Thread: Peak Lam Chiu Ying vs. peak ROCH Wong Yung

Default Peak Lam Chiu Ying vs. peak ROCH Wong Yung

This is the companion piece to their respective man's thread.

Ancient Tomb Sect Founder was a martial artist known to have once been on par or perhaps even slightly superior to Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung, but that was years before Wong Chung Yeung attained his own peak. The only manifestations of Lam Chiu Ying's skills were the techniques used by the young Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl, which were formidable.

Wong Yung, even at her peak in ROCH, was not known to be a Greats-level fighter, but she had the intellect to make up for it (and as a master of Dog Beating Stick Technique, Peach Blossom Island martial arts, and the 9 Yum Jen Ging, she isn't *that* far below the Greats). If Wong Yung from her peak in ROCH were to take on Lam Chiu Ying at her peak, who would prove to be superior?

Hr's martial arts is too weak. Lcy wins, no contest here.

This thread is no contest. HR is no match to LCY
    LCY wins hands down

It's not as one-sided as you guys might think. Lam Chiu Ying was equal to Wong Chung Yeung from a time long before the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. As our other discussions have indicated, many believe that Greats-level fighters from the end of ROCH (which does not include Wong Yung, but she's close enough) might have already long surpassed the level that Wong Chung Yeung and Lam Chiu Ying were at when they were young. In Lam Chiu Ying's case, she died young, and thus might not have progressed to a level that the ROCH-era Greats finally reached.

Moreover, Wong Yung was one of the few people in wulin fully versed in the 9 Yum Jen Ging, and although Lam Chiu Ying was likely a better all-around martial artist, the black star of her own Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts would give her some trouble.

Then, you need to factor in Wong Yung's intellect and penchant for cunning (not that Lam Chiu Ying didn't have plenty herself, but I still give Wong Yung the edge here), which had already stymied Greats-level martial artists before.

Is Wong Yung a lock to beat Lam Chiu Ying? Nope. Is it an entirely one-sided contest that Wong Yung has no hope of winning? Nope.

This duel could be just as ferocious as one between Wong Chung Yeung and Gwok Jing.

The problem of measuring LCY's MA is that we dont really know how much better WCY were over the other greats during the 1st sword meet. It took seven days, but that doesnt mean much when we dont know how they compete.

If we asume that he was only slightly better, then peak ROCH HR would have the edge.

If we go for ZBT estiment, then HR would loose, but she is no pushover.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's not as one-sided as you guys might think. Lam Chiu Ying was equal to Wong Chung Yeung from a time long before the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. As our other discussions have indicated, many believe that Greats-level fighters from the end of ROCH (which does not include Wong Yung, but she's close enough) might have already long surpassed the level that Wong Chung Yeung and Lam Chiu Ying were at when they were young. In Lam Chiu Ying's case, she died young, and thus might not have progressed to a level that the ROCH-era Greats finally reached.

Moreover, Wong Yung was one of the few people in wulin fully versed in the 9 Yum Jen Ging, and although Lam Chiu Ying was likely a better all-around martial artist, the black star of her own Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts would give her some trouble.

Then, you need to factor in Wong Yung's intellect and penchant for cunning (not that Lam Chiu Ying didn't have plenty herself, but I still give Wong Yung the edge here), which had already stymied Greats-level martial artists before.

Is Wong Yung a lock to beat Lam Chiu Ying? Nope. Is it an entirely one-sided contest that Wong Yung has no hope of winning? Nope.

This duel could be just as ferocious as one between Wong Chung Yeung and Gwok Jing.
    You make a very compelling argument, but I feel the way WCY was portrayed in LOCH and ROCH as being next to Godliness in terms of martial arts, status and stature and LCY as being someone who was equal to and maybe even at times superior than WCY, I still feel LCY and HR would be a no match. LCY would win hands down.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Lin Chaoying didn't die that young. She died 15 to 20 years before the First Tournament at Mt Hua.* We assume that WCY was late 70/early 80, when he died (judging by his career in life). That would make LCY about 60 when she kicked the bucket.

* Chapter 7 of ROCH
    Last edited by Athena; 11-04-09 at 10:54 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    You make a very compelling argument, but I feel the way WCY was portrayed in LOCH and ROCH as being next to Godliness in terms of martial arts, status and stature and LCY as being someone who was equal to and maybe even at times superior than WCY, I still feel LCY and HR would be a no match. LCY would win hands down.
    I think this would be much more closely contested than most people think. Wong Yung has just enough of the right qualifications to make this worthwhile comparison. The advantage is still Lam Chiu Ying's, but she's going to need to work hard for this victory. Victory is *not* assured for Lam.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Lin Chaoying didn't die that young. She died 15 to 20 years before the First Tournament at Mt Hua.* We assume that WCY was late 70/early 80, when he died (judging by his career in life). That would make LCY about 60 when she kicked the bucket.

* Chapter 7 of ROCH
    Kicked the bucket

I think this would be much more closely contested than most people think. Wong Yung has just enough of the right qualifications to make this worthwhile comparison. The advantage is still Lam Chiu Ying's, but she's going to need to work hard for this victory. Victory is *not* assured for Lam.
    And I disagree .... but let us leave it at that and agree to disagree.

I feel Xiao Longnu and Huang Rong would be a much more closely contested fight.
    Ken, may you should start a similar thread for Xiao Longnu vs Huang Rong. LOL

I can't really imagine HR to beat HYS as of LOCH. So no.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

a better match up would be TSTL vs LQS vs LCY. that's one for the books.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Martial art wise, Lam Chiu Ying would win for sure. I don't think Wong Yung has a chance. However, if trick and trap are allowed, then I would bet Wong Yung is the one that survive among the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Martial art wise, Lam Chiu Ying would win for sure. I don't think Wong Yung has a chance. However, if trick and trap are allowed, then I would bet Wong Yung is the one that survive among the two.
    LCY was full of tricks as well. She defeated WCY by "writing" on a stone slab in their contest. Little did he know that he was actually being tricked by LCY and the slab was smeared with a chemical substance to make it soft and thus making it possible for her to write on it.
    So LCY is quite full of tricks herself and should not be considered inferior to Huang Rong in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    LCY was full of tricks as well. She defeated WCY by "writing" on a stone slab in their contest. Little did he know that he was actually being tricked by LCY and the slab was smeared with a chemical substance to make it soft and thus making it possible for her to write on it.
    And who figured it out?

Wong Yung's dad, that's who.

The Ancient Tombers are the smartest, coolest kids on the block...at least until the kids from Peach Blossom Island show up (and I don't mean Gwok Fu and the Mo Brothers).