Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MMA Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ho_Nam View Post
    Cung Le is a joke if we're talking MMA. He really needs to work on his ground game and also his striking and a lot of it.

The person that you all should look into is Jose Aldo. I think he is the next big thing!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cung_Le
    Please look at his record in MMA. His record is 7 wins, 1 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cung_Le
    Please look at his record in MMA. His record is 7 wins, 1 loss.
    Yes, I'm well aware of his MMA record but seriously take a look at his opponents. The one that I give credit to that he fought was Frank Shamrock but we all know that Frank Shamrock is old and is not the same. Plus, I truely believe that he didn't take Cung serious and he didn't give his 100% when he fought Cung which resulted in lost to Cung Le.

Trust me, I'm not discrediting his talent and skills in anyway. I'm Vietnamese myself and I really want him to be known. But reality is that he really really really needs to work ground game, cardio, and strikes instead of relying on his flashy yet powerful kicks. Once he got all that techniques and skills under his belt then I will consider him a legit contender.
    I’m beggin you please, give us one more try
    You know we were so good together
    Girl I need a kiss
    Not a kiss goodbye
    A memory, now and ’til forever

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Jose Aldo already IS a big thing, along with Jon Bones Jones.
    Cung Le has been working on his ground game, mostly in the way of submission escapes and he comes from a collegiate wrestling background.
    Yes, Jose Aldo and Jon Jones are big but not BIG. Not GSP big, not Brock Lesnar big, not Shogun big and so on. You get my drift.

I'm glad that he has been working on his ground game but he definitely needs more work.
    Girl I need a kiss
    Not a kiss goodbye

Yes, Jose Aldo and Jon Jones are big but not BIG. Not GSP big, not Brock Lesnar big, not Shogun big and so on. You get my drift.

I'm glad that he has been working on his ground game but he definitely needs more work.
    Granted, they're not that big because Aldo is in the WEC. The smaller guys don't get as much publicity. Jones is big, anyone that knows anything about American MMA knows the name of Jon Jones. He may not have had high profile fights yet. But he is big in the MMA community. He'll get hyped when he fights stronger guys, but that's superficial.

As for Cung Le and working on ground game. It's not something you can just get good at if you live and breathe it for 6 months. BJJ skills take years to hone unless you are a prodigy, and even then, that will cost you atleast 3 years to be recognised as bad ***. You are being a bit unrealistic with your expectations of his ground game. He handled himself well so far, doesn't really get taken down by the few opponents that he's fought. It might take a few losses to decide where his game needs most adjustment.

Velasquez is a great fighter. He recovers fast when he got hit and he is good on the ground. He beat up Cheick Kongo very badly on UFC 99 mainly on the ground. However, he is no where close to Brock Lesnar. He should refuse to fight Brock Lesnar. It's better to go after those new comers who are lack of skills and experience. Good luck to him.
    Valesquez has a pretty good shot. Yes, there is a huge size advantage for Lesnar but, Valesquez has been wrestling against 260+ pound guys since college...and like Lesnar he's also a NCAA Div one champ. Anyways, Couture proved that a little guy can still scramble and keep Lesnar off. I can see Valuequez winning a decesion with his far more technical and superior stand up and conditioning.

Not even going to comment on the latter part of your statement...cain would prob slap you for even making the suggestion....lol
    Last edited by JoeLee; 08-14-10 at 03:32 PM.

Yes, I'm well aware of his MMA record but seriously take a look at his opponents. The one that I give credit to that he fought was Frank Shamrock but we all know that Frank Shamrock is old and is not the same. Plus, I truely believe that he didn't take Cung serious and he didn't give his 100% when he fought Cung which resulted in lost to Cung Le.

Trust me, I'm not discrediting his talent and skills in anyway. I'm Vietnamese myself and I really want him to be known. But reality is that he really really really needs to work ground game, cardio, and strikes instead of relying on his flashy yet powerful kicks. Once he got all that techniques and skills under his belt then I will consider him a legit contender.
    I praise the guy for his awesome record, not his race nor nationality. The guy has a record of 7 wins, 1 loss in MMA and undefeated in dozens of other fights. I think he would have hard time if he fights great fighters like GSP or Anderson Silva, but he would have a good chance against other average fighters of the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee View Post
    Not even going to comment on the latter part of your statement...cain would prob slap you for even making the suggestion....lol
    He might thanks me for the good advice.

Granted, they're not that big because Aldo is in the WEC. The smaller guys don't get as much publicity. Jones is big, anyone that knows anything about American MMA knows the name of Jon Jones. He may not have had high profile fights yet. But he is big in the MMA community. He'll get hyped when he fights stronger guys, but that's superficial.

As for Cung Le and working on ground game. It's not something you can just get good at if you live and breathe it for 6 months. BJJ skills take years to hone unless you are a prodigy, and even then, that will cost you atleast 3 years to be recognised as bad ***. You are being a bit unrealistic with your expectations of his ground game. He handled himself well so far, doesn't really get taken down by the few opponents that he's fought. It might take a few losses to decide where his game needs most adjustment.
    I don't expect anything from Cung Le. My whole point is that I don't think Cung Le is a true MMA fighter. He is a TRUE Sanshou fighter. For him to be considered as a true MMA fighter then he needs to work on his striking, take down, and ground game period!
    Girl I need a kiss
    Not a kiss goodbye

I praise the guy for his awesome record, not his race nor nationality. The guy has a record of 7 wins, 1 loss in MMA and undefeated in dozens of other fights. I think he would have hard time if he fights great fighters like GSP or Anderson Silva, but he would have a good chance against other average fighters of the UFC.

He might thanks me for the good advice.
    I disagree, I think Cung does have a chance against other average fighters of the UFC but not a good chance as of right now.
    Girl I need a kiss
    Not a kiss goodbye

wow im surprised theres no discussion about silva's recent "victory" lol

i think sonnen exposed silva, a wrestler w/ long reach is the key to beat silva
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    wow im surprised theres no discussion about silva's recent "victory" lol

i think sonnen exposed silva, a wrestler w/ long reach is the key to beat silva
    It was a surprised win. Anderson Silva for sure took more damage than his opponent Sonnen just like Lesnar took more damage than Carwin.

I bet BJ Penn will win over Edgar.

Default Zuffa's 1st Chinese fighter to make Sept. 30 debut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Tie_Quan

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...nese-fighter/1
    The first mixed martial artist from China to sign with a major U.S. organization will make his World Extreme Cagefighting debut later this month.
    Tiequan Zhang (11-0) will face lightweight Alex Karalexis on the undercard of WEC's Sept. 30 in Broomfield, Colo., the promotion said today. All of Zhang's fights to date have been in Asia, largely in his native China for the Art of War Fighting Championship.
    Zhang's signing was announced last week by Zuffa.
    He's a comfortable grappler. Submissions accounted for eight of his wins, using a different hold each time.
    Zuffa, the parent of WEC and the Ultimate Fighting Championship, has big plans for China. UFC recently hired former NBA executive Mark Fischer to open an office in the country and hopes to work with the China National Wushu Federation to find talent.
    T'he company said it sold a 10% stake to Abu Dhabi's government this year partly because of the Middle Eastern state's contacts in the Chinese market. Earlier this year, UFC started live online broadcasting of its events on Sohu.com, one of China's largest Web portals.

I bet BJ Penn will win over Edgar.
    I hope you didn't lose money.

I hope you didn't lose money.
    I never bet money on MMA. Never had and probably never will.

nice guillotine choke, lol the white guy was so inexperienced tho..... either that or gave 0 respect to the zhang.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    nice guillotine choke, lol the white guy was so inexperienced tho..... either that or gave 0 respect to the zhang.
    The white guy is Pablo Garza who had a perfect record of 9-0 before the fight whereas Zhang Tie Quan had a perfect record of 11-0 before the fight. They are not inexperienced fighters though.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Garza_(fighter)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiequan_Zhang

Did anyone catch Jose Aldo? What a beast. A totally classy beast.

ya...it's going to be difficult to beat that guy. He reminds me so much of Anderson Silva minus the arrogance.

He is aggression on steroids.