Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cheung Mo Gei Glorification Thread

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    GJ COULD have gotten more girls too IF he had done something different too.
    Gwok Jing could have had three (Wong Yung, Princess Hua Jeng, and Ching Yiu Ga), and the amazing thing is that he would have done it WITHOUT the benefit of good looks or smarts.

u like yg? well he's a lucky selfish bastard who didn't care for anyone besides himself and XLN until later in the story. yg actually had some bad intentions whereas ZWJ and GJ didn't. out of the 3 condor trilogy heroes, YG is the one most likely to go bad.

why's zwj wishy washy? because he was suddenly confronted with having to choose one of four girls to love, which was something he never thought about before. if you had four girls who were all nice to you and you cared about them, would you make a decision right away and make all the others cry?

why did zwj lose his fights? (this is just my opinion). if he slaughters everyone in the book, then there wouldn't be much debate over how powerful he is. in that case, there wouldn't be any debate over whether zwj was > GJ/YG because if he wins every fight, then he'd undoubtedly be stronger than the 2. making him lose some fights balances him out with the other 2.
    Pffff, Guo Jing >> Zhang Wuji.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

pfff ZWJ >>>>>>> YG

ZWJ > GJ too

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Pffff, Guo Jing >> Zhang Wuji.
    I can get behind this, but it's not a huge, huge discrepancy.

Still, this is *Cheung Mo Gei's* thread. Can't we give the dude some love in his own glorification thread? Is it too much to ask?

pfff ZWJ > GJ

Ken can you change the name of the topic to Cheung Mo Gei/Zhang Wu Ji?

not everyone speaks cantonese

Ken can you change the name of the topic to Cheung Mo Gei/Zhang Wu Ji?

not everyone speaks cantonese
    Well, I can, but I won't.

Reason # 1 is because I'm a d*ck that way. Reason # 2 (the better reason) is that I'm one of the few Canto speakers on the forum as it is, so I've got to represent.

So sorry, but no.

well i can understand both but I'm just saying that so that everyone who visits the forum can understand but oh well its up to you.

well i can understand both but I'm just saying that so that everyone who visits the forum can understand but oh well its up to you.
    They'll get it. They always do, although it might take them an extra few seconds. I'd feel phony trying to write pinyin because I hardly know it and I don't like the idea of pretending to know how to write a language that I really don't. Just a hangup of mine (and I do have lots and lots of hangups, unfortunately).

Guo Jing > Zhang Wuji by a mile. Was Guo Jing ever as indecisive as Zhang Wuji? Did Guo Jing make life-long promises to 4 girls? Did Guo Jing have an embarrassing voluntary exit?

None of those. Guo Jing is a true hero while Zhang Wuji can only be considered a small potato.

Guo Jing is truly the triumph of wuxia.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I don't disagree with this:
    Guo Jing is truly the triumph of wuxia.
    at all.

However,
    Did Guo Jing make life-long promises to 4 girls?
    No, he never did...but reneging on his promise to Princess Hua Jeng was sort of embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Was Guo Jing ever as indecisive as Zhang Wuji?
    Seldom, although there was that "Should I become a pacifist?" phase that Gwok Jing went through at the end of LOCH.

Did Guo Jing have an embarrassing voluntary exit?
    Well, no, but if not for Genghis Khan's timely demise...

Guo Jing is a true hero while Zhang Wuji can only be considered a small potato.
    I think they're both great, although I like Gwok Jing more myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    IWell, no, but if not for Genghis Khan's timely demise...
    Guo Jing didn't shy away from anything at the end of ROCH. First, he prepared to go to war with the Mongols, he and Tolui negotiating the passage or otherwise of the Mongol army, until Huang Rong sprang the trap and frightened the Mongols away. Then he prepared to assassinate Tolui himself. Once he determined that violence wasn't so absolutely bad after all, if resolutely used in a good cause, he was prepared to do anything for the cause of defending the Song people.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Guo Jing didn't shy away from anything at the end of ROCH. First, he prepared to go to war with the Mongols, he and Tolui negotiating the passage or otherwise of the Mongol army, until Huang Rong sprang the trap and frightened the Mongols away. Then he prepared to assassinate Tolui himself. Once he determined that violence wasn't so absolutely bad after all, if resolutely used in a good cause, he was prepared to do anything for the cause of defending the Song people.
    Which is great, but I think that when Cheung Mo Gei has decided on what he wants to accomplish (a sticking point, I know), he's also pretty good at seeing things through. If not, the melee at Gwong Ming Peak would not have ended as well as it did, and several positive outcomes (saving Mo Dong Sect from Chiu Mun and her flunkies, marrying Yeung But Fui to Yan Lei Ting, curing Yan Lei Ting and Yu Doi Nam's injuries) wouldn't have happened. Sometimes, Cheung Mo Gei has a little trouble figuring out what he wants to do (which makes him the most human of Jin Yong protagonists in one way), but once he does figure it out, he can close the deal with the best of them.

For the record, I do believe Gwok Jing is better than Cheung Mo Gei in many aspects, but that doesn't mean that Cheung Mo Gei was worthless.

well they are also both in different situations. ZWJ is faced with more choices more often while GJ has only one path to choose more often. you really can't say GJ is more decisive when sometimes there's only one path before him.

if ZWJ was faced with fighting the mongols without having a mongol girl rubbing on him all the time, he'd focus on fighting the mongols too.

but what if you had GJ healing that guy who brought him to the doctor instead of ZWJ? In end, that guy would have died, and the doctor would probably end up refusing to treat him.

having one extra girl got GJ in a mess already. imagine having 4 girls around him like ZWJ did. look what Hua Zheng did to him. You might say that GJ made a decision quickly to go with Hua Zheng because he promised her. Well ZWJ made a promise to Zhu Er and did he go back on that? No he didn't.
    Last edited by person135; 10-02-09 at 03:24 PM.

I know its far from being accurate to the novel, but i liked Jet Li's Cheung Mo Gei in the Kung Fu Cult Master movie

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://knows.jongo.com/UserFiles/Image/kung_fu_cult_master.jpg')

Ahhh... brings back good memories of the 90's.

well they are also both in different situations. ZWJ is faced with more choices more often while GJ has only one path to choose more often. you really can't say GJ is more decisive when sometimes there's only one path before him.

if ZWJ was faced with fighting the mongols without having a mongol girl rubbing on him all the time, he'd focus on fighting the mongols too.

but what if you had GJ healing that guy who brought him to the doctor instead of ZWJ? In end, that guy would have died, and the doctor would probably end up refusing to treat him.

having one extra girl got GJ in a mess already. imagine having 4 girls around him like ZWJ did. look what Hua Zheng did to him. You might say that GJ made a decision quickly to go with Hua Zheng because he promised her. Well ZWJ made a promise to Zhu Er and did he go back on that? No he didn't.
    Hua Zheng was originally promised to Guo Jing, Guo Jing didn't promise himself to her. From the start, he was doubtful about the betrothal, as he saw Hua Zheng as a younger sister, not as a partner. He eventually agreed to marry her after being convinced that a betrothal was to be kept, whether or not he had agreed to it in the first place.

your point is?

ZWJ>all
    except HYS
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

see the people here randomly hate zwj... *sigh*

zwj>yg+PJ

zwj got everything he deserved. did zwj ever do anything bad? nope.

u like yg? well he's a lucky selfish bastard who didn't care for anyone besides himself and XLN until later in the story. yg actually had some bad intentions whereas ZWJ and GJ didn't. out of the 3 condor trilogy heroes, YG is the one most likely to go bad.

why's zwj wishy washy? because he was suddenly confronted with having to choose one of four girls to love, which was something he never thought about before. if you had four girls who were all nice to you and you cared about them, would you make a decision right away and make all the others cry?

why did zwj lose his fights? (this is just my opinion). if he slaughters everyone in the book, then there wouldn't be much debate over how powerful he is. in that case, there wouldn't be any debate over whether zwj was > GJ/YG because if he wins every fight, then he'd undoubtedly be stronger than the 2. making him lose some fights balances him out with the other 2.

what kind of logic is that? well she liked YG, but YG acted coldly towards her. you can't really count that then. YG COULD have gotten with her IF he did some things differently, but GJ COULD have gotten more girls too IF he had done something different too. therefore, only 4 at max for YG.
    but ZWJ COULD have gotten more girls too IF he had done something different too. therefore, only 1 at max for ZWJ

see the logic?

Your criteria is who he could have gotten with, if we use that Yang Guo is the true pimp;oo, now if you're going to exclude many girls because of age, other factors, results, then yeahhh :[

GJ's max was about 3..z.x.cv

^Useless debate btw:O

I wouldn't say people hate ZWJ. Or at least I don't. I just don't think he's that interesting of a hero. Sure, he's a nice and talented guy who would make a wonderful friend, but rather bland as a hero (no offense to the fans).

But since this is a ZWJ glorification thread AND I don't want to be off topic:
    I have to say that I greatly admire his ability to forgive people's wrong doings. Most heroes would place vengeance as their #1 priority.

I'm also rather surprise he is able to unite all the different sects. Logically, he should have zero social skills. So