words. Should be something like this.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Gina was seen by Yan and Emma with her doctor lover. Yan tried to advice her to not have affairs by saying 'you are Drummer are both my friend'. But, Gina said, 'I was never your (plural) friend'. I also remember Gina also said 'Do you consider Drummer you friend? He has been feeling guilty all these years'.

Note: The last sentence, I forgot the exact words. Should be something like this.
    Regarding Gina, what up with her?
    Just wondering is she really sleeping with Dr. Wong or is it just an emotional affair because Drummer neglects her? From ep 5, I can see that she still cares for Drummer even though she does not show it, and also in ep 2 when she braved the sorm to fix his poster. What drove them apart? Is it because of the baby thing kept in the road map? Maybe it is hinting a past miscarriage or something.

But I do agree that she is jealous of the closeness not just between Drummer and Yan, but also between Drummer and the other guys. She probabaly feels left out even though she knew them as well but she was always proper and mature. She really dislikes all of them.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

From what I read in TVB mag (for next week episodes),

Gina was defensive when approached by Yan abt her extra-marital affair. She put the blame on Yan, who is causing misery on the 3 men.

I'm wondering.
    What if the heavily injured one was not Ka Ming but one of the other 3, would they still kill and eat him? Ka Ming was the newcomer in the group and they initially didn't like him much because he's dating Yan. So, his friendship with the group must not be as strong as the original 3 friends. What if Ronnie was the one heavily injured? Would Drummer still suggest they eat Ronnie?

I'm wondering.
    What if the heavily injured one was not Ka Ming but one of the other 3, would they still kill and eat him? Ka Ming was the newcomer in the group and they initially didn't like him much because he's dating Yan. So, his friendship with the group must not be as strong as the original 3 friends. What if Ronnie was the one heavily injured? Would Drummer still suggest they eat Ronnie?
    My answer will be Yes.

Up to episode 5, we audience were shown that Ka Ming was the outsider - they have yet to show us how he bonded with Drummer, Angus and Ronnie. In episode 6, Emma asked Angus about his history with Yan, to which he replied that he remember more about how crazy the band was, together with Ka Ming. I think he lied abt having vague memory of dating Yan, but it's definitely true that the four guys were great buddies.

I'm grinning like mad in the first 15 mins of episode 6, but felt so sad for Drummer later... when he finally thought he can be happy again (old friends + wife)

The part where Yan discovered Drummer specially bought new wine glasses with individual decorations on them for each person, he expect them to hang out at his home in the future. Also the joke that Ronnie probably overdid him by buying seat cushions with their names on it.

Of all the questions, why did Drummer ask Gina
    whether she had slept with the doctor?

I guess it's different from a woman viewpoint, because I would ask how long have they been together, why, and most importantly, do you still loves me?

If he had asked that, Gina would have stayed. She wanted him to ask her not to leave.

As more memories are revealed, Ka Ming is shown to be a more down to earth and simple guy. He is passionate abt music and friendship, but not emo like the rest of them.

I find it symbolic when Ka Ming took out the broken trophy he repaired with the plaster from his foot cast, he is the glue that binds the group together.
    Last edited by sehseh; 11-29-11 at 09:59 PM.

I like the part where the 4 are playing snooker. They are so playful and relax. The reunion of old friends feel is strong. Makes me think of the song 'Those Were The Days'.

An interesting question asked by a fellow netizen in Baidu:

If it was Yan who was injured on the mountains, will Drummer, Angus & Ronnie still do what they did to Ka Ming?

Just an interesting trivia. At the scene where Yan saw Dr.Dylan talking to his friend about a show who did fundrising for an accident victim, the background has a banner of 'Alive Not Dead' with the alivenotdead website url.

For those who don't know. Alive Not Dead used to be the website of a fake band called 'Alive'. This band was purposely formed by Daniel Wu, Terence Yin, Andrew Lin and Conroy Chan for the creation of semi-documentary film. The band is no more now, but, the site has become a hub of artists.

Hi in episode 7, Yan (younger version) was calling Dr Dylan and dedicated a song to Gina and hubby. Can I know what the song is?

Quote Originally Posted by poet_99 View Post
    Hi in episode 7, Yan (younger version) was calling Dr Dylan and dedicated a song to Gina and hubby. Can I know what the song is?
    It's not Beatles song. The young Yan asked for Bruce Patch's [Owner of my heart]

An interesting question asked by a fellow netizen in Baidu:

If it was Yan who was injured on the mountains, will Drummer, Angus & Ronnie still do what they did to Ka Ming?
    I don't think they will since they all love Yan. I can't imagine them doing what they did to Ka Ming to Yan. Plus, think the guys have instinct to protect girls first.

On Gina and Drummer
    I initially thought Drummer knew Yan, Ronnie and Angus first and because he couldn't date Yan, he dated someone else (Gina). But, from episode 7, we get to know that he actually knew Gina before he knew the others and they have been dating since he's Form 7. Does this mean while dating Gina, he fall in love with Yan?
    He and Gina already have conflict 17 years ago. I wonder why they were able to stay together for so long. Was it because after the incident, Drummer want to change his lifestyle totally and adopted Gina's life philosophy of having a stable job and income, but then, he met the Union workers and he changed his course again, to atone for his wrongs?
    Last edited by kidd; 12-01-11 at 02:26 AM.

I don't think they will since they all love Yan. I can't imagine them doing what they did to Ka Ming to Yan. Plus, think the guys have instinct to protect girls first.

On Gina and Drummer
    I initially thought Drummer knew Yan, Ronnie and Angus first and because he couldn't date Yan, he dated someone else (Gina). But, from episode 7, we get to know that he actually knew Gina before he knew the others and they have been dating since he's Form 7. Does this mean while dating Gina, he fall in love with Yan?
    He and Gina already have conflict 17 years ago. I wonder why they were able to stay together for so long. Was it because after the incident, Drummer want to change his lifestyle totally and adopted Gina's life philosophy of having a stable job and income, but then, he met the Union workers and he changed his course again, to atone for his wrongs?
    From Drummer and Gina character summary in official site
    Yes, Drummer married Gina and followed her life philosophy (no more band, take up accountancy as career) for two years until he met Uncle Chuen and followed him to atone his sins. So, they had two sweet years of married life (1993-1995, the map in Drummer car is labeled 1995). As for Gina, she loves Drummer very much. Everytime, she will relent and wait (they broke up so many times in their youth, but it's always Gina that relented first). She very 'ng gum sum' to let go of her relationship with Drummer.

Young and old Drummer have a bad habit: Glancing at the watch when talking/spending time with her. Can understand why she is so bitter.

I guess to Drummer, Yan is the dream girlfriend who will support her boyfriend ambition without any conditions.

p.s. Moon Law is very natural and his gestures mimic older Drummer.

From Drummer and Gina character summary in official site
    Yes, Drummer married Gina and followed her life philosophy (no more band, take up accountancy as career) for two years until he met Uncle Chuen and followed him to atone his sins. So, they had two sweet years of married life (1993-1995, the map in Drummer car is labeled 1995). As for Gina, she loves Drummer very much. Everytime, she will relent and wait (they broke up so many times in their youth, but it's always Gina that relented first). She very 'ng gum sum' to let go of her relationship with Drummer.

Young and old Drummer have a bad habit: Glancing at the watch when talking/spending time with her. Can understand why she is so bitter.

I guess to Drummer, Yan is the dream girlfriend who will support her boyfriend ambition without any conditions.

p.s. Moon Law is very natural and his gestures mimic older Drummer.
    Gina loves Drummer, but, does not loves him enough to accept him for who he is. She's someone who waits for her man who change for her, to follow her ideals, but, she has never thought of changing for her man and see things from his perspective. She keep on relenting and holding on to the relationship, but, she never thought of doing things differently. Just waiting and waiting and waiting for her man to change to who she wants her to be.

Maybe that's the attraction of Yan. Yan might be bossy and have princess attitude, but, she supports her boyfriend's dream. She shares his enthusiasm and his love of music. She's very involved in her boyfriend's interest and sometimes more so than them. She's the one who excited brought the radio to the rooftop to let them listen to their competition song on air.

Ronnie's personality
    I notice that Ronnie has always been the easy going one and the mediator. After the competition, the other 2 guys were all moody. But, Ronnie seems to be better. He was actually easy going on many things. This characteristic is also shown by the amnesic adult Ronnie. He's also mild-manner and kinda like mediator now.

Ronnie's personality
    I notice that Ronnie has always been the easy going one and the mediator. After the competition, the other 2 guys were all moody. But, Ronnie seems to be better. He was actually easy going on many things. This characteristic is also shown by the amnesic adult Ronnie. He's also mild-manner and kinda like mediator now.
    No need spoiler box on Ronnie personality, if it's not directly involved with plot points in the series. Let me know if you still think need spoiler box, I will edit.

Ronnie is the middle man and mediator. You can also see that he is quiet and know how to plan properly. In fact, he is the only person who can balance a career/education and playing in rock band at the same time.

The ending for episode 7 is very emotionally stirring

Angus is still helplessly in love with Yan, stalking her everyday. I guess during their brief dating days, Yan will sit down and watch him practice. The guitar solo Angus played is very simple, but his eyes is very expressive staring at the imaginary Yan(s), good job from Moses!

p.s. I just realized... Angus is the owner of the music/piano shop sponsoring Yan's rock festival.

Sehseh. It's ok., I just put it in case. If you feel it's not a spoiler, the, you no need to put spoiler box. Up to your discretion.

Brenda is so bad the way she 'jat' (belittle?) Angus.
    She purposely said to Angus, 'You married into this family, this task, you have to do'. She used the word '嫁' which is reserved for a woman marrying into a man's family. Even when a man marry into a woman's family, we don't use the word '嫁', we use '入贅'.

I love seeing Brenda and Angus bantering. They are both very witty.

Poor Angus. Marrying Emma is like marrying a child. Who is more childish? Her or sister Fah?
    Last edited by kidd; 12-01-11 at 09:29 AM.

I notice that Bowman called Angus Mr.Sito when Angus was eating in Bowman's restaurant. Do you guys think it's a scripting error or Angus purposely hide his real name from Bowman? Angus's surname is Sung.