Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MMA Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    lol are u sure u werent just asian biased? b/c machida and page was a close fight imo
    Race card again??
    Did you watch the fight?? If not, please watch it before pulling your race card. All the fans screamed BS after the decision. Even Joe Rogan said nam should have won all 3 rounds. All the MMA websites also believe Nam won the fight out right. Regarding the fight between Machida and Rampage, I thought Machida won the fight too but not as big margin as Nam. I just hate those Judges. MMA should replace those judges with MMA veterans who have more knowledge about MMA.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 12-06-10 at 12:04 AM.

lol are u sure u werent just asian biased? b/c machida and page was a close fight imo
    Machida was whooping more *** in the last round, than anything that happened in the first or second round. The judging system is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Race card again??
    Did you watch the fight?? If not, please watch it before pulling your race card. All the fans screamed BS after the decision. Even Joe Rogan said nam should have won all 3 rounds. All the MMA websites also believe Nam won the fight out right. Regarding the fight between Machida and Rampage, I thought Machida won the fight too but not as big margin as Nam. I just hate those Judges. MMA should replace those judges with MMA veterans who have more knowledge about MMA.
    i already said what i saw. i saw the whole fight. round 1 was a toss up. round 2 was clearly rampage. round 3 machida shoulda scored 10-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Machida was whooping more *** in the last round, than anything that happened in the first or second round. The judging system is flawed.
    i agree, i said that earlier in my post. but machida was dodging the first 2 rounds.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

i already said what i saw. i saw the whole fight. round 1 was a toss up. round 2 was clearly rampage. round 3 machida shoulda scored 10-8.
    i agree, i said that earlier in my post. but machida was dodging the first 2 rounds.
    Did you watch Nam Phan and Garcia fight??
    If not, then you should put your race card away. Are you a member of the NAACP?? Do you follow people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson??

Did you watch Nam Phan and Garcia fight??
    If not, then you should put your race card away. Are you a member of the NAACP?? Do you follow people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson??
    didnt watch that fight, but u just seem to think asians are always the best etc (bj penn, machida, nam phan, cung le, etc)

didnt watch that fight, but u just seem to think asians are always the best etc (bj penn, machida, nam phan, cung le, etc)
    I praise them for their record, not race. Cung Le has a very good record and I only praise Nam Phan for the recent fight, not his entire career. I am pretty neutral toward Nam. As for BJ Penn, he is a legend. He was a former champion of both lightweight and welterweight classes and he is not really asian. I think machida is a great fighter but pretty neutral toward him and he is not really asian. I also like fighters like GSP, Matt Hughes, Brock Lesnar, Forest Griffin, Shogun, Anderson Silva, Frank Mir, Shane Carwin, Jon Jones, Cain Velasquez, Chuck Liddell, Chris Leban, ect... who are not asian.

Regarding Nam Phan and Garcia fight, do some research and you will see what I was talking about. Don't raise your race card. It makes you look cheap.

I praise them for their record, not race. Cung Le has a very good record and I only praise Nam Phan for the recent fight, not his entire career. I am pretty neutral toward Nam. As for BJ Penn, he is a legend. He was a former champion of both lightweight and welterweight classes and he is not really asian. I think machida is a great fighter but pretty neutral toward him and he is not really asian. I also like fighters like GSP, Matt Hughes, Brock Lesnar, Forest Griffin, Shogun, Anderson Silva, Frank Mir, Shane Carwin, Jon Jones, Cain Velasquez, Chuck Liddell, Chris Leban, ect... who are not asian.

Regarding Nam Phan and Garcia fight, do some research and you will see what I was talking about. Don't raise your race card. It makes you look cheap.
    well guess its my bad, i apologize bro

just saw the nam and garcia fight. i agree nam definitely won. he had some nice accurate shots and a lot body shot on garcia. all garicia had was that 1 nice shot that opened a cut on nam.

nam do need to improve his agressiveness tho and his takedown defense b/c thats going to make him lose fights in the future

Default UFC is cheap

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ult...oscheck_Finale
    Fighters were awarded $30,000 bonuses.[7]
    Fight of the Night: Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan
    Knockout of the Night: Pablo Garza
    Submission of the Night: Cody McKenzie

=====================-
    The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.[8]
    Jonathan Brookins: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Michael Johnson: $8,000
    Stephan Bonnar: $62,000 ($31,000 win bonus) def. Igor Pokrajac: $10,000
    Demian Maia: $80,000 ($40,000 win bonus) def. Kendall Grove: $28,000
    Rick Story: $26,000 ($13,000 win bonus) def. Johny Hendricks: $22,000
    Leonard Garcia: $32,000 ($16,000 win bonus) def. Nam Phan: $8,000 ^
    Cody McKenzie: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Aaron Wilkinson: $8,000
    Ian Loveland: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Tyler Toner: $3,000
    Kyle Watson: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Sako Chivitchian: $8,000
    Nick Pace: $6,000 ($3,000 win bonus) def. Will Campuzano: $3,000 ~
    Pablo Garza: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Fredson Paixao: $4,000
    David Branch: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Rich Attonito: $8,000
    ^ Phan was also awarded a win bonus[9]
    ~ Pace was fined 20% of his purse for missing the required weight

UFC is cheap. These fighters really sacrifice their livelihoods for pennies and cents.
    It's better to find another job. MMA Fighters deserve much more than that.

You're not a fighter, you have no place giving advice to them on the value of their sacrifices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ult...oscheck_Finale

UFC is cheap. These fighters really sacrifice their livelihoods for pennies and cents.
    It's better to find another job. MMA Fighters deserve much more than that.
    sometimes its not all about pay, especially if its ur hobby

You're not a fighter, you have no place giving advice to them on the value of their sacrifices.
    This is a free world. I have every right to express my opinion and give advices. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant.

This is a free world. I have every right to express my opinion and give advices. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant.
    And I'm exercising my right to point out your ignorance and lack of spine.

I have just secured tickets to UFC 127 on the 27th of Feburary in Sydney. I am pumped. You guys can look out for me way back in the audience.

I have just secured tickets to UFC 127 on the 27th of Feburary in Sydney. I am pumped. You guys can look out for me way back in the audience.
    nice!!! how much did it cost u?

Haha, alot. Going as a group. We bought Silver tickets, which is the second crappest tickets you can get. But from experience earlier this year, I find it the best. I get a close balcony view so I don't have to squint past the cage links. And it's relatively affordable. Only downside is I can't get close to Arriany Celeste and Logan Stanton, and they can't hear my declarations of love over the 50,000 other guys doing the same thing or cat calling.
    Be sure to listen out for the 'Bisping's a Wanker' chant.

Haha, alot. Going as a group. We bought Silver tickets, which is the second crappest tickets you can get. But from experience earlier this year, I find it the best. I get a close balcony view so I don't have to squint past the cage links. And it's relatively affordable. Only downside is I can't get close to Arriany Celeste and Logan Stanton, and they can't hear my declarations of love over the 50,000 other guys doing the same thing or cat calling.
    Be sure to listen out for the 'Bisping's a Wanker' chant.
    hahahahahha i'll be listening fo sho

Tickets have sold out! And it's presale too. Earlier this year, we came second behind the Canadians as the fastest sell out show, but they had GSP headlining the card.
    Then they beat us again a second time around and bumped us down to 3rd, on the BJ/GSP 2 card.
    Hopefully this time, we've shown those bastards who's boss.

Tickets have sold out! And it's presale too. Earlier this year, we came second behind the Canadians as the fastest sell out show, but they had GSP headlining the card.
    Then they beat us again a second time around and bumped us down to 3rd, on the BJ/GSP 2 card.
    Hopefully this time, we've shown those bastards who's boss.
    who u rooting for? penn or fitch

who u rooting for? penn or fitch
    Penn all the way. Who would root for decision Fitch?

When I go to these events, I either wanna see big names or exciting fights. Fitch is neither.
    This whole event is pretty crap compared to 110 earlier this year.

Bisping is a wanker.
    Chris Lytle and Carlos Condit doesn't really stand out for me.
    I'm only looking forward to BJ and George. And BJ's fight has a possibility of being boring with BJ's flat footed counter striking against Decision mode Fitch.

Compared to 110, there was Wanderlei Silva, Crocop, Big Nog, Cain Valasquez, George, Joe Daddy.
    The UFC sold us short this time around. I was even hoping George could get a title shot in Aus. But I guess merging with WEC screwed it up. Maybe they can delay his title shot till the year after.