Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: JY Main Characters: Swordsmanship Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    It would allow anyone with similar prowess to do the same. If the guys PJ named did it, they'd be even more powerful.
    Indeed, but I'm saying the HIS is not just about channeling one's energy, it magnifies it somehow. Hence there are techniques to it, and they are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    if you count pure sword skills and no other factor, then sword god zhao bufan can be considered.
    This is indeed a new height in Misspelling of SWORD GOD's Name.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Feng xifan has to be in the runnings somewhere!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Now that we're including secondary characters. No love for Ren Woxing? His sword art was described by Jin Yong's narative as to be at a level where DGKP would be overjoyed to cross with. He's brilliant in many things which seems to overshadow the level of his swordplay added with the limited exposure we have to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Now that we're including secondary characters. No love for Ren Woxing? His sword art was described by Jin Yong's narative as to be at a level where DGKP would be overjoyed to cross with. He's brilliant in many things which seems to overshadow the level of his swordplay added with the limited exposure we have to it.
    Amazingly, Ren Woxing's swordplay is described to be at a higher level than Priest Chongxu's Taiji swordplay. However, Chongxu's swordplay was more flawless than Mr. I Do As I Please.

But it's described through LHX's yet uninformed opinions of Chongxu's swordplay. He though Chongxu had no weaknesses at all when he's defending.
    He perceived that Ren Woxing's attacks were both brilliantly defensive and offensive at the same time.

Chongxu could switch to offensive, where he has easy weaknesses, or defensive where he had no weaknesses as far as LHX could see at the time. The defensive side could be used as an offensive barrier but it moves forward very slowly. But then he realized that it still had a weakness, in the centre of the circle.

So you could debate about whether LHX's assessment was correct or not, taking into account that when he made the original analysis he didn't realise Chongxu's swordplay still had weaknesses.

As for DGKP finding joy in fighting Ren Woxing, that was an assessment made by the narator, which we can assume is an accurate and objective statement.

I think LHC could be a match for Yang Guo and Zhang Wuji when he is 36 and had practiced YJJ for a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    But it's described through LHX's yet uninformed opinions of Chongxu's swordplay. He though Chongxu had no weaknesses at all when he's defending.
    He perceived that Ren Woxing's attacks were both brilliantly defensive and offensive at the same time.

Chongxu could switch to offensive, where he has easy weaknesses, or defensive where he had no weaknesses as far as LHX could see at the time. The defensive side could be used as an offensive barrier but it moves forward very slowly. But then he realized that it still had a weakness, in the centre of the circle.

So you could debate about whether LHX's assessment was correct or not, taking into account that when he made the original analysis he didn't realise Chongxu's swordplay still had weaknesses.
    Since Chongxu's "flaw" wasn't inherent to Linghu Chong's eye, while Ren Woxing's was more so, I would add a few points to Chongxu's level of swordplay.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Since Chongxu's "flaw" wasn't inherent to Linghu Chong's eye, while Ren Woxing's was more so, I would add a few points to Chongxu's level of swordplay.
    I'd take it as :

Taiji Jianfa > Whatever Jianfa RWX used

RWX's innate sword talent > CX's talent
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I'm not sure what description was used for Chongxu's Taiji Swordplay but even Yin Liting's Taiji Sword was described to be flawless when defending against Zhou Zhiruo.

I don't think Chongxu's Tai Chi Swordplay as good as Yang Guo's Swordplay skill (Heavy Sword Skill/Jade Maiden Swordplay/Jade Flute Swordplay/Quanzhen Swordplay) yet Chong'er still have a hard time when fight agaisnt him..
    Chong'er may have better theory/philosophy in swordplay than Guo'er but if comes to real swordplay "contest" I rather doubt he can overcome Guo'er except if you think Ren/Chongxu Swordplay skill better than Yang Guo😛😛