Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cheung Mo Gei Glorification Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I wouldn't say people hate ZWJ. Or at least I don't. I just don't think he's that interesting of a hero. Sure, he's a nice and talented guy who would make a wonderful friend, but rather bland as a hero (no offense to the fans).....
    So

Zwj bland? Or have you forgotten that scene at Guangmingding? Or how he fought off the Challengers to Wudang, how he was involve in the rescue of all the mainstreamers,...how he took on the Persian Ming Cult, the Hidden Greats of Shaolin,... bland personality as in undecided and too trusting, you mean?

There is some serious BS going on in this thread. Random bashing.

People constantly bring up ZWJ's love life as a bashing point. Get over it. Modern society dictates 1 husband to 1 wife, this does not apply to ZWJ's time and his position. It's not like he married all 4 anyway, and even if he did, so what? Yes it's nice that YG and GJ only loved one person, but it doesn't mean having feelings for multiple people is wrong. If one can explain love/romantic feelings, then go ahead analyse ZWJ's multitude of love interests and judge him on it. But no one can, so why use modern day prejudices and expectations.

Indecision? How much contact has ZWJ had with each girl? Compare that with GJ who went through so much adventure with HR, and even then stupidly bow down to societal expectations and do the 'right thing' to choose Hua Zheng; and with YG whose only contact was XLN for 7 years, only realising that she is the one after she leaves him. 4 excellent girls, each with their own lovable attributes, and you think you can decide with that much contact - then I would judge you too rash in decision making.

On the topic of glorifying:
    Ming Peak, 6 sects vs. Ming cult. ZWJ enters with minimal social contact - a fresh early 20s. Even, ignoring ZWJ's circumstances, how many characters in Jin Yong, do you honestly think could have diffused the situation as well as ZWJ did?
    Last edited by yittz; 10-05-09 at 05:55 AM.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

well said yittz.

@ Cancerluna, the logic makes sense. I'm talking about how many girls truly liked ZWJ. that's exactly why I said you can't count Guo Fu because she's a IF. You are just repeating what I said without understanding what I really meant. I'm not talking about who he could have gotten with. You're the one who's saying that by bringing up Guo Fu in the first place. So therefore, you are saying what you said is wrong. I'm only pointing out that you are saying who he could have gotten with. Don't get my argument confused with yours.

ZWJ is the true pimp. why? For XLN and GSZ's daughter, the first man they met was YG. If YG treated them well, which he did, then of course they'd like him, seeing as they had no contact with men their age who possibly might have romantic interest in them. But for ZWJ, all four of the girls he met had mingled in wulin and probably had tons of guys hitting on them. and yet they chose ZWJ. Even the Dragon protector king liked ZWJ (now imagine if she was ZWJ's age lol). then there was Yang Bu Hui.
    Last edited by person135; 10-05-09 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    Zwj bland? Or have you forgotten that scene at Guangmingding? Or how he fought off the Challengers to Wudang, how he was involve in the rescue of all the mainstreamers,...how he took on the Persian Ming Cult, the Hidden Greats of Shaolin,... bland personality as in undecided and too trusting, you mean?
    Yes, I meant to say his personality is bland to me. His accomplishments are indeed very grand. He succeeded at tasks that seem almost impossible, but only a wuxia hero can accomplish.

ZWJ is obviously not a dumb guy, just too trusting and nice, so his personality doesn't really stand out. Reminds me of Shi Potian.

Talking

hmmm... i'm apparently a rare cantonese on this forum.... @_@
    and cheung mo gei is my fav jin yong characters ... along with the novel (2nd ed) of yi tin to lung gei~

i object to the fact that zhang wuji is a PIMP & that he is as indecisive as ppl claim him to be~!

i'll prepare my submissions later .... @work...........

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    well said yittz.

@ Cancerluna, the logic makes sense. I'm talking about how many girls truly liked ZWJ. that's exactly why I said you can't count Guo Fu because she's a IF. You are just repeating what I said without understanding what I really meant. I'm not talking about who he could have gotten with. You're the one who's saying that by bringing up Guo Fu in the first place. So therefore, you are saying what you said is wrong. I'm only pointing out that you are saying who he could have gotten with. Don't get my argument confused with yours.

ZWJ is the true pimp. why? For XLN and GSZ's daughter, the first man they met was YG. If YG treated them well, which he did, then of course they'd like him, seeing as they had no contact with men their age who possibly might have romantic interest in them. But for ZWJ, all four of the girls he met had mingled in wulin and probably had tons of guys hitting on them. and yet they chose ZWJ. Even the Dragon protector king liked ZWJ (now imagine if she was ZWJ's age lol). then there was Yang Bu Hui.
    It was you who said how many he "could have got with". Now its a how many girls truly liked YG, which of course is still about 5 or 6. How is Guo Fu an IF, it was stated in the novel she liked him.

lol ZWJ is kinda a pimp though lol. GJ got 2 girls, YG got 3, but ZWJ got 4. and ZWJ didn't even really do anytihng to please the girls lol
    who are the four that YG could have gotten with then? I only recall 3 girls ever liking him, 4 if you count guo fu.
    And then I answered you, 5-6 was the number YG could have gotten which means he's even more of a pimp than ZWJ.

And if you use the ZWJ got 4 girls, no, he got 1 just like all the others..

Lol, now you're defining what a true pimp is by how each girl was.

Cmon man, YG had to wear a damn mask just so girls wouldn't fall in love with him.

Since this is ZWJ Glorification, I will have input also.

Brightness Peak was one of the beastliest scenes in all of Wuxia. ZWJ was a true hero during Brightness Peak. !

Quote Originally Posted by CancerLuna View Post
    I
    Cmon man, YG had to wear a damn mask just so girls wouldn't fall in love with him.
    ...which is probably the most conceited thing anyone, real or fictional, has ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Zhang Wuji not only built his internal from scratch, he had to start from a mortally wounded state and he spent long years of hermitage developing it. No kinds of special boosts for Wuji, just many years of hard work.
    Mortally wounded on the verge of dying, if i may add on.

Wuji did in fact get a special boost from being trapped & forcefully "massaged" by hot air in the Qian Kun Bag, but prior to that, his self-taught internal power was already huge.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

lol ZWJ is kinda a pimp though lol. GJ got 2 girls, YG got 3, but ZWJ got 4. and ZWJ didn't even really do anytihng to please the girls lol

Zwj did something to Zhao Min. He caressed her toes knowing that it is not a proper thing for a man to do to a lady. Horny devil that Zwj.
    Last edited by timeless; 10-06-09 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    ...which is probably the most conceited thing anyone, real or fictional, has ever done.
    He's just acknowledging the truth. When something is the truth, better acknowledge and do something about it (so as not to cause harm to others) rather than denying it so that you can tell yourself 'I'm not conceited'.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

It was always a how many people truly liked ZWJ/YG. You brought up Guo Fu, which changed the topic to who YG COULD have gotten IF blah blah blah because Guo Fu only liked YG for a short time and hated him afterwards. I wouldn't count that as YG pimping someone (excuse my language lol). You pimp to make them like you, not to make them dislike you, which was what YG did.

By counting Guo Fu, which is what you are doing, you are saying that YG could have fallen in love with her, if he had done something differently. That's why I brought up ZWJ and GJ IFs. Again, don't get what you said yourself confused with what I said.

I'll say this again. YG only has 4. XLN, Lu Wu Shuang, Cheng Ying, and GSLL. AND for 2 of these girls, the first man they met was YG. He was the first one to treat them so. What if XLN and GSLL met someone else first who treated them nicely? XLN would probably have gone with GSZ over YG if she had met GSZ first. Guo Fu only had a small crush on YG in the beginning and hated him a whole lot afterwards for a long time too. Guo Xiang doesn't like YG romantically. She is a little kid compared to YG. They're different generations. YG would be very morally messed up if he chose to date a little kid like Guo Xiang. I don't know why you would count Guo Xiang unless you think YG is some sick bastard or something.

ZWJ has 4 girls who chose him among many. Then there's Yang Bu Hui. Heck, even the Dragon king liked him.

Guo Fu realises at the end of ROCH that she has always loved Yang Guo. That's what I've been told about edition 3.

I do not know whether there's a new meaning to 'pimp' in modern slang. But, the official meaning according to the dictionary is

1. a person, esp. a man, who solicits customers for a prostitute or a brothel, usually in return for a share of the earnings; pander; procurer.

Anyway, I don't get why it is so important that ZWJ has more girls than YG that person135 has to put in so many criteria and reasoning to weed out YG's potential GF.
    - GF only like him for a while. After that she hated him. Doesn't matter that he could have gotten her if he's nice to her. He isn't. So, she's off.
    - GX likes him, but, she's too young. So, she's off.

GX is not even that young. She's 16. HR started dating GJ around this age. Yang Bu Hui married a guy who has as big an age gap as GX and YG.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-06-09 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Guo Fu realise at the end of ROCH that she has always love Yang Guo. That's what I've been told about edition 3.
    Indeed, person you should read ROCH again!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I do not know whether there's a new meaning to 'pimp' in modern slang. But, the official meaning according to the dictionary is

1. a person, esp. a man, who solicits customers for a prostitute or a brothel, usually in return for a share of the earnings; pander; procurer.
    It means he's awesome with chicks. Men want to be him and women want to be with him.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

this is strictly based on tv series, but i like cmg. he's a genuinely nice guy who tries to put others above himself. although his teen years were rough, he didn't whine about it. he witnessed his own parents' death, but he learned to forgive the enemy because he knew the so called righteous sects, although hypocritical, were not the ultimate form of evil. he seems to be the least biased hero among the condor trilogy heroes and also the most forgiving. he has a natural talent for learning martial arts and is so charismatic that the females just fall for him without him trying. sure, i wish he was more decisive in the romance department, but i like him as a hero. there's so much more to like about him than to dislike.
    Last edited by patricia n; 10-06-09 at 10:33 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Agree with Patricia. That's why I like ZWJ too. It's because he is peace loving and forgiving. Killing one's parents is considered a big '仇' (sorry, don't know how to translate) and avenging the parents is also a big duty of a child. ZWJ can forgive the orthodox sect for the greater good is a big feat. He really has a big heart.

Hu Fei still want to fight Miao Ren Feng after knowing it's not really MRF's fault that his father died of poison.

well said yittz.

If going purely by numbers, don't forget to include Li Mochou and Hong Lingbo in Yang Guo's list. Yang Buhui was never attracted to Zhang Wuji in that way, despite what the other Ming cultists thought, but Hong Lingbo admired Yang Guo's looks, while Li Mochou enjoyed being held (twice) by Yang Guo. Not only did Yang Guo hold Li Mochou in his arms, on the first occasion, he even combined it with dirty talk. Now that's pimpin'.

It's kinda hard NOT to fall for ZWJ though. Doctor, Triad leader and martial arts genius in one. Pretty much TEH guy to bring home to meet your mother in those times.

Compare that to a slow processing average looking guy, or an one armed pretty boy who only has eyes for his teacher...

Can we split this thread into which Wuxia protagonist has game? I think it's a worthy discussion all on its own.