Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: When Heaven Burns 《天與地》

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Regarding Brenda & Joe:

click to show/hide spoilers
    I feel that Brenda like Joe because they are the same kind and she finds that he truly understands her rather than George who just sucks up to her like a "sugar-mummy". I think she sees a companion in Joe rather a sexual partner, but she is not in denial in thinking that he loves her. She knows full well that Joe is just using her for the job so she uses him back for her loneliness. I am happy that Emma finally feels the need to take up responsibility again and also try and see things from her sister's POV. I really liked the sisterly bonding scenes in ep 24 & 25. Her death scene is so sad.

I am happy that Ho Sir is back. He is my favourite character. He brightens up the whole atmosphere. I would certainly not mind if Yan ended up with Ho Sir (if not Bowman) in the end at all!

Regarding Bowman & Yan:
    Though Yan is willing to let go of Bowman and let him move on, I still think Bowman would have trouble letting go of Yan as long as she keeps popping up in his life. Even when he was going out with Paula, he rushed straight to the airport to pick Yan up when she returned from Australia. I don't think he would ever stop caring about her more than a friend would, so he better find a GF with an open mind. I still hope that Yan will accept Bowman again and theyw oudl start anew but judging from the letting go theme recurring in the series, the chances are slim.

By the way, anyone see the Lau Dan & Elaine Jin interview on "The Green Room" from Boxing Day? It is very nice to hear about the concepts of filming and character development. I wonder if Kenny woudl be invited on in the last week?
    Another vote for Yan & Ho Sir!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6482e5f1gw1doi3y59v03j.jpg')

The series forum might have been taken down in Baidu, but today the series rank skyrocketed from 13 (yesterday) to 2nd today.

Kenny was the first one to appear on The Green Room, followed by Moses & Bowie. PM me if you want the dl link, tudou probably deleted the clip due to the forbidden three letter 天与地
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-28-11 at 11:02 AM.

Ok, complaints will come pouring in again after tonight's episode. Quite violent episode... eeeeeeeekkkkk (quite rare) for TVB series level.

Final episode promo trailer

http://www.hklove.org/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26277

Note: Contained major spoilers for the special ending, you are warned.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/93854c10gw1dokd6lgkw2j.jpg')
    Last edited by sehseh; 12-30-11 at 02:19 AM.

The censors have been hard at work. Nearly all the video links about WHB posted on this thread have been deleted even the youtube ones (except the songs). Just noticed that Maggie Siu was once married to each Kenny, Bowie, and Moses in different series (Dance of Passion, Gem of Life, WHB).

Too bad I can't read Chinese, am very curious to read about what critics think of this series.

'When Heaven Burns' gets more popular after being banned in Mainland

Credit/Source: http://asianfanatics.net
    Posted By: AsianDramaFan.com

'When Heaven Burns' gets more popular after being banned in Mainland
    Wednesday December 28, 2011 Hong Kong
    Source: Mingpao
    Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

TVB series When Heaven Burns (WHB) had been scolded at since it's broadcast. It was only until a few days ago when Mainland suddenly banned the series from being broadcast that there was a turnaround in the situation. Instead, the ban led to a surge of followers. Someone said: "The more it gets banned, the more popular it is. The series is blossoming!" A Mainland Netizens shouted: "Give me back When Heaven Burns!" The series is close to the finale and the 11 Mainland video streaming sites that was broadcasting simultaneously with TVB was banned by the PRC for involvement in politics.

WHB producer Jonathan Chik expressed in an interview that he was unsure why the series was banned. As for editor (Chow Yuk Ming), he admitted the production makes people think of the Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989? Producer Chik stressed that in his view, the series has no metaphor to politics, and that the Tianamen Protests was just used for inspirations. A Netizen discovered a scene where the words 'Fa Lung Gong' was seen in big letters on a poster? Producer Chik explained it's just the street background, it has no meaning at all. There are many signs on the streets, and all of them cannot be removed. Results, the public made it a big deal. Producer Chik does not agree WHB had elements of politics in it, and felt that it was strange how this happened right before the finale. Why wasn't the problem discovered in the first two episodes of broadcast?

So why did series editor Chow Yuk Ming express the production makes people think of the Tianamen Protests? He said that is just his personal views and that Producer Chik is the actual lead of the production. the series does not have any involvement in politics. He also said WHB will have a 2 hour finale on January 1st (Sunday), none of that will change. Jonathan Chik and editor Chow Yuk Ming's other new series 4 In Love is scheduled to broadcast on January 30th, which proves TVB respects their productions and had not been affected by the WHB ban.
    Link
    http://grooveasia.com/news/33575/-39...ed-in-Mainland
    Is getting more popular after it banned in China?

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    Is getting more popular after it banned in China?
    Yes, it topped series chart and also weibo hot topics. But China govt also clamped on Sina weibo already, you can't use When Heaven Burns in the search box.

Mainland China government help promoting the series.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Someone post this in weibo

RT @na_sheishei: 《天与地》 片尾曲歌词 。。看看歌词就知道为什么给河蟹了 http://goo.gl/Q4kf9 不甘安於封建制度里 迷信上街真理会达到 旗帜高举 群众声讨 不惜牺牲一切去上诉

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Someone post this in weibo

RT @na_sheishei: 《天与地》 片尾曲歌词 。。看看歌词就知道为什么给河蟹了 http://goo.gl/Q4kf9 不甘安於封建制度里 迷信上街真理会达到 旗帜高举 群众声讨 不惜牺牲一切去上诉
    Still, it's strange that it's being banned now, with just 7 episodes till the ending.

Consider free publicity I guess? Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Still, it's strange that it's being banned now, with just 7 episodes till the ending.
    I didn't know the context of the post. I found this line in golden forum. Someone reposted it there. The person might be joking (dry wit), who knows?

After watching ep 27, I have to say... "Go Ben!" Look at how he runs!

Is Joe crying for himself or for Cloris?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Watching episode 25 now. So sad. Yan is so untrusting now. Even Dr.Dylan she doesn't trust. The truth of the incident really changed her a lot.

Just listen to the subtheme again. Really love this song. Love the lyrics. So meaningful.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-30-11 at 11:45 AM.

After watching ep 27, I have to say... "Go Ben!" Look at how he runs!

Is Joe crying for himself or for Cloris?
    I think he was crying mainly for chloris, wondering what he has done to her for his selfish motive. Remember how he used her to stop the workers from riot? I thought that he would have totally become a evil person who had no qualms but him crying shows that he still have some hesitation regarding his actions.

Omg can Angus BE NICER to jessica? Jessica is so devoted to him and supports him even when he is down. Why throw her to Ben?

Liked the part where Ronnie spooked Drummer and Angus in the restaurant, the scene before they were fighting over him like hungry tigers, then he turned the table around.

Chomping on the meat, throwing them at Drummer & Angus while talking about eating Ka Ming and coldly stating the facts that they are all man eaters in society anyway. So they think I cannot be evil too, when I can do the same or even better? (I felt that this side of Ronnie is a bit underdeveloped, he too can be vindictive when pushed to limits)

And the part where he indicate to Shirley that despite what they did to him, he still want them as friends (also means he is willing to lead them continue manipulate him). The part where Ronnie cries, Kenny was a bit lacking in that scene.

In the end he is still the softhearted Ronnie.... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I think that would even weigh more heavily on Angus and Drummer's conscience if he did that.

Brenda was cute in ep 25. I'm glad Yan decided to let Bowman go.
    On Bowman and Yan
    I'm a bit disappointed though. I was hoping Yan can get back with Bowman.

I look at Joe, I feel kinda sad. He chose money and power over relationship, be it friendship or love relationship. I look at him and see him so lonely, no friends. I wonder, does he insist on Ronnie working with him because he hope to get his friend back?

Joe can be a really good friend if he's not money hungry and selfish now. Look at how he interact with Emma and Brenda. He's very caring and give good advice. I wonder if he still love Gina.

Love the ending! Not rushed at all! How things planned out really followed the theme of action versus reaction.
    Astrid did very well in the last scene with the kid! Will comment more tomorrow.

Good job TVB!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Love the ending! Not rushed at all! How things planned out really followed the theme of action versus reaction.
    Astrid did very well in the last scene with the kid! Will comment more tomorrow.

Good job TVB!
    I agree! No rushed ending, finally! I was shedding different tears of sadness, touched, and happiness at the last 20 mins of the series.

Thumbs up!!!!

I want TVB to release official OST cd, collectible DVD and gimme that limited edition T-shirt, damnit!

p.s. Happy New Year everyone! Like the series, it's the ending, yet a new beginning!
    Last edited by sehseh; 01-01-12 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I look at Joe, I feel kinda sad. He chose money and power over relationship, be it friendship or love relationship. I look at him and see him so lonely, no friends. I wonder, does he insist on Ronnie working with him because he hope to get his friend back?

Joe can be a really good friend if he's not money hungry and selfish now. Look at how he interact with Emma and Brenda. He's very caring and give good advice. I wonder if he still love Gina.
    He wanted to keep Ronnie because he needed a friend, someone who wouldn't betray him, even if he have to blackmail his friend into it. He was selfish and desperate, yes quite pitiful in a sense that he is forever lonely.