Thread: Review : Please watch over the lady

Thumbs up Review : Please watch over the lady

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.asianbite.com/photos/yoon-eun-hye-drama-my-fair-lady_18907.jpg')

Title : Please watch over the lady
    Starring :
    - Yun Eun Hye as Kang Hye Na the Korean Paris Hilton
    - Yoon Sang Hyun as Seo Dong Chan the ex-Gigolo
    - Jung Il Woo as Lee Tae Yoon the Mr. Perfect
    - Moon Chae Won as Yeo Eui Joo the unwanted girl
    Synopsis : A down-on-his-luck ex-Gigolo gets a job as personal butler of Korean Paris Hilton in an attempt to seduce her and scheme out $100,000 to pay off his loanshark debt, but encounters an obstacle when his target falls in love with Mr. Perfect at first sight and must do everything to split them.

Review : This show is basically a comedy version of The Great Inheretance with gender roles flipped. That is, the girl being the rich ******* and the man being the optimistic poor who never stops smiling, and Moon Chae Won reprising her role of rejected girl figure once again relentlessly pursuing the man of her love, but without scheming this time.

This is the first time Yun Eun Hye deviates from playing her stereotypical character of cheerful girl in Goong, The Vineyard Man, and Coffee Prince No. 1, instead opting to play a super-rich b*tch out of control, and she does it convincingly and superbly enough to forget that she played all those nice characters in the past, or they are even played by same actress. The only downside is that she kinda reverts back to being her old stereotypical character toward the end of show as the character of Kang Hye Na loses some of her temper as she falls in love with two men and is conflicted between two. Otherwise this is a great transition that other actresses often fail to make.

The lead actor Yun Sang Hyun is kinda old in his mid-30s who took off just this year, but he does show a great chemistry with Kang Hye Na's character on screen. In fact, this chemistry is not acting since Yun Eun Hye fell in love with him in reall-life while shooting this series and now they are dating. And he is very romatic(This is why Yun fell in love with him for real) on screen and funny as hell too.

Even though this show did rather poorly in ratings and many consider this to be Yoon Eun Hye's first failure, I personally enjoyed this show as it is full of non-stop laughs and never drags. Highly recommended and you will be full of laughs until the last three episodes of the series covering the death of Kang's grandfather and separation, and reunion. At least I feel this show is better made than "You are such a handsome man".

Default How long?

I seem to be losing patience with Korean dramas. Or are they making it super long now?

Yoon had been playing the nice poor girl with a not so upstanding family that she had to support. I still laughed when I think of coffee prince- sorry fans....

She has a big derriere and for the guy to not be able to tell her gender after working with her closely... Ok ok I'm sorry fans. back to my question.

How many episodes are there?

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    I seem to be losing patience with Korean dramas. Or are they making it super long now?

Yoon had been playing the nice poor girl with a not so upstanding family that she had to support. I still laughed when I think of coffee prince- sorry fans....

She has a big derriere and for the guy to not be able to tell her gender after working with her closely... Ok ok I'm sorry fans. back to my question.

It really depends on what k-drama you're refering to. Period dramas can be 16 episodes to 50+ episodes. Daily K-Dramas can go super long to 100+ episodes.

But this drama in question is only 16 episodes. Are you going to watch it? I'm not sure I want to watch it. Maybe when I'm super bored and cannot find anything better to watch.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yoon had been playing the nice poor girl with a not so upstanding family that she had to support.
    She plays a spoiled rich brat out of control this time, with a very different make-up and hair-do.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Are you going to watch it? I'm not sure I want to watch it. Maybe when I'm super bored and cannot find anything better to watch.
    This is funnier than "You are such a handsome man".

I too was skeptical initially, but got hooked by episode 3~4.

I saw like a few minutes of episode one, Yoon Eun Hye looks so different with the makeup she has on, reminds me of the ladies in another drama, Style. She doesn't look innocent and doe-eyed like her first dramas.

So what the main guy lead becomes her new chief butler? Taming of the Shrew type of plot?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

So what the main guy lead becomes her new chief butler?
    Yes, he takes the butler job to approach and seduce her, so that he could swindle her money away to pay off his debts to loansharks.

Taming of the Shrew type of plot?
    Well, that's his job entrusted to him by Hye Na's grandfather.

Default Can't find

It really depends on what k-drama you're refering to. Period dramas can be 16 episodes to 50+ episodes. Daily K-Dramas can go super long to 100+ episodes.

But this drama in question is only 16 episodes. Are you going to watch it? I'm not sure I want to watch it. Maybe when I'm super bored and cannot find anything better to watch.
    I want to watch it, at least episode 1, but can't find it at soju or AZN. So guess have to wait a bit. Yoon looked really pretty in some of the episodes in Goong, although her teeth somehow bucked the trend of Korean actors and actresses. She looks nice in the picture above, so I'm willing to buy the idea that she's a rich girl this time.

She looks nice in the picture above, so I'm willing to buy the idea that she's a rich girl this time.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.inews24.com/image_joy/200908/1251441238899_2.jpg')
    This is what Yoon Eun Hye's character looks like in this show.

Default Found it but

At mysoju, this is called take care of the young lady, no wonder i couldn't it earlier.
    Sadly the videos for episodes 1 to 8 are all blank. I am not going to start at episode 9. Does any one know where else I could watch it online?

Default Found it

At Aznv, it's my fair lady.... aiiiyaah, why can't these Korean producers make up their minds?
    I watched the first episode.... Yoon's character should be like Cho Anna in Fantasy couple, but she's not good. The guy is also not as good as Oh.

She doesn't come across as a snooty over privileged girl, just rude and her clothes are just strange couture stuff ( I who wear Land's End). I might watch a few more episodes to see if it gets better- when I have more time.

I've found it on viikii.net.

From here: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Take_Care_of_the_Young_Lady

The drama has these various titles: Take Care of Agassi / Take Care of My Lady / My Fair Lady; and previously known as Lady Castle.

I guess i don't have the same taste as JonDoe anymore. I watched this and finished this drama only because of Yoon Eun Hye. Overall, it was an ok show.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    I guess i don't have the same taste as JonDoe anymore. I watched this and finished this drama only because of Yoon Eun Hye. Overall, it was an ok show.
    I don't like this drama either. I only took a few peek at it. Other than that, the guy is not a very good actor.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I finished this drama last night. It was okay overall. So she fell for him in real life, eh? Interesting. The little big head boy, Su Min, was cute.

Default So sad

I always thought of myself being a fan of Yoon, even after watching the hilarious coffee-drama.

But I really don't like her acting here, had problems finishing the second episode. She is still like her previous characters, just does not show class. May be I enjoyed watching the fantasy couple so much that I have to compare her with Cho Anna...... So sad...now I have to erase my fan label....