Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MMA Discussion

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ezpicshare.com/images/kick.gif')

shit any1 see this today?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Cool move. I guess it would be a knock out.
    It doesn't look like coming from UFC.

ya, sick fight lol..amazing knock down.... Caught the gif before the fight unfortunately lol..

Re: trieu

It was not a Ko. Henderson the guy in the black trunks was the former champ for the WEC...so its pretty much the UFC. Petitis, the guy with the crazy kick will be fighting the winner of Edgar/maynard after the merger.

Did anyone watch UFC 125?
    It was a totally BS. Gray Maynard won the fight over Frankie Edgar and the judges gave it a draw.
    Gray Maynard damaged Edgar way more than Edgar damaged him. UFC needs better judges.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 01-02-11 at 02:01 AM.

Ya, it was tough to call. Fights are judged by rounds and not necessarily the amount of damage. No doubt Edgar got a beating of his life in the first and took some hard shots in the third, but maynard's face was a mess after the fight (worse than edgars).

I thought a draw was warranted (8-10,10-9,9-10,10-9,10-9) (edgar)47-47 (maynard). I could definitely understand why some people would score it for Maynard though. First round could have easily been 10-7 and some people may have given the fifth round to maynard as well.

Poor Petistis, but Dana did the right thing by giving gray an immediate title shot.

.....Gomi loss...boo...not sure how hard he trained. He did not look as ripped as he did vs griffin or florian. Looks like he is back to his old habits again? or maybe guida's weird bouncing around really threw him out of rhythm?

Vera vs Silva in a standup war would have been sick...too bad he kept getting taken down...Silva was a bit of disrespectful bastard in the third. And geez...Vera's nose was some nasty shite lol..

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee View Post
    Ya, it was tough to call. Fights are judged by rounds and not necessarily the amount of damage. No doubt Edgar got a beating of his life in the first and took some hard shots in the third, but maynard's face was a mess after the fight (worse than edgars).

I thought a draw was warranted (8-10,10-9,9-10,10-9,10-9) (edgar)47-47 (maynard). I could definitely understand why some people would score it for Maynard though. First round could have easily been 10-7 and some people may have given the fifth round to maynard as well.

Poor Petistis, but Dana did the right thing by giving gray an immediate title shot.

.....Gomi loss...boo...not sure how hard he trained. He did not look as ripped as he did vs griffin or florian. Looks like he is back to his old habits again? or maybe guida's weird bouncing around really threw him out of rhythm?

Vera vs Silva in a standup war would have been sick...too bad he kept getting taken down...Silva was a bit of disrespectful bastard in the third. And geez...Vera's nose was some nasty shite lol..
    While I believe Gray Maynard won the fight by a small margin, Frankie Edgar was impressive. The referee could have called it KO on the first ground but he didn't. I can't believe Edgar came out so strong on the second ground after all the ground an pound. He took nearly 100 punches from Maynard. Yes, Maynard's face was a mess after the fight, but not worse than Edgar. It's no doubt to me that Edgar is way worse than Maynard after the fight. If they have a rematch the next day, I don't think Edgar has a chance.

Yes, Maynard deserves a rematch, the sooner the better. I don't think Edgar can hold on to his champion belt for long. I hope Maynard wins next time. As for Anthony Pettis, too bad for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee View Post

A draw sounded fair. Edgar recovered tremendously and gave it back.
    It's weird seeing Guida be more strategic. Seems like all Greg Jackson fighters play it safe. Guida and Gomi sounded like brilliant match making on paper. But only if they were gonna slug it out.
    I feel bad for Chris Leben, surprised the ref let it go for as long as it went. But justified in that Leben is one hard mother****er, and half the times he got dropped by a leg kick or a body shot.
    I felt Silva was disrespectful at the end of the first round. At the third round, Vera was just surviving and not fighting back, if taunting and mocking him gets him to open up then why not.
    Dong Hyun Kim isn't a popular fighter in the first place and is overlooked. It didn't help his case that he was coasting at the end of the third round instead of trying to finish.

Anyone catch Dynamite? Poor Aoki.

I think both the judges and referee was bias in favor of Edgar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cmx0sJM9I0
    The referee should have stop the fight on the first ground. I have seen lot of fights being stop when the guy was in better situation than Edgar. Maynard damaged Frankie way way more. Hopefully they have a rematch at UFC 129 in Toronto, Canada on April 30, 2011.

Frankie Edgar: Must have nasal fracture cleared by an ear, nose and throat doctor or no contest until 07/01/11; minimum suspension no contest until 03/03/11, no contact until 02/16/11.

Gray Maynard: Suspended until 02/01/11; no contact until 01/23/111 (facial lacerations)
    http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/3/190...for-resolution
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 01-04-11 at 01:45 AM.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    While I believe Gray Maynard won the fight by a small margin, Frankie Edgar was impressive. The referee could have called it KO on the first ground but he didn't. I can't believe Edgar came out so strong on the second ground after all the ground an pound. He took nearly 100 punches from Maynard. Yes, Maynard's face was a mess after the fight, but not worse than Edgar. It's no doubt to me that Edgar is way worse than Maynard after the fight. If they have a rematch the next day, I don't think Edgar has a chance.

Yes, Maynard deserves a rematch, the sooner the better. I don't think Edgar can hold on to his champion belt for long. I hope Maynard wins next time. As for Anthony Pettis, too bad for the guy.
    Ya, no doubt frankie will have a worse headache the next day lol. I was refering to your comment about frankie looking worse than maynard after the fight..which is not true. Frankie had a bleeding nose but no noticble damage while maynards face was a mess.

I agree that the fight could have been stopped but the fact that frankie came back and arguably won three out of the last four proves that not stoppibg the fight was the right call.

The only fair way to solve this is rematch!!!

Re: banh
    Ya, that was shocking.. Sakurai surpised him wit a knee not too long ago as well iirc. Strikeforce HW tourney looks sick..

With a rematch, I hope to god George Sotiroupoulous will get a title shot in Australia next year. Maybe even in Melbourne if that's not asking too much.

It's ironic that Aoki lost in the MMA round. That the only thing stopping Nagashima from winning was that Aoki couldn't shoot into his knee during the K-1 round.

Ya, Sotiroupoulous is sick...i'd watched a couple of his UFC fights, but didnt start really paying attention to him until the stevenson fight. He is definitely a future champ. Petitis mentioned him as one of the contenders he'd like to face now that the title shot is off. Def a fight I would like to watch!

lol...ya the first round was a bit of a joke. When Aoki survived I was thinking k, now its over..next thing you know, Aoki shoots right into a knee and gets pounded out ...

Man, it's been a long time since this thread was alive.

I just got back from Sydney, UFC 127. It was a blast.
    Anyone have any opinions on the fight?
    I reckon the best fights were the Aussie fighters. Ebersole counts as an Aussie since he's been living here for the last few years.
    And what a gun Ebersole is.

A few friends of mine went to UFC127 for the very first time.

They said it was a blast.

And also apparantly there is this Chinese dude who won.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Of all sources, provide a more credible link please.
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

The UFC has indeed bought Strikeforce, the news is everywhere in MMA circles.

Jon Jones Vs Mauricio Rua
    The betting odd is heavily favor Jones. Jones is good but if I have to bet I would bet my money on Rua as he is the current champion.
    I would say it's 50-50 chance of winning for both fighters. However, betting money on Rua makes better economic sense.

What do you think??

When is UFC128?

It will be a interesting fight. They have different fighting styles.
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Tomorrow, on Sunday for us Aussies. Saturday for the Americans.

Jon Jones Vs Mauricio Rua
    The betting odd is heavily favor Jones. Jones is good but if I have to bet I would bet my money on Rua as he is the current champion.
    I would say it's 50-50 chance of winning for both fighters. However, betting money on Rua makes better economic sense.

What do you think??
    There's nothing to indicate that it's 50/50. And favouring one guy just because he's the current champ is equally falacious logic.
    When it comes to picking fighters, you can only go by your bias. I like the way Jones fights. I'm rooting for him. Don't know how well Shogun will handle him, so we'll see.
    Last edited by Banh Mi; 03-18-11 at 11:51 AM.

Jon Jones is good fighter but his behavior suck lately. He is just way too arrogant and disrespectful. He is signing autograph “Jon Jones Champion 2011.” before the fight even began. I used to like him more than Shogun Rua but now I hope Shogun will knock him out cold.