Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cheung Mo Gei Glorification Thread

Default The Cheung Mo Gei Glorification Thread

...because he needs one badly, MUCH more than even Gwok Jing does.

Cheung Mo Gei...for reasons that I'll never fully understand, this guy is not among the favorite Jin Yong protagonists. He's called "wishy-washy," "wimpy," or worse. I can kind of see where that comes from, but critics of the character seem to always overlook the *great* qualities of this character, which I think are more numerous and more obvious than his flaws. Among the Jin Yong protagonists, he's probably the nicest guy. He also did more good for the other characters in his story than most other protagonists do for the other characters in their stories. The criticism he gets seems too much (to me) compared to his many virtues.

So here it is...we celebrate the greatness of that mooncake NON-inventor, Cheung Mo Gei.

dont we have a defend ZWJ thread? Also, I think only the people here hate zwj. i've seen him liked more in other places, mainly random chinese websites. the people here seem to hate all aspects of him (martial arts, his deeds, etc).
    Last edited by person135; 09-30-09 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    dont we have a defend ZWJ thread?
    That (like the subject himself) is too passive and defensive. The objective of these "glorification threads" is to actively and aggressively promote the subjects' virtues.

lol in that case lets celebrate zwj, the guy with the highest internal of the condor trilogy and one of the top internals in JY books, and the guy who gets the crap beaten out of him because he sucks at fighting when he has very good martial arts, and the super pacifist

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    ...because he needs one badly, MUCH more than even Gwok Jing does.

......**for reasons that I'll never fully understand, this guy is not among the favorite Jin Yong protagonists...................................... .......**I can kind of see where that comes from, but critics of the character seem to always overlook the *great* qualities of this character, which I think are more numerous and more obvious than his flaws............................................. .....**He also did more good for the other characters in his story than most other protagonists do for the other characters in their stories. The criticism he gets seems too much (to me) compared to his many virtues........

Take out those lines** written of Zwj and his personal attributes , one can almost start to think Ken has finally recognisingly written a long overdue Yangguo glorification thread if there ever was one that was earnestly written not for official coverage. Can be reused as a template the day Ken decides to do one for Yg.

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    Take out those lines** written of Zwj and his personal attributes , one can almost start to think Ken has finally recognisingly written a long overdue Yangguo glorification thread if there ever was one that was earnestly written not for official coverage. Can be reused as a template the day Ken decides to do one for Yg.
    *I* certainly won't be starting any Yeung Gor glorification thread. If there's one protagonist who *doesn't* need a glorification thread, it's Yeung Gor (he's overly glorified already). If you want to see one, you're going to have to take the initiative to start it on your own because I'm certainly not starting one for him.

Zhang Wuji not only built his internal from scratch, he had to start from a mortally wounded state and he spent long years of hermitage developing it. No kinds of special boosts for Wuji, just many years of hard work.

Zhang Wuji - Playing your women and pimpin' your cults through different dynasties. Eat that Yang Guo

lol ZWJ is kinda a pimp though lol. GJ got 2 girls, YG got 3, but ZWJ got 4. and ZWJ didn't even really do anytihng to please the girls lol

Yang Guo could have gotten 4. But he remained loyal to THE ONE, and not like Zhang "every girl I see, my feelings gravitate towards her" Wuji. Have you guys counted the # of times he said "I want to be with you and only you?" He said the same thing to 4 or 5 different girls.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

who are the four that YG could have gotten with then? I only recall 3 girls ever liking him, 4 if you count guo fu.

zwj didn't gravitate towards every girl he saw. he only started thinking about his feelings towards them when they started asking him who was the one dearest to him. he never loved all 4 girls, and the only "gravitating" he did was trying to treat each girl well without hurting their feelings, and not the "gravitating" you're refering to.

Lu Wushang, Cheng Ying, XLN, Guo Fu, Guo Xiang(=O), Gongsun Zhi's daughter. :OO

not guo xiang. that's sick..
    i forgot about gsz's daughter. and as for guo fu, she didn't like yg.

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    as for guo fu, she didn't like yg.
    She did.

<just to make this long>
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yang Guo could have gotten 4. But he remained loyal to THE ONE, and not like Zhang "every girl I see, my feelings gravitate towards her" Wuji. Have you guys counted the # of times he said "I want to be with you and only you?" He said the same thing to 4 or 5 different girls.
    That's exactly why ZWJ is a better guy. Thanks for proving the point.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

she did, but doesn't anymore, because YG turned her off, which he did on purpose. therefore she doesn't count anymore.

A glorification thread on ZWJ and the discussion still drift over toward YG. The love for this guy is immense

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    A glorification thread on ZWJ and the discussion still drift over toward YG. The love for this guy is immense
    Not only that. This thread has also turned into ZWJ bashing thread. Poor guy.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-02-09 at 12:55 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Not only that. This thread has also turn into ZWJ bashing thread. Poor guy.
    I know. Get ON TOPIC, people.

Dennis had the right idea. Follow his lead.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Not only that. This thread has also turn into ZWJ bashing thread. Poor guy.
    I don't think so. A guy who has something good going for himself will always have many haters. Most things people hate about ZWJ tend to be things they're jealous of. Things people praise about Yang Guo tend to be "good for him! phew, glad I'm not that bugger" stuff.

I've said it before: there are two types of ZWJ haters - women who want a top guy like him (leader of the world, strongest, most intelligent man, kind-hearted etc.) but realise that they can't beat the competitions, and guys who secretly want to be him but realise that they aren't good enough.

You can say "poor guy/girl" to characters that people are indifferent about.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."