Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRIS - lee byung hun, kim tae hee, jung joo ho

Just beginning to watch this series last night. It was really good!

I heard that IRIS2 is in planning. They are still trying to negotiate LBH in IRIS2, hence

click to show/hide spoilers
    the ending in IRIS didn't specify he was dead or not. It can be either way, depending whether LBH really decline to reprise his role in Season 2.

Very interesting and fast moving series. Assumptions need to be made along the way - e.g. how on earth they find money to fly there and here; passports; carry firearms here and there.

I notice that the terrorist in this series doesn't like to use grenade launcher. Had they utilize one in Gwanghwamun Plaza scene, well the series storyline will have to be rewritten.

I still love this series to bits though

I really like this drama, kim tae hee is my favorite Korean actress, theme song of IRIS is also very beautiful.

could Seung Hee be lying? that she is not from IRIS? could the leader of IRIS be related to her? since she has seen the leader and she is not willing to help, could she be on IRIS hit list? especially the north korean side has some info that she is on IRIS hit list.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    could Seung Hee be lying? that she is not from IRIS? could the leader of IRIS be related to her? since she has seen the leader and she is not willing to help, could she be on IRIS hit list? especially the north korean side has some info that she is on IRIS hit list.

1. When Hyun Joon confronted her at the restaurant, I think she was telling the truth, but not all of it.

2. She is not on IRIS hit list, Sun Hwa saw her in the list of IRIS database, but it does not mention her being a member. Like Hyun Joon, she was basically brought up and had her life 'arranged' by Baek San.

3. Maybe she is related to Mr Black, or maybe Baek San is protecting her. Otherwise, why'd she still be alive after all the snooping around and ruining IRIS plan?

IRIS 2 announcement.

Title : IRIS 2 : Athena
    Air Date : Fall 2010
    Synopsis : It has nothing to do with IRIS plotwise; a new team battling new nemesis.
    Cast :

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://kimchisoju.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/081223_ent_1.jpg')
    Male Lead

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.allkpop.com.lg1x1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/old/2009_stories/20090406_chaseungwon_572.jpg')
    Male Antagonist

Female Lead : Unknown.

Female Antagonist : Supposed to be one of SNSD(Girls' Generation) member.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ww-mL-ecOsU/SoUcK2sEs2I/AAAAAAAAAMY/1HiGsWuP2jU/s320/Snsd+Jessica.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://feedyaluvkorean.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/20090626_snsd_sooyoung_2.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://qeagrumpygirl.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/snsd-yoona.jpg')

I would have liked a sequel instead of a spin-off (LBY and KTH were a great couple and the ending left much to be desired); but I do enjoy all K-dramas, so I'm excited about "Athena" also.
    Cha Sung-won should be a thrill to watch as the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    The producers say IRIS hitman did. They had to kill off Kim Hyun Joon because his character isn't coming back.

I actually find killing of KHJ unnecessary. They could still have happy ending, without the leads coming back for second season. Even if there's second season, won't the story be bored with the same leads? What amazing story can they come up with after the leads got together?

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    I notice that the terrorist in this series doesn't like to use grenade launcher. Had they utilize one in Gwanghwamun Plaza scene, well the series storyline will have to be rewritten.

I still love this series to bits though

In a way, I thought they did use the grenade launcher and that got themselves killed right? Remember KHJ firing at the grenade launcher? Nowadays grenade launcher are perhaps not threatening enough, that's why they're switching to nuclear tech. World domination is a scary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post

In a way, I thought they did use the grenade launcher and that got themselves killed right? Remember KHJ firing at the grenade launcher? Nowadays grenade launcher are perhaps not threatening enough, that's why they're switching to nuclear tech. World domination is a scary thing.
    No, what I meant is that the terrorists could just finished KHJ and co with grenade launcher during the plaza confrontation. Instead of wasting time and bullets

At least KHJ improvised and finished the last two terrorist by exploding a hand grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    No, what I meant is that the terrorists could just finished KHJ and co with grenade launcher during the plaza confrontation. Instead of wasting time and bullets

At least KHJ improvised and finished the last two terrorist by exploding a hand grenade.
    Oh, I get what you mean. That was what I was thinking when i watch the show. But I thought, maybe they thought of the idea but don't have the chance to use it because the granade launcher was there and I don't understand what it was doing in the car instead of using it the kill people.

Yes, that was a great improvisation to save the day. Totally 'blew' everyone away.

I just finish this series. This by far the best spy series that Korean had ever make. I heard somewhere that there will be Iris 2 where the 2 main lead will come back.