Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Western or Traditional Wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I'm not that keen on getting married but I've overheard my mother's ideas about what kind of wedding I'm apparently going to have haha. In her opinion, she'd like an "Asian" styled one in the United States and another one in the home country where it's going to be a huge party where all the relatives there can eat free. If I do happen to get married...uhm I think I'll let her decide too. If my partner is of a different culture, then I'll accommodate his wishes alongside my mother's because I don't really have an opinion as of yet. haha I told my mom once that it was okay to just get a marriage license [because I'm busy, dude] and she firmly said no.
    lol ur not getting "just a marriage license" if ur asian, theres definitely going to be a party w/ all relatives etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Lunie, western receptions may be just as expensive depending on how many guests you are inviting and how fancy you want the reception to be...
    hmm last time i went to my friends wedding, all he did was go to a church + reception was only for close family members and close friends. the food were fancy, had some of the best steak ever, but no where near as expensive as sharkfin soup + lobster + abalony etc
    Last edited by LuNaR; 12-05-10 at 10:50 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I'll hold a duelling tournament, then ask my beloved for her hankerchief as a sign of favour. If I survive, I'll figure out the rest from there.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    hmm last time i went to my friends wedding, all he did was go to a church + reception was only for close family members and close friends. the food were fancy, had some of the best steak ever, but no where near as expensive as sharkfin soup + lobster + abalony etc
    That just depends on what type and quality of food you order and how many people . Nothing in Western or Chinese weddings dictate how much you must spend on food.

I'm more focused on what type of music I'd play at my wedding. Though I already have some things picked for that.

At this point, there is no way I'm having an "Asian" style wedding, just because it seems utterly pointless.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I choose the Tradition wedding... I don't like to extra & over in the wedding..