Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion for new translation

Default Huang Yi's work esp a step into the past

I would suggest to focus on HY's A step into the past/Searching for Qin

Because: it is entertaining, the translators are translating for fun and this is a fun book to read.

it is a new idea, not a repeat of the old same, old same.

this is the first time someone translate a HY to this deep, 1/3 of the whole thing, why not finish it. there is already many finished novel of other writer.

Jing Yung and Huang Yi are Classic, and trend leader, while others are not.

Classic in the sense that you can read it several times and still not bored, both GL and LYS are not sutle enough for repeat reading in different stage of life. GL always have holes not fill up because he sell the polt and make money from deposit of publisher and leave it, while LYS wrote same old story as thousand people with one face. it is okay for reading not not inspirational to jack up any passion.

Compare that with readers reponse from a step to the past and you know what I mean, and compare that with master of grand sword, you can see two different kind of story, and actual HY start several different trend that is now impacting internet novel in a big way in mainland China.

Try Shen Sheng Yi Chuan Qi by Huang Ying (黃鹰)
    I only heard the Melbourne cantonese radio but the stories are interesting ala LXF

Quote Originally Posted by akolaw View Post
    I would suggest to focus on HY's A step into the past/Searching for Qin

Because: it is entertaining, the translators are translating for fun and this is a fun book to read.

it is a new idea, not a repeat of the old same, old same.

this is the first time someone translate a HY to this deep, 1/3 of the whole thing, why not finish it. there is already many finished novel of other writer.

Jing Yung and Huang Yi are Classic, and trend leader, while others are not.

Classic in the sense that you can read it several times and still not bored, both GL and LYS are not sutle enough for repeat reading in different stage of life. GL always have holes not fill up because he sell the polt and make money from deposit of publisher and leave it, while LYS wrote same old story as thousand people with one face. it is okay for reading not not inspirational to jack up any passion.

Compare that with readers reponse from a step to the past and you know what I mean, and compare that with master of grand sword, you can see two different kind of story, and actual HY start several different trend that is now impacting internet novel in a big way in mainland China.
    I would have loved to lend my hand to A step in to past...I truly love the novel but the problem is that I don't understand the language at all.

The likes of Jean & RWX are genius...just look at the quality of work, it's a piece of art. I on the other hand am just a improved version of systran. No point in ruining a great translation.