Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Characters who appeared in the same novel, but never met?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    This was quite sad, as Li Ping never did get to meet the girl who captivated her son so, even more so than the Mongolian princess who was devoted to her family. My favourite part of LOCH 2009 was the extra filler scenes between Huang Rong and Li Ping, and how they got to know each other and having started off on the completely wrong foot, learned to respect and love each other. Li Ping was portrayed as being more aggressive than I pictured her, but it was very touching, culminating in that sad parting scene where Li Ping acknowledges Huang Rong as her future daughter in law by teaching her how to communicate with animals.
    Yep. That's definitely one of the instances where I encourage "deviation of the plot" (though, I don't think this one change made up for the rest of the deviations in LOCH 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    e.g. Genghis Khan and East Heretic Wong Yerk See
    Wondering what will happen if they meet each other.
    HYS may kill Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Yep. That's definitely one of the instances where I encourage "deviation of the plot" (though, I don't think this one change made up for the rest of the deviations in LOCH 2008)
    The rest of the deviations were pretty turdy, yes - although the series had a few moments. Huang Yaoshi's entrance to Returning Cloud Villa was probably the best done out of all the adaptations I've seen. And that Huang Rong/ Li Ping bit really meant a lot to me. You just knew that she would end up teaching Huang Rong the animal thingy after she rejects her request to teach her the first time saying "I only teach this to my future daughter-in-law".

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    DGSD:

Grandfather Tan/Zhao Qiansun/Granny Tan/IMPARTIAL JUDGE Shan Zheng and Xuzhu (these guys appeared in multiple chapters)
    Thats not fair because those guys all died before Xu Zhu's name was even mentioned!

Anyway, given DGSD's large cast. There are really too many examples to list.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

ROCH: Gon Sun Zhi and Guo Jing, Golden Wheel Monk and Ouyang Feng
    DGSD: Xiaoyao Pai Elders and Xiao Feng

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    ROCH: Gon Sun Zhi and Guo Jing, Golden Wheel Monk and Ouyang Feng
    DGSD: Xiaoyao Pai Elders and Xiao Feng
    Gung Sheun Tze met the Golden Wheel Monk at Passionless Valley.

Two sets of characters from LOCH who *could* have met, but never did, were the Gong Nam 7 Freaks and 1 Deng's four disciples. This would have been an interesting meeting because both groups featured martial artists who also doubled as scholars (Chu Chung and Chu Tze Lau) and woodsmen (Nam Hei Yan and the former Dali guardsman who became known only as "the Woodcutter"). Chu Chung and Chu Tze Lau shared a surname as well as a love of scholarly subjects, and although Chu Tze Lau's martial arts outclassed Chu Chung's by a wide margin, they might have had a more evenly matched competition in scholarship.