Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MMA Discussion

Amazing performance by Mr. Jones.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Ya, amazing performance by jones. I was really hoping shogun would win, but jones has been walking through guys with his ground game..and shogun has some terrible takedown defense. I hope he can still come back stronger...he looked a little pudgy and i cant help but think he was outta shape and because of his surgery.

I dont see rashad beating Jones..I don't think anyone at 205 can challenge him. Machida would be interesting though....at some point jones will most likely need to move to heavy weight.

Ya trieu..i thought Jones seemed to get a bit cocky when he got the title shot, but i'm a little biased because im a pretty big shogun fan.

I don't know. What Jones does isn't really so absurd compared to many other fighters. I think it's borderline arrogance, but it's mainly confidence. You have to believe you're gonna win, if he won he becomes champ, so he wants to say he will become champion. If he decides to withhold that, he lets a bit of doubt enter. Better to be slightly overconfident than the other way around.

Though to his credit, Shogun didn't even hurt him. It ain't arrogance if it's true.

Rashad doesn't have a chance. I think the Light Heavy weight belt will finally be defended and stable for once now ever since Chuck. It hasn't been defended in years. I think Jones will keep it for a very long time.

Shame about Crocop though.

Ya, its a fine line between arrogance and confidence. I think my issue with Jones is that he plays that super humble, mr.perfect/respectful martial artist character...and then he goes out and compares himself to ali, says how he will destroy shogun, proclaims himself as champ before he wins belt ect ect...It's kind of like Anderson Silva where he plays this super nice humble guy and then goes in the octagon and acts like a clown.

There are guys like Faber, Edgar, Fedor, Pacquiao, big nog ect... who are truly humble yet confident fighters and you dont get that impression of arrogance that you get from jones...

My favorite boxer of all time was RJJ and he was by no means humble, but he didnt try and go out and pretend to be humble either. Anyways, regardless of how I feel, the guy is an amazing talent and I dont see anyone beating him for a long time...

Ya, =(....crocop was never the same fighter he was in Pride and the level of competition these days is very high. When a fighter loses the will mentally its pretty much over. Cropcop was 32 and already had around 50 fights between Pride and K1 when he won the open weight grand prix. If the Fertittas/UFC did not throw a bunch of money at him, he most likely would have retired. Even for this fight, he had an interview with Fighters Only and there was a part where he was explaining why fighters lose the will to fight and retire and he kept relating it back to himself. I hope he retires now...the man is a legend and has nothing left to prove.

Jones is also really young, not hard to see it getting to his head. Maybe he'll grow into his shoes with time. Jose Aldo on the other hand. Realy young and all class. Hard to imagine someone who fights so viciously, be so happly go lucky and carefree.

Ya, for sure! Huge fan of Aldo...he has an almost child like innocence to him, his personality and fighting style are complete opposites! Have you seen the vid where Aldo is buying his first suit and he cant stop laughing while he's trying on the suits? funniest video ever hahah!

Aldo is the MAN! War Aldo!!!
    I’m beggin you please, give us one more try
    You know we were so good together
    Girl I need a kiss
    Not a kiss goodbye
    A memory, now and ’til forever

UFC 129 will be here in Toronto. This is the biggest event in UFC history.
    If GSP beats Jake Shields and Mark Hominick beats Jose Aldo, we will have 2 Canadian Champions in UFC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_129

Jose Aldo lose? Hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Jose Aldo lose? Hahahahahahaha
    Why not??? I agree Jose Aldo has higher probability of winning than Mark Hominick but he sure can lose in a fight. In fact, he lost a fight few years ago.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Aldo

Of course there are no fighters that are unbeatable. Any fighter can be beat in any given day. Probability is the key point. Anyways, my predictions are GSP, Aldo, Machida, and Henderson.
    I’m beggin you please, give us one more try
    You know we were so good together
    Girl I need a kiss
    Not a kiss goodbye
    A memory, now and ’til forever

GSP has been very boring for like his last 4 fights. I mean his technique is second to none but very boring. Well, I guess his only goal now is winning and exciting fight is no longer important. It's totally understandable since he is the champion so he doesn't want to take any risk at all. I bet he will beat Nick Diaz in his upcoming fight but in a very boring way. I watched UFC 129 at the bar. People cheered for Mark Hominick the whole time even though he lost the fight. He fought an exciting fight that won him many many fans. On the other hand, people boozed during GSP's fight. Even though he won, he lost many many fans. Many of MMA fans that I know, including myself, no longer care about GSP fight anymore. Yeah, he is among the greatest fighter, but to bad that he is so boring. As for me, I am looking toward Mark Hominick fight in the future.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-16-11 at 10:05 PM.

Wow, GSP got paid $4-$5 million per fight.
    http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...ges-st-pierre/

I thought UFC fighters get pay way less than that but only a very few that make money like GSP. I still think it's not worth it to be a MMA fighter

Did any of you watch UFC 150?
    I did and I feel sorry for Frankie Edgar. He clearly won the fight and got rob by two of the three judges
    He got robbed by the judges just like Many Pacquiao in boxing.

I felt he was robbed in both first and second fight..

Anybody thinks Brck Lesnar will return to UFC? He was indeed the biggest draw of the sport winning or losing. Bork Laser top out the most for some reasons.
    Last edited by SweetSourSalt; 01-03-13 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoki View Post
    I felt he was robbed in both first and second fight..
    It's good that Benson Henderson is no longer the lightweight champion. Anthony Pettis beat him fair and square.

so is silva done?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    so is silva done?
    No, he will be back. Before the Weidman rematch, Silva said he will continue fighting regardless of win or loss. Even if the UFC releases him, Silva would not have any problem finding another promotion. Also, BJ Penn is back. He will fight Edgar again this year. Good luck to him, I hope for BJ win.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    No, he will be back. Before the Weidman rematch, Silva said he will continue fighting regardless of win or loss. Even if the UFC releases him, Silva would not have any problem finding another promotion. Also, BJ Penn is back. He will fight Edgar again this year. Good luck to him, I hope for BJ win.
    he can fight with a metal rod in his leg? he hsould jsut call it quits, he had a great career, prob GOAT
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!