Thread: Should Muslims be given voluntary discharge from military?

Default Should Muslims be given voluntary discharge from military?

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...dChannel=11621

Lets just ignore how BS religion is for a second (Americans fought and killed people with whom they share a common ancestry… e.g. Italian Americans fighting Italians, German Americans fighting Germans so why can’t people of the same religion fight against each other?), should Muslim U.S. soldiers be given a voluntary discharge from the military if they request it on the basis of being conscientious objectors?

I believe that they should be allowed to leave the military if they believe that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are wars against their religion and that they would be killing their brethren. I don’t doubt for one second that the Ft. Worth shooter was harassed for his religious beliefs. It would be shocking if some a-hole soldiers didn’t give him a hard time. I don’t know whether he filed a formal complaint or not, but if he did, he should not have been forced to serve.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...dChannel=11621

Lets just ignore how BS religion is for a second (Americans fought and killed people with whom they share a common ancestry… e.g. Italian Americans fighting Italians, German Americans fighting Germans so why can’t people of the same religion fight against each other?), should Muslim U.S. soldiers be given a voluntary discharge from the military if they request it on the basis of being conscientious objectors?

I believe that they should be allowed to leave the military if they believe that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are wars against their religion and that they would be killing their brethren. I don’t doubt for one second that the Ft. Worth shooter was harassed for his religious beliefs. It would be shocking if some a-hole soldiers didn’t give him a hard time. I don’t know whether he filed a formal complaint or not, but if he did, he should not have been forced to serve.
    Once you belong to the military, you must serve and follow the order whether you like it or not. That is military, if you don't like about it, don't join. You can't have it both ways!! You can't just enjoy the high salary with great benefits during good time and when your country needs you, you call it quit. Sorry, life doesn't work that way.