Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Regrets 《巾幗梟雄之義海豪情》

Woohoo! Fei Fan Gor is back! Despite me hating his character, you have to say that he spices up the tension and storyline whenever he appears!!! He is bound to bring trouble and betrayal.

Another note about the departure visa:
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Why can't Ching Ching give it to someone else if she didn't want to go to HK? Lots of people wanted to leave Guangzhou, she just wasted it by coming back and crying her head off. Not touched at all. What an ungrateful girl! To think of how Miss Nine got humiliated by the Japanese just to get that pass for her!!

Nancy's Lai Wah is annoying but at least she has a purpose in the series, especially when she gets involved with the other men. But Ching Ching is just there to be attacked, protected and pitied. Even though she is sick, but she has been independent for a few years in Hong Kong. I don't get why she cries all the time and is so fragile. She is in her early twenties but yet she acts like a kid.

Anyway, the supporting casts that I think shine are:
    (1) Fei Fan Gor (Everygreen Mak) - evil to the core, great stuff!
    (2) Lai Wah's mum (Wendy Hon) - she is really great with her complex emotions, just look at the mucus coming out of her nostrils when she cries.
    (3) Spareribs (Ngo Ka Nin) - very sincere.

Just watched ep 18:
    Definately feels that the Colonel is in love with Miss Nine!!! He had no political reason to grab at her that like in the car to keep her out of danger, even if she was his way of getting finds for the Japanese army. And then look at his expression. Something definately going on.
    Last edited by charbydis; 11-11-10 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Add on comments
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Fei Fan Gor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

I hope No regrets wins best series! It is truely the best series for a very dry 2010 year. It has all the qualities of Rosy Business with bonus Sheren and Wayne's romantic love relationship!

I really don't want this series to end, but I just want to watch more xD

I wish they made a RB3 XD

The preview for the final episodes looks so epic too!

http://k-tvb.net/no-regrets-trailer-for-final-episodes/

just finished eps 24, this shit is getting epic!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Any of you guys ever root for Fei Fan Gor?

I do!!!
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    Any of you guys ever root for Fei Fan Gor?

I do!!!
    I love seeing Fei Fan Gor get the upper hand and then ..... hehe
    I hope Evergreen wins the Best Supporting Award this year!!!

Most of the time, I like Colonel Mukaiyama. I think King Kong has done a good job. He is nothing like his usual self. He cracked me up as Sheung Joi Sum at the Anniversary Show in drag. I even kept the clip.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Were you guys surprised that they made the hong kong actors speak japanese in this series?
    Good job on the actors who had to learn japanese. I was impressed.

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    Were you guys surprised that they made the hong kong actors speak japanese in this series?
    Good job on the actors who had to learn japanese. I was impressed.
    QF
    I heard TVB had to employ Japanese tutors for them to be on the set for last minute training and to teach them how to say the words with emotion and expression.

On the other hand, I have to

I hate ep 27!!!!
    I hate how TVB made the Colonel have a 180 degree turn in personality. At the height of the Japanese power in China, he was still polite and never once called anyone a "Chinese Pig". Suddenly in ep 27, he goes nuts and becomes arrogant and insults everyone. Don't know what happened!!!

Must be to give Spareribs a reason to kill him as he is too likeable. Shame! Maybe the Colonel was always evil but just never portrayed on screen.

Fei Fan Gor rules in ep 26 & ep 27!!! Feel so sad for him!!!
    Cyril Connolly

gotta give a hand to all the supporting actors in this series... king kong, evergreen mak, the guy that plays king kong's brother in the series, pai gwuk, yeung yeung's mom, the doctor dude, every single person in that japanese concentration camp, that 1 bearded mob leader under the dong tai company, teet jie.

great actors

How come the thread title still has it as tentative? And without the official No Regret title as well?

just finished this series. its one of the best tvb series ive seen in a long long time. the ending was super satisfying. 10/10 man

just finished this series. its one of the best tvb series ive seen in a long long time. the ending was super satisfying. 10/10 man
    And here I thought TVB can't make good endings....

See, if TVB actually tries, they can make good series from the beginning to the end.

Good job

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

The ending was nice, but somehow it leaves something more to be desired. I guess the series as a whole was so good that I expected the ending to be epic. But the series overall was fantastic, definitely a must watch for TVB production. Hope RB continues its roll and sweeps the awards at the upcoming awards ceremony.

It would be a shame if Evergreen Mak does not get recognized for his role in this series. I've never hated and loved a character so much at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    It would be a shame if Evergreen Mak does not get recognized for his role in this series. I've never hated and loved a character so much at the same time.
    he won the best supporting actor

I just started watching this, I haven't watched RB 1, but decided to give this one a try since I like this time period. The perfect time period for drama, tension and character morals wavering dilemmas.

BTW, the credits rolls so quick, does Eason Chan or somebody sing the themesong? Does anyone know who and what is the song title?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I just started watching this, I haven't watched RB 1, but decided to give this one a try since I like this time period. The perfect time period for drama, tension and character morals wavering dilemmas.

BTW, the credits rolls so quick, does Eason Chan or somebody sing the themesong? Does anyone know who and what is the song title?
    Leo Ku sings the themesong. The title should be the same as the title of the series: 義海豪情

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Leo Ku sings the themesong. The title should be the same as the title of the series: 義海豪情
    Thanks JadeBun...ny, I thought he sounded somewhat like Eason Chan but not exactly sure. Yeah, I guess I hear it now. I'm not used to hearing him singing Canto.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-25-10 at 04:17 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I am rewatching this show due to remembering it. Now that I am older and understand what happens more, I have to say, Cheng Kau-mui give me the chills, in a really good way. Sheren Tang's acting is so powerful and Cheng Kau-mui is such a character.

I haven't touched TVB's products for a while... is there any new dramas similar to this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Outsanity View Post
    I haven't touched TVB's products for a while... is there any new dramas similar to this one?
    Lord of Shanghai is a pretty good production IMO but the emotions and acting are not as powerful as NR. I was running around the living room when the last few eps were on! Give LOS a try!
    Cyril Connolly