Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Top 5 anime?

I didn't really get into Anime until I was in high school. I missed many classic Anime. Here's my list.

Honey and Clover (I and II)
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Ronin Warriors
    School Rumble
    Genshiken

I've only watched several anime series so I'll just post in order the ones I like best...

1) School Rumble
    2) Golden Boy
    3) Ranma 1/2
    ... shit, I don't remember the other two. LOL
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Hermetic Law of Attraction

Okay - I've been watching quite a few anime series over the last few months, and I want to update my list. I'll still have to put the Dragonballs and Evangelion in the list, though. Of the recent ones I've watched, Nurarihyon no Mago was extremely entertaining, but the anime is as yet incomplete, and so it's hard to rate it as a whole, although Season 1 is definitely top class. Steins; Gate was extremely well done, and provided a complicated plot that somehow manages to resolve itself quite satisfactorily at the end. The characters were also very memorable, and character development was meaningful. Natsume Yuujinchou is another really nice series, although at the end of season 3 it felt a bit like it was dragging - the focus of the plot is slightly different, but the premise of each episode seems the same, and is almost cliched by the end. Nevertheless, it's very poignant, has some very nice light moments, can make you cry and laugh (sometimes at the same time) and will definitely leave you with strong memories. Then comes K-On!, whose Blu-Ray outsold everyone other than Evangelion You are (Not) Alone. Bakemonogatari eventually outsold K-On!, but K-On! had a second season and in total it beat Bakemonogatari. For unadulterated cheerfulness, catchy music, happy-go-lucky school life, and just general feel-good feelings it's hard to beat K-On! The character development of the four (later five) main girls is gradual but as you get to learn more and more about them you really feel how they feel (especially if you have experience of being in any kind of band). That it can make you miss them terribly when the series ends, and make you happily rewatch the series again from the start, just says it all. Then of course, there's Bakemonogatari, which, while probbaly more of an acquired taste than the others, has an amazing wit about it, and can really make you laugh, although at the same time it can equally bore you if you're not into conversation - it's extremely dialogue-heavy, but filled with gems throughout!

My current list (due to K-On! nostalgia) would read:-
    K-On!
    Dragonball
    Dragonball Z
    Steins;Gate
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (the new rebuild movies add even more charm and totally give it a new life)

I watched a lot, and enjoyed a lot of them, here are my fav 5:
    1: The Strike Witches Series
    2: The Pretty Cure Series
    3: Mahou Shojo Lyrical Nanoha Series
    4: The Suzumiya Haruhi Series
    5: A drawl between Galaxy Angel and Freezing
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Junior Member Empty Soul Keeper's Avatar

I think my favourite 5 would be;

Elfen Lied
    Chobits
    Shakugan No Shana
    Kyo Kara Moah!
    Death Note

Default Your Top 5 anime?

Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Family Guy
    South Park are my favorite and top 5 anime........

Not in any particular order:

1) Naruto
    2) Death Note
    3) Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
    4) Rurouni Kenshin
    5) Escaflowne

Trigun
    Slayers
    Street Fighters
    Nodame Cantabile
    Sailormoon =P

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"

Since things have been rather quiet on the wuxia front for me over the past year, here are a few animes which I enjoyed very much during that period. Most of them require no introduction as they're really famous, but for those of us who may not follow anime news much, hopefully this can give you a few ideas on what anime to spend a week or so watching while waiting for that wuxia fix....

Sword Art Online
    ----------------
    The most eagerly awaited Virtual-reality MMORPG has launched, and on the first day 10,000 players are logged on using VR headsets which put the player to sleep and operate directly through interfacing with players' brains. The players are suddenly told that they are not allowed to log out - the logout button is missing from their menus - and that to escape from the world of Aincrad, they have to fight their way up the tower to the 100th floor and defeat the final boss. If they're killed in-game, or if someone tries to remove the gear in the real world, the player will die in real life. Voted the best anime of 2013 (or was it 2012).

Fate Zero
    ---------
    The prequel to Fate Stay Night. The Holy Grail war has begun, and seven magicians summon seven servants to compete for the Holy Grail which will grant a single wish to both master and servant. Saber, Rider, Archer, Berserker, Caster, Lancer and Assassin compete for the prize. I tried very hard not to like this one because being a prequel you know how it will end, but it was done so beautifully that I couldn't resist watching it all the way to the end. They're remaking Fate Stay Night sometime soon too, which is great news as watching the old versions just do not give any closure for the evil which the antagonist does in Fate Zero.....

Senki Zesshou Symphogear (& Senki Zesshou Symphogear G)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The world has been invaded by creatures known as the Noise, whose only purpose seems to be mass destruction. Simple contact with a Noise will turn you to ash, and the only effective defence Earth has against these creatures are relics left behind by heroes and gods of legend. Gungnir - the spear of Odin and Amenohabakiri - the blade of Susanoo are used by Kanade Amo and Kazanari Tsubasa to repel the noise. Relics are activated through song, and attuned to the unique resonance generated by each girl. At the start, the girls are overwhelmed and a chunk of Gungnir is chipped off by the Noise during the fight, embedding itself in the chest of student Tachibana Hibiki. Kanade sacrifices herself to save Kazanari and Tachibana, and Tachibana slowly learns to take on the role as Gungnir's user. Along the way they meet other relic users, some as friend and some as foe. Has an amazing soundtrack with many genres of music covered.

Danganronpa
    ------------
    Fifteen High School Students are trapped in an Academy with no way out. The Academy's principal is a robotic bear named Monokuma, who sets the rule that a student may only escape the Academy if he or she successfully commits a murder and gets away with it - after each murder the students have a chance to do detective work and identify the culprit during a classroom trial. If the jury judges correctly, the murderer is killed, and if they judge wrongly, the murderer gets to leave the Academy and the rest of the students all get killed. One by one murders are committed and solved as the remaining students try to solve the mystery of the Academy and escape together.

Little Busters! (& Little Busters! Refrain)
    --------------------------------------
    Riki Naoe is orphaned at a young age, and during his depression is given hope by a young group of children led by Natsume Kyousuke calling themselves the Little Busters. Now in their High School, the charismatic and larger-than-life leader Kyousuke is going to graduate, and the team recruits new members as Kyousuke prepares Riki to lead the team. The new members all come with emotional problems which are resolved one-by-one by Riki and his friend through genuine love and care, and everyone has a happy ending, until it's realised that things are not quite what they seem, and the world Riki is living in seems wrong. Someone is pulling strings and manipulating events to lead Riki to a certain end.

Moretsu Pirates!
    ----------------
    Kato Marika is a normal High School student in a futuristic world with a very good affinity for piloting spacecraft. It is then revealed to her that the father she had never met was the captain of the pirate spaceship Bentenmaru, and that he had just died. The Bentenmaru is a "licensed" pirate ship, in which it is paid money to engage in piracy projects mainly for entertainment (staged piracy activities on cruise ships for entertainment of the passengers etc) and Marika, as the heir of her father, takes over the ship. With support from the very talented crew members, her schoolmates in the space yacht club, and her friend Chiaki who is the daughter of the captain of the pirate ship Barbarossa, Marika learns what it's like to be a space pirate, going on many adventures beyond simple piracy.

I can't think of any more which come to mind, but these few will probably not disappoint you!

I'm very old school (and mechaphiliac) when it comes to anime:

1. MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM (duh...I spent years writing fanfics about it).

2. SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (few stories in any genre have rarely been this intense)

3. SUPER DIMENSION FORTRESS MACROSS/ROBOTECH (epic in a way that's surprisingly similar to wuxia, though set in the future with high-tech weaponry)

4. MAZINGER Z/GREAT MAZINGER/UFO ROBO GRENDIZER/GETTA ROBO: Go Nagai's giant robot series set the standard for the genre.

5. GOLION/DAIRUGGER XV (VOLTRON): a childhood favorite, though it hasn't aged well (for me).

I haven't really kept up with anime since 2008, so I'm a little behind. But I recently saw "Attack on Titan", and OMG...it definitely brought back my joy of watching anime!

Yeah, "Attack on Titan" is very very popular - probably the hottest anime from last year. I read 3 volumes of the manga and couldn't go any further, though - was a bit too disturbing for me.

1. Doraemon
    2. Dragon Ball
    3. Detective Conan
    4. Detective Kindaichi
    5. Yuyu Hakuso, Kungfu Boy, Hattori, P-Man etc...

1. Death note
    2. Code Geass
    3. Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
    4. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
    5. Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

1. Rurouni Kenshin (up to end of Shishio arc)
    2. Trigun
    3. Fullmetal Alchemist
    4. Naruto
    5. Death Note
    -SC