Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 NBA Season

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee View Post
    diesel out for 2months...this is bad news for cavs...
    They'll survive. They aren't depending on Shaq for regular season wins anyway.

ya....that's the problem...they still need to get him aquainted with jamison.....more troubling is mike browns player rotations.....dont know how long it will take brown to figure it out. He's the type of coach that will bench a player for 7-8 games and then play him 40 min the next....also he makes some of the worse possible lineups at times....

cavs actually play better against most teams without z or shaq because they are quite deep and athletic....and shaq clogs up the lane for bron and can be a liability to on defense depending on the team. They most likely will not need shaq until the ECF and finals when they play the magic and lakers....but he will be back latest mid second round, and playoffs is not exactly the best time for them to work shaq back into the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    lol....

btw do u still think melo is better than dirk? c'mon now
    Sure do....although Dirk is very, very good I can't see putting him in front of Melo, Kobe, Lebron, and DWade, until he learns how to score outside AND inside.

ya....that's the problem...they still need to get him aquainted with jamison.....more troubling is mike browns player rotations.....dont know how long it will take brown to figure it out. He's the type of coach that will bench a player for 7-8 games and then play him 40 min the next....also he makes some of the worse possible lineups at times....

cavs actually play better against most teams without z or shaq because they are quite deep and athletic....and shaq clogs up the lane for bron and can be a liability to on defense depending on the team. They most likely will not need shaq until the ECF and finals when they play the magic and lakers....but he will be back latest mid second round, and playoffs is not exactly the best time for them to work shaq back into the line up.
    J.J. needs more minutes, and I'm not just saying that cuz he went to my alma mater. Really, I'm not.

Hickson is a talent, but not very consistent. If he develops an outside jumper and sticks with bron he can be 18pt 8 rb type of guy in the future...

good god...someone other than bryant needs to start stepping up...if La keeps playing like this, there's no way they'll get past denver/mavs in the second round...

good god...someone other than bryant needs to start stepping up...if La keeps playing like this, there's no way they'll get past denver/mavs in the second round...
    maybe "law of averages" will say that if they play like crap for the next 20 games, then they'll all play like superstars the 20 games after that

A shoutout to Allen Iverson for going through some difficult times. Wish you and all your family all the best and i guess including your wife too.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Regular season ended...time for the REAL season to begin

wow @ the bucks. OKC too, but I don't see them winning the series.
    as expected miami showed how much a 1 man band it is. Makes you wonder how they even got to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    as expected miami showed how much a 1 man band it is. Makes you wonder how they even got to the playoffs.
    b/c the rest of the east sucks even more? seriously, who else in the east should've qualified for the playoffs? maybe toronto, but they're no better than miami. but seriously, eveyone in the east from #5 down should be lottery teams
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 04-29-10 at 09:00 AM.

Well, KChill...looks like the next big Lakers/Nuggets playoff showdown is going to just have to wait until another season. The Jazz sank the Nuggets tonight, and the Lakers are moving on to play those same Jazz.

To be fair to the Nuggets, they've been missing their real coach during the past month or so. Hope Coach Karl recovers and is back full time with the team next year. He's always seemed a nice guy and has had some success as a coach. He might have made a difference in the first round outcome, at least.

The Lakers probably prefer the Jazz to the Nuggets as second round opponents, but if the Jazz can take the Nuggets down, they pose a threat to the Lakers too. The Lakers have matched up well against the Jazz in recent seasons, and the Jazz are down several key players, but Deron Williams is playing the best ball of his life, so we're going to have to see...

Coming into the playoffs, everybody thought the Nuggets and Mavericks posed the biggest threat to the Lakers in the west. Ironically, whatever happens from here on out, the Lakers won't be seeing those two teams anymore this season.

Thank god for that lol.....I was getting nervous watching last nights game....Durant still young and that team in general is still too young..they got a great team and if they can keep that core together they can become a championship caliber team (but then again that's what i thought about the blazers last year). Lakers still not playing to the best of their potential. Now at least they got until the finals to get things together. Should be seeing the cavs there unless wince carter overcomes his yearly menstrual cramps....which i doubt...

ya, i feel bad for karl. He's a great coach and seems like a great guy...it was touching hearing brooks story yesterday.....

Durant still young and that team in general is still too young..they got a great team and if they can keep that core together they can become a championship caliber team
    They're about a big guy away. They need a big guy.

(but then again that's what i thought about the blazers last year).
    They're about a big guy away. They need a big guy. They've *got* him, but he keeps getting hurt.

Bye bye Lebronze, maybe next year haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Bye bye Lebronze, maybe next year haha!
    Lebron needs another city and another team. The Cleveland Cavaliers just can't build a winner around him.

I know this sounds insane, but maybe...the Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Lebron needs another city and another team. The Cleveland Cavaliers just can't build a winner around him.

would a new team really do that much better? cleveland has pretty much done everything they can outside of trading for dwight howard and chris paul. would he really be more successful elseplace? it's a 50/50 chance IMO.

plus, the clippers are curse anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    would a new team really do that much better? cleveland has pretty much done everything they can outside of trading for dwight howard and chris paul. would he really be more successful elseplace? it's a 50/50 chance IMO.
    Yeah...frankly, Lebron's supporting casts in Cleveland have not really been that good. You look at that team roster and you think they have a powerhouse, but most of that roster is either washed up (e.g. Shaq, Jamison) or unproven in pressure situations (Mo Williams). The Cavaliers are kind of like the Eastern Conference version of the Mavericks (and if things don't change soon, Lebron is going to get a reputation as being the Eastern Conference version of Dirk Nowitski).

plus, the clippers are curse anyway :P
    Yeah, I know...but a lineup of Lebron, Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, and Blake Griffin...tell me it doesn't make your mouth water.

Staples Center would officially become the most dangerous place to play basketball between a Lebron-led Clippers team and a Kobe-led Lakers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

Cmon, they had the best season record for 2 years straight. No more excuses for Lebron, he just couldn't live up to his hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Cmon, they had the best season record for 2 years straight. No more excuses for Lebron, he just couldn't live up to his hype.
    He had a triple-double (but nine turnovers too, which *really* killed the Cavs), so statistically, there isn't much more he can personally do to push the Cavs over the top. Really, when you take away Lebron from the Cavs, they do kind of suck as a team. That's what the Celtics exposed (as did the Orlando Magic a year earlier).

Lebron needs a "Scottie Pippen/Pau Gasol;" none of those jokers on the Cavs roster really fit the bill.