Thread: TVB Parodies You've Noticed

Default TVB Parodies You've Noticed

What are some famous parodies you've noticed in TVB series?

Being a Wong Kar Wai fan, I've noticed TVB has made many parodies in reference to his movie "2046".

A lot of times when a man is involved in some sort of scandalous relationship, it usually takes place in hotel room #2046. For instance:

-In VOH2, Bondy Chui (I believe) caught a couple having an affair in room 2046 (or she thought her husband was having an affair with a woman in the room, I can't remember).
    -In DIE, Roger thought his sister was tricked by a man into sleeping with her in room 2046, when she was actually secretly seeing his co-worker in the adjacent room 2047 (which is conveniently the room # in which Tony Leung's character took refuge in "2046").
    -In You're Hired, Dayo Wong whispers his secret into a hole in a tree, a theme which had originated in WKW's "In the Mood for Love", and revisited extensively in its "2046" sequel.
    -In another "You're Hired" episode, Charmaine and Dayo recreate a scene played by Faye Wong and Takuya Kimura in "2046" where the former acts as a tree so the latter could reveal his secret.

Then of course there are the famous "Matrix" bullet dodging parody scenes that are so widely used, they're probably not worth mentioning.

I also remember there being an "Infernal Affair" parody wherein the two characters face-off on the roof, but I can't recall exactly which TVB series it was in.

Rm 2046 was also the room in which Wayne and Florence had an affair in within Ben's (Geoffrey Wong) daydream for "Off Pedder".
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

WoW i never realised these small intricate details. Hmm.. ive only seen DIE from the ones you mentioned.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

I'm a Wong Kar Wai fan too. It's been awhile but I seem to remember a parody or joke in Burning Flame about Happy Together.