Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MMA Discussion

I wouldn't mind seeing Diaz versus GSP, Post-UFC Nick is such a sick fighter. Btw what's the next major fight card & when is it happening?

UFC 109 is on the weekend. But that card is pretty lame.
    UFC 110 in Sydney is where I'll be watching live. It's got a much better card, like the Pride Reunion, Wanderlei, Noguera, Crocop.

Nick's pretty good....but GSP would kill him standing or on the ground. I don't think that he's a top tier guy along with alves, fitch..ect (and gsp dominated both of them) and even guys like koscheck ,daley ect..would probably beat him handidly ...i dont think he should be calling out gsp at this point.

geasers at ceasears is the next big card coming up (sat) . Not the greatest card in the world but trigg sera should be intresting with all the smack talk goin back and forth. Mardquert and sonnen should be decent as well...think maia is fighting as well.

shite man...that's pretty sick.....im hoping someday they do ufc card in west coast canada....im hearing talk about a vancouver card...but we'll see.....

I ****ing hate Canadians.

Australia would have set a bunch of records. Like quickest sold out, most attended and everything if it wasn't for you damn Canadians and your first UFC card having freaking GSP challenging Serra.
    I wanna see GSP live. I wanna get a GSP bandana =[

But all in all, UFC 110 should be a nice card. MMA is illegal in certain parts of Canada though right? Hopefully not where you're at.

I was watching Inside MMA the other day. The American Boxing Commission should pull their head out of their asses. Those cock suckers are slowing down MMA bad.
    Last edited by Banh Mi; 02-05-10 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post

Australia would have set a bunch of records. Like quickest sold out, most attended and everything if it wasn't for you damn Canadians and your first UFC card having freaking GSP challenging Serra.

But all in all, UFC 110 should be a nice card. MMA is illegal in certain parts of Canada though right? Hopefully not where you're at.

I was watching Inside MMA the other day. The American Boxing Commission should pull their head out of their asses. Those cock suckers are slowing down MMA bad.

Unfortunately MMA is still illegal in Ontario so I won't be seeing anyone fighting anytime soon. The 110 card sounds pretty sick, Big Nog is fighting Velasquez right, hope he wins.

Yeah, Nog's shot at a title is long overdue.

Geez UFC 109...does anyone here still remember UFC1? Royce Gracie? Ken Shamrock? Ron Van Cliff?

Actually I was browsing through the channels & I saw an UFC Unleashed episode dedicated to Royce and his earlier fights. Gotta love the old anything goes rules.

Hahaha....ya the crowd was goin nuts...I remember Serra saying that the cage was vibrating from all the boos lol...u guys got 2 step ur game up if you want 2 compete ....

The card is goin 2 be 2 sick...huge wanderlei since bak in the pride days wen he was killin every1...and love nog as well...actually cheering 4 crocop 2 ....

Absolutely shocked that Sonnen won....the guy talks some serious smack...so I was hoping mardquart would kill him...but Sonnen absolutely dominated him for all but one min of the third round...

Actually IMO Sonnen (R) has a better chance of beating Silva than Mardquart with his wrestling, he can grind out a decision provided he doesn't get subbed.

ya, absolutely shocked at how good sonnen's wrestling is. I missed his fight with okami and the
    only other fight i've seen with him was when maia subbed him...so got 2 say i was pretty impressed.

vitor is out.....wonder if sonnen has enough time 2 recover and take the fight??

Shame...the Abu Dhabi card just wouldn't be the same without Belfort, even if Penn is fighting as well.

UFC 110 tomorrow, I'm getting ready to leave for Sydney.

Ugh....hardest fight for me to watch to date ..........worst than the Mir TKO.

Sick card...aussie crowd was hype.

Surprised by george..not even goin to try and pronounce his last name...but he handled Stevenson with ease.

Wand and Crocop won so i'm happy...but...hated that Nog got flattened like that....I really wanted him to win the UFC belt before retiring(real one). I think his iron chin is gone ...and he's reflexes have definitely slowed. ....im hopin either carwin or valesquez end up with the belt after this...heavy tournament thing plays it self out.

Well after this loss as much as it pains me to say it but Nog will no longer be relevant in the title picture again, perhaps Junior Dos Santos will become his successor at HW. Crocop won't be going anywhere in his career at this point either, maybe they'll set up a rematch between him & Nog somewhere down the road, for the last fight in their careers.

UFC 111 last week, what was everyone's impression?

GSP vs Dan Hardy
    Dan Hearty has heart. I was expecting GSP to finish, and I thought he would have those 2 times. Can't fault GSP for not finishing though, he tried so hard the last 3 rounds.
    Hardy definitely impressed me after all the smack he's been talking, but GSP did make a number of technical mistakes that enabled Hardy to escape. Some of these might be forgivable considering that Hardy was most likely struggling and crisp technique doesn't happen against someone going berserk.

1. For the armbar, GSP's hips were too far out, he didn't elevate his hips. You can either cross your feet, or uncross them but you have to squeeze your knees together and keep it tight. GSP chose to cross his feet, but he let Hardy pry them open and escape. Also, Hardy's wrist was not properly aligned near the end of that armbar.
    2. The Kimura, GSP didn't keep his knees together to stop Hardy from circling with the kimura. The arm was also near straight until the end. If GSP had just tightened up, he most likely would have finished.

GSP was pretty much running a wrestling seminar for that fight.

Carwin vs Mir
    YES! This is exactly what I wanted to happen. Carwin now gets a shot at Lesnar. Though what's with Lesnar telling him he has a fake belt, when it was Lesnar who pulled out of their last fight. Late stoppage on the ref, but I'm not losing sleep over Mir getting the broken face he deserves.

Rousimar Palhares vs Tomasz Drwal
    Wicked heelhook, perfect punishment for slipping on the canvas.

Ok, this is the main discussion I want to have:
    Do you guys feel Palhares was out of line?
    He received a 90 day suspension for that. Which means almost nothing, but still.

Most people's gripe with Palhares is because:
    1. The heel hook is dangerous
    2. He held on after the tap
    3. His camp has a history of doing it
    4. Some think it was done out of malice but not Babalu level

Joe Rogan was being an idiot, couting during the slow motion replay.
    I believe Palhares is right in doing what he did. It's the ref's job to stop the fight. Palhares didn't hold on any longer after the ref jumped in.
    Refs have to be more on point, and make a habit of tackling fighters and jumping in to make clear the fight is over.

Lesnar Vs Carwin will be held on July 3, 2010 i Vegas. I think Lesnar is going to win. I think Lesnar has a 60-70% of winning.

^Why do you think Lesnar has such a high chance of winning...?

Disappointed that alves fitch did not happen, but now it looks like it will happen in Vancouver card..

I don't understand the backlash against GSP. Alot of people are comparing him to Mayweather, which is BS because St.Pierre went for the finish on numerous occasions...a couple of technical mistakes cost him the finish, but overall he thoroughly dominated Hardy.

So glad Carwin won. I was sick of Mirs trash talking. Hoping Carwin smashes lesnar now too.

Anyone catch Gomi-Florian. Florian made Gomi look like an amatuer...I swear Gomi came into the fight with no gameplan..he was just looking for the one punch KO. Florian's boxing looks worlds better than in the past, he's standup is more boxing now rather then MT. I don't know if Gomi is just past his prime, or wether the mma world has evolved and Gomi has fallen behind since the days he was dominating in pride...but he has not looked good in the last 3 years.