Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phobias

Default Phobias

Do you guys have any phobias?? I have some and one of them is Arachnaphobia(A big fear of spiders). Whenever I see a spider or bug or any kind, I would go crazy and get really scared as if I just saw a ghost. I also have a fear of heights... Whenever I go on any high level building or just anywhere high, I always tell myself not to look down.... I am also really scared of snakes... Gosh, snakes are really scary and freaky looking, but I would rather see one of them than a spider anyday...

Do you guys care to share any of your phobias???
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-21-09 at 11:33 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I'm scared extreme heights and extreme speed. So no rollercoasters for me.

I hate loud noises like popped balloons.

I am scared of anything travelling at a threatening speed towards my groin region.

Nasty growth on skin turns me off big time. Wouldn't say I was unrationally afraid of it though. More like repulsed.

I am afraid of heights. My legs seem to lose feelings and I get a gulp of air in my lungs when I can see the ground far beneath my feet.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Would it be odd that I have no phobias? I used to have them when I was little but then I grew out of them. I used to be afraid of the dark because of ghosts but now I walk through a cemetery at night by myself. I used to be afraid of dogs because they bite me, then I got over it after we got our first dog as a pet. I used to be afraid of drowning but got over that, I would even jump in a river even though I can't swim.

This may sound crazy but I'm not even afraid of death. I figure we going to die anyways, so early or late makes little difference to me since our lives in comparison to the rest of time is but a blind of an eye.

Oh wait, I thought of one, I am afraid of being tortured, the stuff that POW goes through. That would freak me out.

Nowadays torture ain't that bad. All the nasty stuff they used to do to people in the old days, now that's sick evil stuff.

Even with the terrorists who hate westerners, they only beheaded them. As painful as it must be, it's still better than getting bamboo shoots shoved in fingernails and then having the wounds slowly develop infection and be in pain for days, weeks, months until they finally off you. Not to mention different types of dismemberment. I imagine once a major vein is severed in the case of beheading, you lose consciousness pretty quickly.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Nowadays torture ain't that bad. All the nasty stuff they used to do to people in the old days, now that's sick evil stuff.

Even with the terrorists who hate westerners, they only beheaded them. As painful as it must be, it's still better than getting bamboo shoots shoved in fingernails and then having the wounds slowly develop infection and be in pain for days, weeks, months until they finally off you. Not to mention different types of dismemberment. I imagine once a major vein is severed in the case of beheading, you lose consciousness pretty quickly.
    Beheading is more of an execution than torture. But yea today torture isn't as bad as in the past. What I refer to is the past style of torture. Just trying to inflict as much pain as humanly possible to the subject. I would bite my tongue to kill myself wuxia style if it would actually work. LOL

A relatively mild case of Arachnophobia here... (Boring, I know...)
    I actually like spiders - they're wonderful creatures. I don't mind spider webs, I don't mind pictures of spiders - and I don't even mind sharing my room with spiders - as long as they remain out of sight (and if they're of some reasonable size).
    But when they get too close or when they start showing up on the ceiling of my room, I stop functioning properly and I just - panic.
    The silliest and girliest phobia that there is and I'm stuck with it. Grrr...
    Last edited by Cesare; 10-22-09 at 08:25 AM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

To think about it, I do have many phobias:
    1. fear of animals that bit - e.g. snake, spider, dog
    2. fear of deep water - because i can't swim
    3. fear of injury, death
    4. fear of being bullied
    5. fear of needing others to take care.

Think there is an earlier interesting thread whereby someone have a long list of phobias.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Do you guys have any phobias?? I have some and one of them is Arachnaphobia(A big fear of spiders). Whenever I see a spider or bug or any kind, I would go crazy and get really scared as if I just saw a ghost. I also have a fear of heights... Whenever I go on any high level building or just anywhere high, I always tell myself not to look down.... I am also really scared of snakes... Gosh, snakes are really scary and freaky looking, but I would rather see one of them than a spider anyday...

Do you guys care to share any of your phobias???
    I thinks phobia is happen because fallen up something which terrify about spider or other insect / animal.

I'm also have phobia. If I see cockroach, my body can be frightened and running to be far from the cockroach. Its happen because the cockroach ever alight on my body when I'm still child and I can't forget it

Are you know why you scared spider Trinie?? I'm sure you ever happen something which abominable about the spider.

Fear for needles (injection), bees and anything that stings!

I remember when I was in middle school, during my fourth year and final year, there was this annoucement saying that it is compulsory for every student to take Bacillus Calmette-Guérin before leaving school. I couldn't sleep for many nights since the annouced was released.

I need to be unconscious in order to take on a vaccination.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 10-22-09 at 11:06 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I am scared of some stuff, with height being one of them but I do not consider any of them serious enough to be a phobia.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyana View Post
    I thinks phobia is happen because fallen up something which terrify about spider or other insect / animal.

I'm also have phobia. If I see cockroach, my body can be frightened and running to be far from the cockroach. Its happen because the cockroach ever alight on my body when I'm still child and I can't forget it

Are you know why you scared spider Trinie?? I'm sure you ever happen something which abominable about the spider.
    Spiders are really ugly to me and some are poisonous as well, so they really scare me. I think I got the fear from my 6th brother. He was scared of spiders and still is. I sort of learned it from him. One of other brothers held a spider in front of my face and it scared me to death.... I can never forget that...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Fear for needles (injection), bees and anything that stings!

I remember when I was in middle school, during my fourth year and final year, there was this annoucement saying that it is compulsory for every student to take Bacillus Calmette-Guérin before leaving school. I couldn't sleep for many nights since the annouced was released.

I need to be unconscious in order to take on a vaccination.
    Oh yea, I am afraid of needles as well... I am really scared to get a shot.... It scares me more than spiders and heights....

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    I'm scared extreme heights and extreme speed. So no rollercoasters for me.
    Try those kiddie roller coasters. I think you'll enjoy them.

Roaches, big spiders, snakes, crazy people and public speaking are some of my phobias.

Paper forms. It'd take me days to work up the courage to fill one out.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Paper forms. It'd take me days to work up the courage to fill one out.
    O_O?? How come? What's with such phobia?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

BIRDS.
    Birds birds birds birds birds birds birds.

But especially pigeons (rats with wings, ew), seagulls, chickens, crows, ravens, peacocks, turkeys, VULTURES...ah forget it, they all scare me except penguins. Unfortunately I rarely encounter those anyway.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    BIRDS.

But especially pigeons (rats with wings, ew), seagulls, chickens, crows, ravens, peacocks, turkeys, VULTURES...ah forget it, they all scare me except penguins. Unfortunately I rarely encounter those anyway.
    I should pay you a visit with Brother Condor

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    BIRDS.

Penguins are evil too, actually. Especially, the Macaronis! ..... I was under one back in the lawfirm.

So, fear them!

is it possible to have phobias of air, drinking water, mobile phone?