Thread: Love Buffet 愛似百匯

Default Love Buffet 愛似百匯

This is a series starring Joanne Tseng, Arron Yan and Calvin Chen from Fahrenheit. Does anyone have any info on this series? I tried to look for a page on wikipedia but it doesn't exist anymore. I heard that this series was suspended due to the typhoon in Taiwan. When will this series air??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Filming has resumed (or will be resumed shortly). You can check out all the news of this series here.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...owtopic=649657

Very comprehensive. They even translated blogs of the manga writer, the actors and anyone who is working on the series including temporary actors (kelefe).
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Thanks for the link kidd! I did come across a thread for it at AF, but there was not much info. They are still filming this series?? I heard that it was suspended... I hope to see this series sometime since the story sounds interesting.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

The series was suspended because of the typhoon in Taiwan. The typhoon caused some of the planned shooting location to be unusable. So, some part of the script need to be rewritten causing the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    The series was suspended because of the typhoon in Taiwan. The typhoon caused some of the planned shooting location to be unusable. So, some part of the script need to be rewritten causing the delay.
    Yea, that was what I heard. It was a combination of the typhoon, the rewritten script and Arron's and Calvin's activities with Fahrenheit. The filming has resumed now and I think they hope to air it this Nov or Dec.

Banned

Wow, what a gorgeous cast! I didn't realize how tall Calvin is.He's considerably taller than all of them! I'm really excited for him...this is a great opportunity for him to break out of the shadow of his band mates.I actually thought the playboy role he had in Romantic Princess really suited him. He can have this real easy swagger if he wants to and I thought he was perfect as Wu Chun's foil.But I do want to see him in a less heavy role--something more upbeat and funny. This should be great!

Calvin always get 2nd lead among his bandmates. How many series is it already? and he's still 2nd lead!!!!!!
    I know he's not as cute as Aaron but hey! give him a break already!

But all and all...man... i know they are famous singers but sometimes i want real actors. Keep seeing them is rather repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Calvin always get 2nd lead among his bandmates. How many series is it already? and he's still 2nd lead!!!!!!
    I know he's not as cute as Aaron but hey! give him a break already!
    Calvin is actually co-lead Aaron in this series. I think both Daiya and Ichi are of equal importance. The whole story is about the female lead going between these 2 guys.

Calvin's role in this series is considered his first lead role.

What's the storyline for this series?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I've only read first few chapters of the manga. It's about a girl and her love relationship with 2 cousins who are quite different in personality. Ichi (played by Arron) is the quiet type and cool type, while Daiya is the friendly playful type.

This is the manga the series adapted from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parfait_Tic!

Character description of the 3 leads of the manga in wikipedia. Throughout the development of the series, the producer and actors has been in contact with the writer of the manga. The author are also satisfied with the choice of cast especially Arron (he does look like Ichi). So, I guess the series should be quite faithful to the manga. But the script need to be rewritten a bit because of the change of filming location due to the typhoon.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Fuuko Kameyama
    Is the upbeat main character. She likes playing with little children and hairstyling. Wears her own hair in unusual and complicated styles. She does feel insecure about her looks, especially when being compared to Daiya and Ichi. Had to take swimming lessons from Ichi in order to pass P.E.
    At the beginning, Fuuko had a big crush on Daiya but when she confessed he rejected her kindly. Ichi helped her to mend her inner wounds and she fell genuinely in love with him, but at the same time, Daiya was falling in love with her. Although Ichi loved Fuuko, he loved Iori very much too so he dumped Fuuko. Daiya took this as a chance to go out with Fuuko. Fuuko appears to have reconnected with her feelings for Daiya, but it is not known whether she is still in love with Ichi.

Ichi Shinpo
    The cold and quiet love interest. Class President and ranks first on school tests, but rather shy and comes across as a haughty guy. Actually very caring once you get to know him. Works part-time in a restaurant. Not good at household chores. Really bad at drawing. Scared of dogs and haunted houses. He is very quiet but seems to be different when near or around Fuuko.
    Fuuko had been in love with Ichi, but she ended things with him because of his inability to let go of his feelings for Iori. Although he is still in love with Fuuko, she is now dating Daiya. However, he seems to be open to the idea of tearing the two apart.

Daiya Shinpo
    A happy-go-lucky playboy. Not very academic, but wins everyone's heart with his open character. Used to date many girls at the same time, but stopped doing that after he had to reject Fuuko. Sometimes gives surprise performances as a singer in a two-man band, "The F brothers" with Issochi.
    He has been dating Fuuko after finally gaining her feelings back for him, but he is insecure about the relationship because he knows that Ichi is still in love with Fuuko and that Fuuko once really loved Ichi,
    Last edited by kidd; 02-12-10 at 12:11 AM.

Sounds complicated in a teen soap opera kind of way...which I guess is tailor-made for Taiwanese drama.

Reading the summary reminds me of a similar love triangle story in Peach Girl.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Sounds complicated in a teen soap opera kind of way...which I guess is tailor-made for Taiwanese drama.
    Haha. Isn't all love long running love story like this?

Haha. Isn't all love long running love story like this?
    Usually its A loves B and B loves A, but misunderstandings come between them and so B is comforted by C who loves B, but B still loves A. B tries to accept C, but B still can't get over A. Eventually A and B clear up misunderstandings and live happily ever after again. While C learns to let go of B and finds D.

Not...A loves B but then goes to love C and changes mind to love A again and goes back and forth between A and C. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    While C learns to let go of B and finds D.
    This is not guaranteed.

Sometimes C just let go and be alone or leave the country.

This is not guaranteed.

Sometimes C just let go and be alone or leave the country.
    That's true too.

I just heard that they may or will be changing the female lead cast for this series!! Therefore, Joanne may be replaced. I was so shocked and could not believe that since it would be mean that Aaron and Calvin as well as other casts will have to re-shoot the scenes that have already been done with Joanne. I wonder if this series is cursed with bad luck since it has been delayed so many times and now this happens.... sigh.... What a bad start to the new year.

New replacement for Qiao Qiao is Reen Yu (Yu Hong Yuan).

http://blog.fooyoh.com/pandakun/entr...e-up-the-baton

Just start watching this series. Pretty funny. So far, I like it.

I already know how Da Ye is like since I've read the first few chapters of the manga. But, Da Ye in the series is even more warm and likable. Can see why everyone (characters in the series) is attracted to him. The niceness of Ah Yi's character is also slowly showing up.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-29-12 at 09:44 AM.