View Poll Results: Which one do you like more?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Born Rich

    15 48.39%
  • Beyond the Realm of Conscience

    14 45.16%
  • Neither

    2 6.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Born Rich vs Beyond The Realm of Conscience

  1. #1
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,555

    Default Born Rich vs Beyond The Realm of Conscience

    Which one do you prefer more?

    Why?

    Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    523

    Default

    I'm currently watching them back to back..

    I like them both, but if I had to choose I'll choose Born Rich. I was wanting BTROC to concentrate more on the emperor's(moses) finding ways to rise to power. Instead it focuses more on the conflict of the four controllers.

    Don't want to sound sexist or anything, but its kind of silly watching the women bickering at eachother.

    Just me.

    QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

  3. #3
    Senior Member smurf120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    I also prefer Born Rich even though there are a few characters that are constantly annoying me (i.e. the mom's crazy mugging and throwing tantrums every 2 scenes).


    I'm female and I have slightly different take at the bickering -
    The amount of time the king and his court spends on internal court matters is rediculous. Even if the female court has 3000 people, this should all be managed by the Empress. The king seems to spend 85% of the time dealing with maids, 10% with politics, and 5% for actual national matters.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I'm female and I have slightly different take at the bickering - The amount of time the king and his court spends on internal court matters is rediculous. Even if the female court has 3000 people, this should all be managed by the Empress. The king seems to spend 85% of the time dealing with maids, 10% with politics, and 5% for actual national matters.
    That is very true, but Emperor Xuanzong is actually a good emperor and one of the best ones at the end of the Tang Dynasty. Politics is not incorporated into the series because the theme was basically on the inner harem of the Tang and the fight for power among the concubines. It's not the ENTIRE depiction of the Tang during Xuanzong's reign. TVB probably found it more worthy to depict the inner harem of that era than to show the political side of it. Furthermore, audiences seem to like it more this way. It was one of the reasons War and Beauty was so popular five years back.

    Personally, I'll love to see something political, but I have doubts in TVB. They will only distort history.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Even if the female court has 3000 people, this should all be managed by the Empress.
    hMM...I thought that it was managed by the empress...
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

  6. #6
    Senior Member smurf120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    I meant that the emperor seems overly involved in everything with the harem. War and Beauty seemed to do a better job of keeping the politics as backdrop with minimal involvement of the king (seemed reasonable the drama was around the eunuchs, courtesian doctors, and guards). This one labors very hard to give Kevin and Moses screen time then doesn't follow up with any good stories on the "male" side.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Currently watching both of the series but i would prefer Born Rich more..love the casts and plot more, even though its a bit draggy at times but well, they added some comedic scenes esp. those involving Gallen and i find it enjoyable..

    hmm, pretty disappointed with the ratings that BR has been getting, not even a 30pts average..

  8. #8
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    I've yet to watch either, but why are these two series being compared? Isn't it kind of like comparing apples to oranges?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I've yet to watch either, but why are these two series being compared? Isn't it kind of like comparing apples to oranges?
    They are both the showcased series of the year.

    Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

  10. #10
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    They are both the showcased series of the year.

    Han Solo
    But isn't one modern and the other an ancient series?? For someone like me who likes mostly ancient series, I would definately pick the ancient series(unless it is really bad).
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Well Han Solo is simply just asking which series you prefer between the 2...it's not like he's asking you to compare or draw similarities or whatever.

    While these 2 series can represent apples and oranges...I've been asked numerous times if I like apples or oranges more (apple btw lol)...so I don see the problem. If you prefer ancient, then you like BTROC and it's all good...but state your opinions and make it constructive

  12. #12
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Well Han Solo is simply just asking which series you prefer between the 2...it's not like he's asking you to compare or draw similarities or whatever.
    And I was simply just wondering why, out of all the other series, a vs. thread between these two particular ones was made. As far as I could tell, from genres to time periods to thespians, they didn't have much in common. I wasn't aware that they're "showcased series of the year."

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Not only are they both showcased this year...they are currently showcased and at the same time period. They are also huge productions and are chosen as anniversary series. News and mag articles constantly compare their ratings and which is more well-liked...etc...so that's the reason for this thread. I guess you don keep up with the TVB world that much, hah?

  14. #14
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Not only are they both showcased this year...they are currently showcased and at the same time period. They are also huge productions and are chosen as anniversary series. News and mag articles constantly compare their ratings and which is more well-liked...etc...so that's the reason for this thread. I guess you don keep up with the TVB world that much, hah?
    Ha, what gave that away? Yep, I haven't watched a TVB series in quite awhile. Maybe I'll check out whichever show wins this poll.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Not only are they both showcased this year...they are currently showcased and at the same time period. They are also huge productions and are chosen as anniversary series. News and mag articles constantly compare their ratings and which is more well-liked...etc...so that's the reason for this thread. I guess you don keep up with the TVB world that much, hah?
    I also have not watched a TVB series in a long long time since most of them are not even that great these days. I remember back in the days(like in the 80s), I used to watch 90% TVB along with some Taiwanese, Singapore and some China series(since China series were rare back then). But now, it is the opposite because I only watch about 10% TVB and the rest is Taiwanese, China or Singapore series.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  16. #16
    Junior Member elaine lopez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    uruguay
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i like born rich because have better male cast like Ray Lui,Kenneth Ma ,Gallen Lo ,Joe Ma unlike Beyond only have ,Moses and Kevin Cheng and it have 41 episode compare to Beyond only have 33.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Born Rich storyline is more interesting.
    BTROC is just BORING!!!! I can't seem to find BTROC fun and catching to watch.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elaine lopez View Post
    i like born rich because have better male cast like Ray Lui,Kenneth Ma ,Gallen Lo ,Joe Ma unlike Beyond only have ,Moses and Kevin Cheng and it have 41 episode compare to Beyond only have 33.
    You should watch a series for more than just the cast because the storyline should be the most important thing.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  19. #19
    Senior Member sehseh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    I dropped Born Rich after episode 10... yes Gallen and Ray is appealing, but otherwise than that... even my mum said that the story is old-fashioned.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    I dropped Born Rich after episode 10... yes Gallen and Ray is appealing, but otherwise than that... even my mum said that the story is old-fashioned.
    Is it because there's no charmaine in that series??

    Han S
    Wuxiapedia

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Similar Threads

  1. Beyond the Realm of Conscience 《宮心計》
    By vinci90 in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 289
    Last Post: 02-07-11, 03:11 PM
  2. Born Rich 《富貴門》
    By sehseh in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 06-02-10, 10:53 AM
  3. not really born a woman?
    By GuGu in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-08-09, 05:02 PM
  4. Internet get-rich spammers.
    By Han Solo in forum Tech Squad
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-08, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •